Flip Murray

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Dec 9, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah you can only hide them for so long.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I read somewhere that Joe is considerin tradin FlipM straight-up for Bonzi Wells. Seems like both players need a change of scenery. One "Flip problem" might be solved reeeel soon.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Is this serious?
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Its in Blakely's latest blog entry.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I would do it.

Not too high on either, however, Bonzi might be a step up from Flip.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Murray is just on loan (possibly Bonzi too)... we're better off building our future with someone that we are sure will be around for two cups of coffee.
    Murray is not building a case for the scouts looking for new acquisitions.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:pound:@Merc's sig.

I'd do the trade. Hopefully if it happens he uses Delfino and Bonzi at the same time.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Something like Delfino, Murray and our own 1st rounder for Bonzi & Luther Head (drafted #24 last year)... that would set us up...
    Head is having a nice year as a combo guard... Blalock could still get a shot at some reserve minutes.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Head is a poor man's Ben Gordon. I'm not sure I like that deal, and I'm not sure I like including Delfino in any trade that bolsters Murray's value unless it is for a salary discounted star or we are committed to developing Jmax/Amir at the 3.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

True... however Head is a rich mans Murray :MusicBigGrin:
  11. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

``Murray is just on loan (possibly Bonzi too)... we're better off building our future with someone that we are sure will be around for two cups of coffee.''

Guys play harder in contract years. I'd rather have Bonzi around for 6 months than for 3 years.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I hope I have made my point about this 4minute brother (3 fouls/3 turnovers) tonight...
    lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaLOOOO-SER!
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Doesn't appear to be the case with Finals-MVP All-Star Billups. This season, he often looks like he feels he has already proven all he has to prove and is just waiting for the highest bidder.
  14. hack

That's Chauncey. It's a bit different when one is a top FA, no?
  15. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

So what is going on with Flip Murray that his game has been heading south lately? During one of the OTs last night I thought I saw him heading back in the game and he wasn't wearing his headband. He probably attributes his poor play to his headgear or else he's trying to change it up a bit and see if that will bring him some luck. There has to be concern on the part of Joe D. and the upper echelon of management to figure out whether to trade him or let him play through this horrible stretch until Lindsey Hunter gets back on his feet. In the meantime Delfino can play SG and even Dupree should get some minutes because Flip Saunders isn't going to let Flip Jr. struggle much longer. He said this isn't the developmental league and doesn't even want to talk about his namesake anymore.
  16. roscoe36

No matter how he plays, Flip is depth. It only takes one twisted ankle between our starting guards for Flip to become very important and relevant. Particularly since his production efficiency increases with starter minutes.

We're lucky he's stinking it up because he's not really in our long term plans and it is giving Delfino opportunities to show and increase his value.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I actually think he cares about winning more than his contract, and I don't know why people can't believe that. He's playing bad, he's not taking nights off. He did his job by racking up assists and not turning the ball over. He's in a shooting slump, but it's not his job to score.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Nope. Rip gets injured, Delfino should get the start, Flip Murray still should not play. Ditto for Billups, Flip should still not get any minutes while Blalock gets the start. Rip and Delfino in together can spell Blalock, with Rip guarding the point and Delfino running the point on offense. Flip Murray has no guard skills, and so should never play as a guard.

Also, we can bring in JMAX or Amir Johnson in as a small forward as needed while Tay plays gaurd.
  19. roscoe36

I don't think Delfino should start at SG. This team is heavily dependent on 20 PPG from the starter at that position. Delfino has shown a lot of intangibles and a good nose for the ball, but he hasn't shown any indication the team can lean on him game after game for bulk points production.

I'm no Flip Murray fan, but he is capable of putting up 20+ in starters minutes. There is an element of pressuring defenders which is part of the "the best defense is a good offense" cliche.

It would also be great to see him play his butt off because he wants a nice contract this offseason.
  20. hack

I don't see why there must be 20 from the SG position. Not having Rip means running more plays for Sheed and Tay.