Flip Murray is a Piston

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Jul 14, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The current bench is made up of low draft picks and a guy coming off serious knee problems... 24+ teams passed on these guys... how much PT are they really worth?... anyone see the Knicks completely out hustle these guys in the SL?
    I'm all for playing the bench but we need to make sure they're more talented then who they're facing.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

They are worth more than they got. Tayshaun, Delfino, Maxiel all in the middle 20's...worth some floor time. Flip murray #42 or something. Made the most of his opportunity. Nazr Mohhamed #29.

You are not bringing in highly touted mercenaries...you are bringing in late round picks who got a chance to develop. We HAD that already.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Joe D took care of how to distinguish between the two Flips. In his presser to introduce Murray and Nazr, he called Flip Saunders "Flip Sr.", so I guess that makes Murray "Flip Jr." :laugh:
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That'll work
  5. Slippy

What about we call saunders "Choke" and murray "Chuck".

We could have the "Chuck and Choke Show: How to Orchestrate an Early Playoff exit with poor shooting from the field"
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This ripping on the Pistons coach and ripping on new Pistons that have yet to wear a Detroit uniform is getting old. Let's hear something new...
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I am officially very happy to have Nazr Mohammed and Flip Murray (Jr.).

The coach however, remains on my doo-doo list.
  8. Slippy

True. If this was last year with all its optimism surrounding it...it would be a different story. I like Nazr though. No hatin' on Nazr...no siree.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, they are Pistons now and we gotta give them a shot.

I agree with Roscoe, though. I'm down on Senior, but even he may redeem himself. (Although I doubt he is even capable).
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm all for giving Terry Porter the HC position.
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Now I'm scared. Haven't paid much attention to Flip, other than noticing he was horrible against the Pistons in the playoffs. But did some research.

First, Seattle traded him for Mike "who?" Wilks. And the Seattle fans say he has the same game as Arroyo.

2nd, Cleveland declined to match a two year 3 mil contract. That's chump change for any halfway decent guard.

I know Joe has found diamonds in the rough, but it sounds like Flip may be your everyday trash thrown to the curb. Joe keeps drafting guys with potential and keeps playing aging vets, that nobody else wants, over them. Other than Dice, not one of Joe's recent vets have panned out.

Time to play the rooks Joe, this Curry, Darvin, Dupree, Mo, Delk, Dupree crap aint working.
  12. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT OUR NEW PLAYERS, OUR PRESIDENT, OUR COACH.. GIVE THEM A CHANCE. YOU ARE ALL TOO NEGATIVE.
  13. Darth Tater

Dupree, Mo, and Curry?

Sounds like a famous trio I remember.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk. :dizzy:
  14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

If the goal is to steer negative energy away from the team, I assure you that this will not be accomplished by spreading negative energy to other members of the forum.

If you're looking for a place where everyone is on the same page as it pertains to new players, our president, and our coach...I'm afraid you will always be disappointed. We value difference of opinion here. My suggestion to you would be to use the energy you put into this post (Caps and all) and write a complelling arguement as to why you believe the team will be successful this year. Of course this presumes that your opinions are based on statistical fact or sound logic and not just blind faith. If you feel that the prevailing opinion here is that we are in bad shape, you would probably be doing the Forum a great service by explaining your case. This is a challenge that I invite to all those in the forum who share this opinion. If it is well written, submit it to the staff and it could be a candidate as one of our featured articles. You too can join the ranks of our regular writers: The Low, DBA, Micro and Superstarov. :)

Furthermore, if some of the comments by the members of this forum are bothering anyone THAT much, I would encourage them to PM the "annoying" member about their thoughts. It keeps the comradary up around here. This is what makes us different from most places. It's our PF.com DNA. :)

We consider everyone here in the forum like extended family members. That philosophy only works when we respect eachother's opinions regardless of how much we disagree with them. Let's keep it adult here. Everyone's voice deserves to be heard. Besides, if the Pistons do achieve success above expectations I guarantee you that the reverse will be true. An overemphasis on the positive versus the areas where improvement is needed will be the new atmosphere.

Take care and thanks for posting.
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well said Mo.
  16. Darth Tater

:nod:

Good job Mo.

And I'm taking your advice and sending a PM to an extremely annoying member who shall remain nameless ** cough...Slippy...cough**:laugh:
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Shouldn't you be studying or something? :eyebrows:

Oh. Should have PM'd that.

Just to stay on topic, Flip Murray has a nice looking jumpshot.
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

The biggest no-no in any forum, I think, is to insinuate "how" people should post. That said, Mo is right, make a compelling argument. It's not a great idea to bark at the moon.

Besides, if Flip turns out to be a steal, people who ripped him will be pretty good about coming back and saying, "I wuz wrong."