Flip Murray for Bonzi Wells Straight Up

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 23, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well according to Sherrod Blakely, there may be a trade going down before the deadline.

I would love to see Bonzi in a Pistons Uni. Come on we're talking about Flip for Bonzi, it's a no-brainer.

Bonzi would bring toughness and a whole lot of it. Can you see him out there with the Goon Squad????? I am salivating over here like Pavlov's dogs, just the sight of it...BOOOOJAHHHHH.

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'd go for that...but I doubt Houston would.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I agree...
    If we got Bonzi then Delfino might as well pack his bags.
    IMO we are still weak at backup SG/SF and PG (could get better with our own development by next year)... a young vet would be nice.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If we got Bonzi that would be great.
    • Blalock/Lindsey
    • Bonzi Wells
    • Carlos Delfino
    • J Max/Dice
    • Dale Davis
    Not bad, could be the best bench in the NBA.

5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

No way that Wells gets traded for Flip especially with Tmac down.

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

I wanna see some Amir at SF. Is Joe purposely keeping him under the covers for contract reasons?

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

it would have to be Flop, Delfino and Acker..plus contract space and lots of aspirin!

8. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I just can't see Houston trading Bonzi for Flip as a 1 for 1 trade. They would want to pry one of our draft picks away from us (no way Jose on that) or grab one of our big men and let us have one of their bench dreck. Detroit is sitting pretty right now and Flip Murray is the least of our problems. He's healthy, can get his own shot and is cheap. If we got Bonzi he's not a playmaker guard and he'll just suck up all the playing time that belongs to Carlos Delfino. Also Bonzi seems to have a bit of a 'tude and the ego/chemistry of a team is a fragile thing and I only want good guys on the Pistons. Our biggest trade bait right now will be Dale Davis with the big men around the league in short supply. I would trade DD for a veteran point guard only if Lindsey is not coming back. If not I would stand pat on the horses we got, the Pistons are looking really good lately.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No, Houston is hardly going to ask for much. First, they did not even let him play because he is out of shape. Next, he can't play any D. Wells has potential and that it at this point. As for Bonzi Wells taking Carlos Delfino's minutes, only very anti-Delfino types would imagine such a thing. The trade would get rid of Flip Murray, who is currently ahead of Delfino in minutes played this season. In other words, the main competition for Delfino so far is Flip Murray, and this trade would remove Flip from the equation. Could Wells ever take over Carlos Delfino's minutes? Maybe it could happen somewhere along the line if Bonzi Wells ever started learning to play defense, got back into shape, and kept a good attitude while patiently awaiting his turn to play. Like I said above, Bonzi would be a project for us. Possibly large return, little sacrifice in giving up Flip Murray.

10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Is Bonzi still playing in the NBA?

8 games played this year. Just what the Pistons need another broken down Lindsey Hunter. Next Idea!!

Bonzi Wells - Houston Rockets - Career Statistics - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

:gun1:

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Remember if JD signs some one his value, perceived or real goes up. If JD chose a veteran rather than Acker it's for a reason. FlipM is here to shoot...sink or swim. When Rip went down for a few games CB tried to take the Off. load. And we weren't that good. Then again maybe FlipS' rotation were weak.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Man it seems as if all some of y'all only watch Pistons Games. Have you seen Bonzi the last week and a half?? He's coming around nicley and learning their system and has been quite productive, with no T-Mac there's no way they move Bonzi, especially since they're very inexperienced and undersized on the perimeter. Wells is starting to give the Rockets everything they were looking for, why would they even consider trading him??

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bonzi is terribly overrated.

Until teams start waiving guys, we get closer to the deadline and can assess Sheed and Hunter's health, it seems premature to just trade for any old guy who had a nice season last year.

Remember Sprewell? Was probably the best move we didn't make. I'm starting to think that Bonzi falls into the same class.

14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I would have to ask myself WHY??? If Bonzi is so good why would they trade for Murray???

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ros my man U Trippin'.
    Do you think he's better or worse than Flip??

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Talent? Better.
    Size? Better.
    Experience? Better.

Locker room? Potential team killer.

KGREG, I do watch other games. I play fantasy bball. I'm pretty well versed on what a # of marquee names do around the league on any given night. And I had Bonzi on my team last season so I followed all of his amazing double digit rebound games.

But the thing about Bonzi is, no one likes him. GMs don't rush to acquire him, coaches can't wait for him to leave, and it doesn't sound like many players think he is someone they need to get to improve.

You wanna know why Bonzi is playing better? Minutes. The same issue Flip Murray has here. He wants minutes.

All of these cats need to talk to Darko about minutes. Amir Johnson.

Sorry, I'm for giving Delfino the bulk of the backup swingman minutes until he proves himself to be a liability or totally inept.

Chemistry. How the talent fits together.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Bonzi ain't all that...but I think he would offer the Pistons far more floor value than Flip. Bonzi's had some pretty good games lately...no way the Rockets let him go with Tmac's back.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Here's what I think we need badly, a backup player on the wing. Right now I don't think anybody in Piston Nation feels as if FlipJr can get the job done, we're HOPING Delfino can develop and bring this missing link of offense to his game, but we don't have the Bird in the Hand. Looking at Bonzi's strengths, I feel his strengths are our weakness'. Yes he wants mins, everybody does, but I feel that if Bonzi got 13-18mpg, he'll deliver what Flip can't and what we HOPE Delf will one day deliver. Is he bad in the locker room, maybe, but I've played with cats who are a-holes who I didn't like by day, but if they could ball come game time, we shelved all the drama....truthfully that's the real picture of the league.

19. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

do you really think bonzi would settle for 13-18 mpg without kicking up a stink? you think he wouldn't get upset like slip murray is right now and jack up a shot every time he touches it to 'make up for lost time'?

i wouldnt be willing to take a chance on him. everyone is playing well together right now apart from flip pretty much, but his little periods of selfishness aren't rocking the boat too terribly to matter. bonzi's could, because unlike flip they have greater potential to spill off the court as well. thats what i'm worried about.

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Bonzi = major upgrade over Flip Jr. & Delfino (until he proves any kind of consistency)
    Bonzi has a rediculously low contract (short term to boot)... there is little risk.
    But yeah, he's in Houston until Tmac gets better (if ever)... I highly doubt they'd trade for Murray (they already have Head)... the deal would have to be sweetened.