Flip Saunders: critical thinking exercise

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Griffin, Apr 14, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Like I posted on this forum at the beginning of the season. I see Flip who has inherited a hell of a team. Plan on Flip staying in Detroit for a ong while. Also, I mentioned at the beginning of the season. Flip is Phil Jackson (the Chicago bulls Phil). He will milk this cow for awhile. The starting five is what the pistons are all about, Flip did some very good things with the offense, he brought his huge playbook that the stones seem to love, they went out and executed his playbook to the fullest.

During Phil Jackson's tenure in Chicago, he inherited a man named Jordan, then Pippen and the rest of the five. He had the triangle and won how many championships? I will stay with my original prediction, we will win a few champs with Flip.
  2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I would rather have Brown. Although the offense was stagnant at times, ben did more thn play defense and the rest of the team did more than play offense. That's exaggerated, but you know what i mean.
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This is a great thread.

I remember a lot of people talking about about how Larry Brown the HOF coach was going to improve the Pistons.

Then saying how he guided them to "his" first professional title (He didn't win one in the ABA even though he had a unbelieveably talented team with Denver). And when the Pistons lost last year most of comments I heard where either because of Sheed's mistake or that fact that the Tones had the home court advantage.

Then Flip gets signed by the PIstons and almost every NBA fan, writer, commentator etc commented how Flip has never one an NBA title with the implication that he had teams good enough (talented enough) to win one. This was and is of course a bunch of bull, because with the exception the team that lost to the Lakers due to the injury to Sam Cassell Flip never had enough talent to be expected to even win the West yet alone the NBA title.

Now Brown's has his record filled year in the Big Apple and people around Michigan don't talk to much about him even though they still talk about DMC. And Flip guides the Pistons to their best record ever. So what are people saying. Well hell, anyone could have done this given the talent that the Pistons have. Well that is also a bunch of bull.

We will never know but I am willing to go on record for arguments sake that if Flip had coached the Pistons last year instead of Brown that right now the Pistons would have back to back titles and be going for a threepeat and Brown would be out of coaching.

While I will be rooting for the Pistons you have got to love the job that the Zenmeister has done with the Lakers. They are in my opinion only a small forward and 1 guard away from serioiusly challanging for the title next year. The Zenmeister is working his magic and I am really looking forward to hopefully seeing an all L.A. matchup out west in the second round. Too bad the Clippers have such a boring coach.