Flip Murray

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Dec 9, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buddha, he's averaging 6.1, same as our guy, but a couple less minutes.
    DD, I think they should understand him by now.

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

That's funny!!

Watch the two play. Farmar is amazing. He directed the entire 4th quarter Faker barrage against the KG's last night. Flip couldn't dream of being 25% as good even at this stage of JF's career.

You are funny guy!!

:hoops:

3. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Flip -vs- Delfino is quietly becomming moot.

After witnessing FlipM's selfish first half performance (7 shots in 7 min), FlipS rode with anyone but FlipM in the 2nd half of our Seattle game. FlipM only saw 4.5 2nd half minutes. More importantly FlipM was OUT and Delfino was IN when we went small for the end of game defensive stand.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

And the saga continues...

5. max

max All-Star

I think he can help the team out. Just don't have to play him so much.

It looks like that is starting to change, we will see.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

After last night, I hope its clear he needs to go. An impending free agent "who has already admitted" to be playing for his next contract, will be a cancer to the team as the season goes on.
    1. Because Rip will get a least 40MPG in the playoffs
    2. Flip2 is not a point thats half as good as Wil and lindsay
    3. Lindsay is Joe's boy and he aint going nowhere.
    4. Minutes breakdown..Chauncey 38 minutes
    Rip 36 minutes
    A healthy Lindsay 12 minutes
    Tay 36 minutes
    Carlos 12 from Tay and 6 from Rip
    that leaves 6 for Baby Flip...ri-ight!
    5. He probably prays for an injury

Here's what Im afraid of. Joe is a very proud man and he spoke very highly of LilFlip this summer. will he bite the bullet like he did with LOsArroyo 'again" ?
    :gun1: i dont know...what to do? Cut him loose? I think we should have:
    1. Signed Mo Evans back. At least for all his limitness, we would know what to expect. and i NEVER saw him 'not' hustle. Admit that.
    2. Not picked up Dupree or Flippy. That bench space should be for Blay and amir and Acker. All they would have gotten is garbage minutes anyway ...and with less lip.
    3. Let Blaylock go NBDL..I love this kid, but I dont want him to be a Rajon Rambo(??whatebber) ..he has darell armstrong style though with Eric Snow game. A true point guard. But he has to develop a shot, like TJ Ford or me:pound: ..At least acker can shoot. But back to flip....

lose this looooser....quick

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Good post, HQ. For all the Mo hatin' that was going on last year, he definitely seems like a more effective player than Flip Jr. Then again, Delfino has consistently been bringing the hustle/glue intangibles when he's been on the court, and Mo was playing over him a lot last year, so Fino is kind of filling that role anyway, plus with better defense (though not deadly on the corner pocket 3 like Mo).

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that Flip Jr. will be a cancer to the team, but if the extended bench stays in place when Lindsay comes back, Flip might be sort of an odd man out. A guy who can score off the bench is always a good thing, but he isn't consistent enough.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Mo's only problem was Flip S. man love of the spot up 3.

IMO, we can treat Flip M like the mercenary that he is. He should get into games to keep the rust off but he's really there incase rip tweaks an ankle and you need scoring punch to get you over the hump.
    We need to use X minutes to develop delfino into a solid contributor or valuable trade piece.
    Being a veteran, he shouldn't need the development time that delfino and blalock can use.

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I guess that's true. Though for that specific purpose, it probably would have been better just to re-sign Tony Delk.

10. buddahfan

I think it would have been even better to not have traded DMC and CA to begin with!!!

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buddha, the fakers drafted that kid like 20 and FlipM is a 40. The fakers can play him cause they got nothing else.
    BHQ, FlipM is a 2G nothing else. I bet he can dribble better than Mo.
    Let me know when you stop laughing at the fact that JD stole him for a $Buck and a half.
    Of course he's playing for his next payday, JD sure as hell didn't line his pockets! He's not going to hurt us. He's a team guy.

12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I still don't understand how Joe could give away a proven NBA player with hustle and a decent 3pt shot for nothing. It's not like this trade has any presents to make.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

TTR, we did get 7'1" Check Sum from the Lakers.

14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

for me, a late 2nd rounder for someone like Evans is nothing. I'd be quite surprised it that Manute Bol reincarnation has a more succesfull career than Glynadiakis.

15. buddahfan

I have watched Farmer's Market play now for 2 years. I guarantee you that this kid is damn good and maybe the best rookie in the league. He sure is best rookie guard in the league. He is better than Foye.

JF is better by comparison than Schulmann has him ranked. The reality is that it is hard for any guard playing next to or behind Obie-Wan to get much attention by the media.

NBA.com Rookie Rankings -- Dec. 18, 2006

JF would be our 3rd guard if Joe D. had been able to draft him.

Murray is a one dimensional player and not so hot even at that one dimension. He is a streak shooter, but so are grafettie (sic) artists.

You can pump him all you like, I just hope you don't have him on your fantasy team.

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Tony delk wanted outta here faster than....well some pretty fast thing!!! Buckets wasn't happy with his PT. Murray won't be happy with his PT.
    Evans wasn't happy with his PT.

Part of the problem was the starters and the need to ride them till they gave out and the other part of the problem was bringing in a constant stream of low level talent to battle it out.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Me and Low both liked Ckeck Sum at the Summer league. He's twice the athlete Bol was.
    Fair enough Buddha, but if a guy can get you .5 points in 1 minute he'll be starting soon. Or be on someone elses team. FlipM is at .333 per minute. Right on the bench were he should be.

18. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Let's give Delfino Flip's minutes and see how it goes. Hneeds the boost of confidence from his teammates and coach to know they are behind him and want him to succeed. Last night I think we saw him get away from the pressure of scoring and try to find a comfort zone with his defense, rebounding and ball handling. If he can get through a few games with some bigger minutes and succeed at the things he does well; he will become more aggressive and productive at scoring the ball.

By the way; Did you see that facial he gave Lebron on that drive to the lane. That was an "all ball" block that the officails gave to the star.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Great then FlipM goes into the tank.

20. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Which is why we need to do everything to keep Delfino. He's a Vinny/Sally type player. Guys who maybe could have started for other teams, but accepted their roles as role players on good teams. Murray will never do that. Delfino complained last year, but it wasn't about getting more minutes each game, it was about not getting dnp-cd game after game.

Give the cat consistent minutes every game, doesnt matter if it's 10 or 20, and he will produce without complaining. Same with JMax. Cheap, good bench players, that don't complain about minutes, are almost as valuble as all-star starters.

BTW, watching the Nets/Lakers, a couple of non sequitors, Mo Evans still can't dribble, but he hustles, and I'm watching him sitting all alone in the corner begging for the ball. He gets it, and drains the 3. The best thing he does is hit that shot, and the Nets can't cover it? Next, Mikki Moore doesn't suck. Still can't believe I'm saying that. What is the growing curve on skinny 7 footers? I'd take him over Nazr right now. Makes me hope for Samb. And I want Farmar on the Pistons. Joe just get it done.