Ford Says Millen should leave team!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by jammertime, Sep 22, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Let's be fair about the Fords. FMC was one of the first large industries to give blacks good paying jobs.
    And they paid their way out of the useless SilverDome contract.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Just because the hatred is not spread evenly across the board does not mean that what I posted was unfair in any way. It was factual. It is for the individual to decide whether or not it's OK.

But fair, it was.

Anyhow, I'm done with it...

Have a nice day.

:hoops:
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Just because Hitler was smoozhing any and all powerful Americans. Doesn't mean Ford was a hater period.
    -
    So far everything I've heard is circumstantial, as far as hating Jews.
  4. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

If Ford doesn't hate people, then why did he buy the Lions? And why does he give lemons to so many people?
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Though we share a common dislike of Ford ownership of the Lions, I would appreciate a link to the FMC 'lemon' data. Ya know...something current and not 10 years old :)
  6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

What in the world? Since when did we start posting factual stuff around here?
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buck it's called "planned obsolescence", the lemons anyway.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're under no obligation to post the truth.

Btw, I own a Ford and it stinks.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

What year and what stinks? btw...you're under no obligation to post the truth :sssh:
  10. roscoe36

99 F150

Electrical system has ghosts. When it is humid, the windshield wipers arbitrarily go off. So during the summer, in sweltering heat, I am driving around with the wipers rubbing dry across the glass, unable to turn them off.

Truck was shocking me pretty good for about 2 years. Stock radio drains the battery unless I leave a CD in it. Otherwise the CD load motor spins nonstop.

Hubcaps wont go back on if you take them off. They just won't seat properly again, even the dealer can't get them to keep from popping off.

The brakes need to be redone all of the time. I've got about 100k on it, and I've had the breaks done, 7 times?
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

Thanks for the detailed reply :)

Sorry...I forgot to ask another important question...are you the original owner or do you know the vehicle's history since it left the dealer lot?
  12. roscoe36

Original. There's more, and the local dealer is terribly incompetent.

I think Mustangs are cool, but I would never buy a Ford.

Maybe a Chrysler.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm a GM guy myself.

Electrical issues suck because they're often difficult to diagnose.

As for the brakes...7 times? Sounds like a caliper problem your dealer should have dealt with when it was still under warranty. Do the pads wear out evenly? For comparison, I have over 50,000 miles on my 04 Envoy XL and the original pads still have a lot of wear left.

In any event, you have a 9-10 year old vehicle that does not accurately represent the level of quality built into later model Fords after adopting QS9000. The Big 3 have jumped through hoops to up their quality numbers and they've succeeded...it's just that public perception hasn't caught up.

Here's a good column by Christopher Sawyer, editor of Automotive Design and Production
    Column: Dudder - Skeptics Welcome - 09/08
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dude. That's a bad truck.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I'd be surprised if the Fords sold the team. Really surprised. The NFL is a gravy train with all the revenue-sharing. If you own one company that isn't making money and one company that is, you might want to keep the company that is making money to offset losses from the one that isn't.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Mrs. Linwood had a 1999 Merc. Cougar that needed new brake rotors at 40,000 miles. The rotors were cracked in several places and could not be turned. We had the car for about 4 years, and probably spent close to $5,000 dollars on repairs.

It's too bad, because the car was very nice except for it's quality issues. Powerful, fuel efficient, excellent handling, etc. The engineers did a great job... just seemed like the parts quality was very low.

The Lions, on the other hand, seem to suffer from poor engineering AND poor parts quality.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

All those problems with Rosc truck started after he hosed down the interior to clean out all the goose poop.
    And the brakes, you know he was riding them until they smoked.
    I wonder if he's ever changed the oil.<['.~[]=
  18. roscoe36

The truck is maintained regularly. At around 100k, I just had to do my 3rd or 4th re-alignment, one of the tierods was shot.

One time, I lent it to a relative, and he hit a pothole, and the whole front axle fell off. Sure I haven driven it hard at times, but not that hard.

This truck is the ultimate Ford lemon.

I could go on and on.
  19. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Yes, the quality has gotten much better for Ford vehicles as well as the rest of the big 3 the last 5 or 6 years. Better manufacturing processes are used as well as more testing to ensure durablity. The days of just cranking out cars just to crank them out are over with.
  20. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Roscoe, I figure you got a weekend Truck---built on the weekend as the old factory guys would know.

Now I've had 4 Rangers that I literally 3 of them beat to a pulp with 200k miles on them. My 2001 had a bad engine to begin with, but I replaced it and it's still running strong. I use it as a backup for my mail delivery job.

Btw, anyone notice that since 2001 when Millen was hired, that Ford Jr about had the same lousy record with Ford? and he was let go?