Flip Murray is a Piston

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I am embarassed about my outbursts. I guess I just expected to be the same title contending organization of the past. at least when we get eliminated in the middle rounds,i won't ask what happened.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't mind being passionate about my team.

I wasn't crazy about Flip Murray when he was on the trading block in Seattle and I am not crazy about him now.

It's not easy to go from

trading Mo Evans for KG
    to
    picking up Bonzi Wells/Al Harrington and Speedy Claxton
    to
    losing Ben, replacing with Mohammed, not re-signing Cato and supplementing (sp!) the bench with Ron Murray.

Flip Murray deserves a chance. His bosses however are really trying my patience.
  3. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

How 'bout the Bonzi Wells for nothin" trade?
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Flip Murray is Flip Saunder's philosophy all wrapped up into one player. Both are one dimensional, will be exposed by midseason, and will most likely be fired/traded once Chicago boasts a far superior record than us by the all-star break.

Our team has abandoned the philosophy that made us champions. Gone are the days that if you didn't play hard nosed defense then you didn't play for the Pistons. At this point, I don't even know what Pistons DNA is! Just what are we building here? Again, I don't believe that we have the pieces to be the best offensive team in the league. We cannot beat any of the favorites with that style of basketball. They are superior to us in that regard.

If this is making the best out of a poor situation, this should give you some clue as to how much trouble we are in.

I hope I am wrong about this, but so far it seems that alot of our success this season is predicated on our personnel and coaches showing us elements of their game/coaching style we've never seen before. That can't be a good sign.
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

80% chance Flip is fired by midseason.
  6. roscoe36

Which one? :laugh:
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I hate to say it but my take on the Pistons strategy right now is to remain a playoff team and finish at about 45-48 wins next season.

That would be good enough to be a top 4 seed in the weak EC. What I don`t think Joe D and Flip realize is, that is not good enough for the true Pistons fans!!

Our defensive presence and character has departed (Ben Wallace) and as Motown Pride said our team can`t outscore our opponents with this current squad, a bunch of vets who are led by a PG who will be avoiding fatigue and a group of talented youngsters who don`t play.

It`s obvious Flip Murray was picked up for some offensive punch coming off the bench. That is a clear signal that Delfino, Acker, etc... will be buried on the pine again!!!!!!!!
  8. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I'm not surprised at the signing of Flip Murray. Personally I would have liked for us to sign a big man/banger instead. I think the move indicates the level of confidence Joe has in Delfino. :eyebrows:

Think about this for a minute. The 2 seems to be Delfino's "natural" position. Caner-Medly seems to be making a name for himself in the summer league. J-Max and Amir seem to be improving their games. Prior to Murray's signing our depth in the backcourt consisted of end-of-the- draft-selected Acker and Blalock plus a first-half sitting out Hunter. Add to that a complaining-while-fishing Delfino; and can you spell W-E-A-K? :ohwell:

In Joe's mind, Delfino appears to be following the same pattern as he did last year. Why would he think the results would be any different? Let's face it, Delfino's track record don't exactly inspire confidence. So the question becomes, who's better; Flip Murray or Delfino? :noidea:

I want to pull for Delfino. That's why I called for him to play in the summer leagues, and work on his game. But NOOOOO, he wanted to go fishing. Somebody tell me again....why couldn't he play in both the summer league AND for his national team? The handwriting's on the wall.

On another note, Hoopshype says we "acquired" rookie center Patrick O'Bryant. Is this a typo or did I miss something?

http://www.hoopshype.com/market_center.htm
  9. roscoe36

Typo. He was taken 9th overall in the draft by the Warriors. We do NOT have Patrick O'Bryant.
  10. Mad Hatter

Awwww shucks Roscoe. You just rained on my parade.

I knew he was a lottery selection in the draft, but was hoping we had somehow subsequently "acquired" him. Oh well.

Hey, maybe they know something we don't? It shouldn't take much by way of a salary match to pull this off.

One can dream can't we? :fingerscr
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You can book a second or first round exit for this team unless joe makes a move, and right now Joe has completely lost his mind.
  12. Mad Hatter

You may be right about a second round exit, but I'm not so sure Joe has lost his mind. Who would you have preferred signing for $3.6? Joe is shoring up what he feels to be a weak area. Smart move, IMO.

It seems some folk are upset that Murray will "take" PT from Delfino. I would hope that Delfino would "take" his own PT. If that don't happen, it ain't necessarily the coach or Joe D's fault.

The hate continues. First it was Ham, then Mo, and now Flip (the player). Eventually, somebody has to hold Delfino accountable for his own preparation, or lack thereof; as the case may be.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Delfino did 10 times better than Mo, but Flip Saunders is on crack. Joe hasn't made a good move in a long time, and it's time he came off this slump.
  14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't know what is worse: that we were trying to get him for $5 mil or that we got him for $1.5 mil
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We were trying to get him for 5 million? If that's true that's much worse.
  16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That's another thing that I hate about Flip (the player) is that now we are always going to have to tell everyone that it's not Flip (the coach) we are talking about.
  17. Mad Hatter

Yeah...Flip squared. :doh:

Wonder which Flip will be the first to flop? I'm betting it will be "Flip-twitch."
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh my God we went from Wallace X2 to Flip X2. I don't know why I'm laughing right now because that's pretty sad.
  19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

C'mon...let's think about this. If you were driving a Cadillac and had to give it up for a Kia Rio...would you want to see how it rides first?
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He plays no defense. I want to see Acker play more than Flip Murray.