Flip Murray

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

A little of this is to be expected. He came over as a rhythm player...a guy that needst o get into the flow to start contributing. Here there is very little room for him even when he is beauguarding all of the backup minutes.

I like delfino better but if rip goes down, I think flip should get the shot first since his strengths fit better.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

When yall was getting on Loser in the playoffs last year, praying he'd come in the game so he could mess up, name one thing he did or has done, in his career , that made yall think he was PISTON-worthy. Some of yall sound like you've had too much 'Blaha-juice".....:MusicBigGrin:
  3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Flip Murray may have the lowest basket IQ in the NBA, with the possible exception of Chris Webber. He clearly has skills. He's quick, he has handles, he can make tough shots, but his decision making is just bad.

And Flip Saunders didn't sound none too pleased about Flip Jr. after the game. Time to shelf the guy, in case of injury. Have to agree with Wave, if Rip got hurt, you have to start Murray and bring Delfino off the bench, he is a better 2 than Delfino, when he wants to be. And that only appears to happen when he starts.

Also, Delfino's team oriented game works a lot better with the 2nd unit than Flip's me first approach.
  4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Nice dose of reality here. He was a steal for what his abilities can bring to a team...in others words the price was right and he was extremely easy insurance for the always unknown factors that can present themselves during a long season. It was a known factor that he has trouble finding (actually picking up) a rhythm when he comes off the bench. There could be many reasons for this, but this does not negate he will help his teammates more than he will hurt the bottom line.

JD made the right move and we are much better off then a lot of teams that now are having their share of problems with injuries. I completely agree that he should be the first off the bench because of his flexibility in playing the 1-2 position. Delfino is a close second and too be honest, we are not in bad shape if Flip continues to bring consistency in his rotation pattern....10-15 minutes is adequate playing time for a number of players in helping them feel comfortable toward team flow.

Here's another factor, that I like to see. Ronald is getting his changes and he is disgusted with himself with the results. Try and come up with that form of self criticism from other members on the team. Can you name one player who has been self critical of his poor performance level? And there are enough to go around on our team. It would be refreshing, to say the least.

Naaay...let's just blame the coach.
  5. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

DARIUS MILES
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

In my never ending rant to run this loser out of town(and under a bus) how could a guy play a worse game in a 26 pt blow out. He is definetly not a scoring guard and he cant shoot. What i hate is the 4 or 5 clowns that he does every game that is definetly classic loserdm. Pargo of NOK is one of those type of players but Im pretty sure that Id take him over Murray. I really hate him.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Amen brotha, pass the collection plate, cause you preechin' now!!!!!
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Pargo was 6-24 from the field:puke:, but he did have 8 boards and 6 assists. Normally Pargo can shoot the ball too, I'm willing to do the trade if part of the core isn't traded.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i hate him.........................again
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

After tonight's game Flip Murray averages 20 MPG, 6.1 PPG (39.2% FG, 35.5% 3PT, 68.8% FT), 1.8 RPG, 1.8 APG, .55 SPG, 1.0 TOPG, and 1.5 FPG, along with 0 defense per game.

That being more or less in line with his career averages prorated for minutes (his points are down as he's playing point guard, but so are his turnovers), I expect that Joe Dumars is well pleased with the production he's getting from his free agent acquisition.
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Joe D...worst GM in leaque over last two years...
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:) Can we ship him back to the Cavs for Damon Jones or Eric Snow:yellowprison:
  13. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

If this forum can see that Flip is not working out so well, you got to believe that Joe Dumars is just waiting to pull the trigger on a deal to get a solid back-up PG. He's got some time since the deadline is in February and he has to see how Lindsey is progressing with his injury. There are some positives to take from this and that I would bet a healthy sum that Flip Murray's days as a Piston are numbered. There must be a team out there that wants him. He's fairly cheap, looks to be in great shape, never seems to be injured and wears that headband with a real flair. Seattle maybe wants him back and we'll take that Earl Watson guy off their hands.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would trade Flip Murray and some autographed basketballs to Greece for Alex Acker if it were possible.
  15. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

Great job of searching for the positive.:pound:
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Lol, those autographs are quickly depreciating... maybe throw in a Bad Boy DVD
  17. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

You get what you pay for. Sometimes being cheap is not always the answer.
  18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Its cool though. Chauncey's injury allowed us to evaluate both Flip and Blalock better. At least we know what we got...which isn't much.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If we brought these guys into the playoffs it would of been bad. I like Blalock, but he's young. The Sheed injury was the same thing, except Dale and J Max showed they can help a lot. It's hard to pull of trades. Every GM is looking to make thier team better, not just Joe.
  20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

too bad we didn't just keep delk instead of flip