free darko

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Nov 29, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

himat

Link didn't work

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

read my post above i just edited it. (the link won't work here for some reason and you'll have to cut and paste it.)

4. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

7. max

max All-Star

That statement says a lot. I wonder, if given the chance, if Darko would jump on any kind of trade ( even to Toronto or Atlanta ) just to play more.

5 minutes in the 2nd quarter every other game is not exactly a breakout season. But it is a long season so things may change. But how? How is Darko ever going to get meaningfull time until be beats out one of the Wallace's or Dyess? Near impossible task for any young player.

8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This excuse is getting boring- Bosh would beat Dyess out easily. Wade would have gotten his spot, thouh he'd had Billups and Hamilton in front of him.
    It's time to stop these excuses- Dyess is not the same as he was before and a young, talented and big #2 pick should be able to prove he's better.
    Still, you have to consider he has the Darko bonus- Saunders probably already plays him more than Darko has earned.

9. max

max All-Star

Hope

Dyess is a tough guy to replace. LB used to say that he saw no significant dropoff when Dyess came if for one of the Wallace's. Flip calls Dyess his 6th starter. He is off to a slow start but that will change. Almost any other team would be starting Dyess.

The main hope I have in Darko is the fact that Dumars has not traded him . Shows that he still sees some potential there. Sure Dumars has made mistakes but he has also been very quick to correct them. If he thought Darko was a bust then Darko would have been out of here in the summer of 2004.

Darko does have an opening as the teams only 7'er. He has the opportunity to bring a different dimension to the team. Its up to him how he wants to play it. Maybe by mid-season they will start running some plays for Darko. Its tough to get a read when Darko is not even in the playbook. Darko is so deep in the plays that Arroyo does not even bother to look in his direction. Tough to evaluate a guy when all we see is 5 or so mins of that.

10. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

From today's truehoop.com: