Flip Murray is a Piston

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

its not that he'll do bad, he'll prolly do ok and then delfino willget traded for tickets to a Beatles Tribute band show and a 32 oz beer and Acker will sign with Miami. By the time both look like decent contributors, Murray will bolt to the Pacers to have a legit chance at being a starter again.

last season i liked the addition of Mo because we needed an answer for Wade and Delfino was a big :confused: . Delk as well. We had a need and he filled it (on paper).

What is our need this season? More Scoring? LESS defense? Everytime i read about this team i keep thinking about that Antoine Walker joke: why do you shoot so many threes? Cuz there are no 4's. FlipS, how do you address teams scoring 56% against the pistons? Well, obviously we will have to find ways to score more.

yawn. speaking of playstaton, i am going to have to get mine out and createmy own roster.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

ohhhhhhhh, i see whats going on now. they're tanking so we'll end up with 2 first round picks next draft.

it all makes perfect sense!!
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Perhaps Joe is looking for someone to fill the 2 guard spot after he trades Rip, Sheed, and Dale for KG? :)

Oh who am I kidding, this is looking more and more like a train wreck with every passing day.
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

oh yeah, another Mo- like player. Next season, fans will complain about Fino not playing and Murray taking away his minutes.
    Flip is simply a younger Delk...
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Let me get this straight, we flipped:

Darko for a future late 1st rounder
    Ben for Nazr
    Arroyo and Delk for Flip
    Mo Evans for a guy playing in Europe
    and kept Lindsey and p'd off Delfino

I think I'm going to cry, guess it's time to root for Isaiah and the Baby Knicks.
  6. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

What Did You Expect For 175m Kg?
  7. easybuckets

Knicks Fan? U Can Go Down With Isiah And Dolan On The Knicks Titanic..........
  8. easybuckets

So Flip Played Poorly In The Playoffs. P.s. so Did The Pistons. Give Murray A Chance.
  9. easybuckets

We Already Have 2 First Round Picks Next Year....
  10. pas99

pas99 Second Round Draft Pick

I agree with you. This is a solid move and it was a financial steal. FlipM is a shooter, and is quick enough not to embarrass the (at times) unmotivated ones. He has adaptability at PG –SG and comes loaded when inserted as the backup. This will add more seasoned depth in the long grueling season. JD may have one more trade (PF) and then things will settle down into a 55 win season even with much more time this season for the younger crew. FlipS will not have to prove his coaching abilities-strategies this time around in direct proportion to the totalities of the win column. The team will ramp-up the offense (FlipS strength) and settle down into a solid 8 man rotation (8 X 12 =96=55 wins) which is very do-able. The Piston’s particular cultural class sentiment (which is rarely discussed) of unappreciated working class tenacity will keep the defense solid and the opened offense will ease pressures at playoff time. Expect CB to have a solid and eventful season (and I wonder why). FWIW: expect BenW to have motivational impact on Bulls and they will be much tougher ball club this year…still no match for the Pistons. Why? Perceptions involving the Bull’s cultural class sentiment might point out some answers.

Variables include: team chemistry, experience, bench strength, injuries, motivation and coaching comfort patterns. The Pistons will once again join Miami (will be weaker this year), San Antonio, and Dallas…all of which will all be left-over survivors.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ya mean we can get a 32 oz for him... where do I sign up?

Have to admit the possibility of trading Rip did cross the mind.

Heard in the huddle... Flip flips the ball over to Flip... "Ok Flip you and CB flip flop spots we're gonna run a high screen and roll... if you're not open flip it back to Chauncey... just make it flippin happen!"
    Joe's Flipped his wig... he's finally flipped out... the new mascot...meet Flipper the Teal Dolphin.
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

This team has finally pushed you over the edge..hasn't it? :laugh:
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

We don't necessarily need a guy who is a shooter who shoots 40 per cent do we? Shooting is great but it really doesn't help the team all that much unless you make a few of them. Anthony Goldwire could probably do a better job.
  14. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

the only smart post here :) Flip is a 2 guard. period. Now I don't know if Delf plays the 2 or 3 or both (I'd guess he'd be a 3 man because his J is so unreliable right now). So the 2 of them should come off the bench in the 2 and 3 spots IMO. Flip actually played VERY VERY WELL in Seattle (not sure what the one guy's friend was talking about with blind Ray Allen jokes). His trade value was HIGH AS HELL when Ray was out hurt because he came in killin. Seattle held on to him too long and got a lil less though...

Now his play in CLE was very uninspiring...if that's the Flip we're getting, then we're in trouble.
  15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Flip's better tha his numbers say (on offense) I'll give him that. I'll also ignore his lack of defensive ability if he can come in and provide a spark off the bench.

Personally though, I'm still hoping Joe can turn Cato and Delfino into a S/T for someone.:fingerscr
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this seems like another 'consolation prize' since charlotte was unwilling to trade knight. who else were we gonna get with our bi-annual exception? i'd rather have murray than chucky, but also wonder why we couldn't just re-sign delk.

i'm not happy, but willing to look on the bright side ... should be a spark off the bench and he's young (turning 27 in 2 weeks). since we were all about offense in the regular season last year, he provides that and maybe chauncey won't have to play 38 MPG the 2nd half of the season and complain about being tired. we'll probably end up just playing billups and hunter in the playoffs anyway.

while i agree he didn't play well in the playoffs, you *could* say the cavs didn't start giving us trouble until hughes left and murray was the starting SG. no, i don't honestly believe that's the reason we struggled against the cavs but i'm just trying to make myself feel better.

so...good move for the regular season. plus he's so short that he can't take minutes from delfino at SF.

the part that frightens me the most about is the ESPN article stating that the pistons initially offered flip most of their mid-level exception until they got nazr. imagine the reaction if we signed him at 3-4 million per year instead of sub-2 million, and didn't get another backup C in the process!! it says he initially rejected the pistons offer hoping to get a more lucrative deal elsewhere, so maybe he'll have a chip on his shoulder from no one else wanting him (again more wishful thinking that i don't necessarily buy into haha).

at least we got nazr AND flip rather than just flip.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Well one thing Fosho, this team will score some points... it's almost like going the Suns route... just out score em baby.
    100 PPG this year?
  18. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

hmmmmmmmmmmm. this is very difficult to understand given Joe's public statements.

No wonder he likes Flip. Neither of them follow through with anything they tell the public.

I am going to root like heck for the Pistons.

I am ready to suffer.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I am close to giving up. Joe has lost what made him better than other GM's.:mad:
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Please see the "tutoring thread" where we explain our jokes for those who can't seem to understand them on the first go round. ;)