Ford Says Millen should leave team!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by jammertime, Sep 22, 2008.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks aurora. It feels like Christmas in September!

This is a big deal for Lions' fans. My Dad stopped by my work today to tell me the great news! :MusicBigGrin:

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This was today's lead story on ESPN's ARTH and PTI> wonder what Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel will say since the Lions have been the butt of some of their jokes over the years...

Katie Courac was preparing for it to be her lead story on the evening news, but some debate controversy popped up:tape:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks Kimmie!

Mariucci was on NFL radio and took a lot of shots at Millen for being inexperienced and incompetent.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know you're bad when Mariucci calls you incompetent. :stirthepot::pound:

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's probably best that they are going to wait to take time to find a replacement...

The Lions’ front office will now be led by executive vice president Tom Lewand, who will report to the owner on business issues, and new general manager Martin Mayhew, who will report to the owner on football matters.
    “These decisions are for the duration of the 2008 season,” Ford’s statement said. “Once the season is over, we will undergo a thorough and comprehensive evaluation of our entire football operation and put together a plan that we believe will transform this team into a winner.”

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

We'll only be happy until Ford picks Tony Mandarich as his next President.

[​IMG]

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Knowing the nimrod was here 7 1/2 years is mind-boggling. What was Ford thinking when he re-upped his contract?

Though I was ecstatic when I first heard the news this morning, I've come to the sobering reality that the Fords still own the Lions. Knowing the Fords have owned this sad-sack for 40+ years, what credible GM in his right mind would want to take over the reins? I fear the Fords will have no choice but to hire another half-wit, inexperienced dunderhead.

Think Cuban's interested in a football franchise? Or maybe BillD?

Hall-bound Bill Davidson on all the banners and all the bummers | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

From what I've heard, by the time WCF is done paying it may be more like $50M...pretty sweet. Maybe Millen isn't so dumb afterall. His wife sounded obnoxiously arrogant in commenting that Matt is now relieved of his "football prison". If WCF isn't steaming right now, he should be.

9. jammertime

Yup. Because he was fired, he's due the full amount of his contract, which would bring it to $50 million. The 2 sides could also agree to a buy-out for less.

A while back, Matt Millen said that if WCF every wanted him out, all he had to do was say the word and he wouldn't take anymore money. Well, let's see if that happens...

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Listen, WCF doesn't give one crap about Detroiters, blue collar workers or Lions fans.

This total incompetent, bourgeoisie aristocrat has been sticking it to the working man, absolutely screwing his own employees that are Lions fans for years.

He probably laughs his ass off at how stupid people are to keep watching, and paying to follow this team, when he has run it into the ground against all odds for 40 years (NFL Parity).

This move just takes the heat off of Ford. He would have to be mentally retarded (I have not ruled this out yet) to not realize that Millen was an epic failure that will be part of NFL legend, and his greater NFL legend of being the worst NFL owner in league history.

Either this guy couldn't manage a sandwich out of a lunchbox, or he's screwed Lions fans for years in some sick demented game of "maybe next season".

There is no middle ground on this.

Whew, that was a long time coming.

11. Darth Tater

If you read some of the history on the Ford family, including Henry, you'll no doubt despise them even more.

Not good people, IMO.

12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Henry liked the ladies and paid them. What did WCF like about Millen? :stirthepot:

13. jammertime

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

The Ford family may well be the worst ownership in all of sports.

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

The Fords will claim Alzheimer's after WCF kicks off :football:

15. Darth Tater

Yeah, ignorance and the Ford name have gone hand in hand for a long time.

In 1938, after the Nazis rose to power, Ford received a special birthday present from Hitler. The Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle (Grosskreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens) was the highest honor the Reich could bestow on a foreigner. On Henry's 75th birthday, two representatives of the German government came to his office in Dearborn, Michigan and presented him the medal. It was accompanied by a personal greeting from Hitler himself.

Ford proudly accepted the honor, and never relinquished it. Not after Germany started World War II, not after America was attacked by Japan, not even after the depravities of the Holocaust were revealed. Throughout the war, Jewish groups had unsuccessfully urged Ford to return his medal, as the head of IBM had done. Ford had a better idea. He decided they would have to pry it from his cold, dead, Jew-hating hands.

16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I must be an absolute loser. Why in the world am I feeling excited about the Lions again? I am sick.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't know that.

18. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Bought one a home on Belleville Lake also. If you're ever there, you'll see a turn of the century boat storage building made of brick and stone, right on the water. Same style building is located back at the old Ford house in Dearborn.

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You didn't know Buckeyes was an absolute loser? Where have you been? :pound:

20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound:Ooh, good one!