Game 3 Bucks Loss

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 29, 2006.

?

Who was the biggest culprit in the Game 3 Bucks loss?

1. Chauncey Billups

22.6%
  2. Rip Hamilton

16.1%
  3. Tayshaun Prince

32.3%
  4. Rasheed Wallace

3.2%
  5. Ben Wallace

29.0%
  6. Tony Delk

3.2%
  7. Mo Evans

6.5%
  8. Flip Saunders

16.1%
  9. Hallway Coach

19.4%
  10. Darko

29.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not that they lost, but that they got absolutely shelled by an inferior team. That they didn't come back when the Bradley Center was chanting 'Detroit Sucks" and "Overrated". That they basically rolled over after halftime and said "Hey Coach Lowe, where is the bus parked?"

So who do you pin this absolutely embarassing loss on?

Multiple Choice, I excluded Dice and Hunter because they played well by almost any measure.
  2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I voted for Rip, Tayshaun, Ben, Flip, and of course.... Darko.

They are all to be blamed though...
    Chauncey- Bad decisions. No D on Ford/Williams. Bricking all of the wide open momentum shots. MUST call Sheed's number in the post more often.
    Rip- Awful game overall. Bad shots. No Defense on Redd. Flagrant foul to top it off.
    Tayshaun- Self explanatory. I don't know why he takes jumpshots. Total momentum killers when he does his little "one-on-one shake and bake pull-up". Also got lit up by Simmons, Redd, and Kukoc.
    Sheed- Needed to go into the post immediately when the Bucks jumped to a 7-10 point lead. This is the biggest thing. They start trying to bomb away when they get down more than 5 points.
    Ben- He must have missed the team bus because he wasn't there. He is our energy and our defensive presence. The 2 biggest things we were missing.
    Flip- Horrible coaching. GO INSIDE TO SHEED you dumbass!! When the other team gets on a little run he NEEDS to pull in the reigns on this "free-flow" offense and run some plays to go inside. Clearly Chauncey isn't calling the inside number, so he needs to do his damn job and tell them what to run. Ben getting 1 shot against a crap defense is awful, and waiting untill we got down 25 points to go to Sheed is equally as stupid. Long shots = long rebounds = easy points for the Bucks. The defense clearly needs adjusting. I think that is mostly effort though.

SUMMARY: Give the damn ball to Sheed in the post, and play some DEFENSE.
  3. roscoe36

So far, Darko and Tayshaun are the leading causes of this loss with 5 votes a piece. Way to show solidarity people. It brings a tear to my eye.

The sad thing FP, is that I think Flip is trying to and Mr. Big Head is flat out ignoring him.
  4. max

max All-Star

I don't know if Chauncey is ignoring the coach. Thats a strong alegation. But he is the leader of the "we can take a night off and win " club. Pistons never learn. They always do this.

5 boards for Ben. He managed a block somehow but the no-fly zone was wide open and unpatrolled that game.
  5. roscoe36

Max, if CB is not ignoring the coach, is he perhaps too {insert negative adjective here} to understand what wins and what does not?

I don't see Flip rah-rah'ing the 3s. He was critical after the first two games that the Pistons were taking the easy shots and not working the offense. Is he telling his team one thing and everyone else another?

I was a Flip doubter, but now I am a believer. How soon we forget how CB wasted clutch posessions in Game 7 of the Finals, trying to hit homeruns instead of sticking to the game plan. That certainly was not a "big shot" moment.

CB can be great, or he can be lousy. And for the last half of the season, he had a lot of mediocore outings, and still manages at least once every two games to play some garbage "me" possessions on offense. Don't even get me started on how he never takes a charge or commits a hard foul. How he doesn't finish if he gets contact.

Maybe he is the MVP, because when he plays bad, we lose.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:( What a crappy day for our teams! (Well, the Tigers won 18-1, but the Lions, Pistons, and Wings all messed up).
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Like Darth, I hadn't thought about it before either. But now that you mention it, you're right!

I think that of all the Pistons, CB is the most nonchalant. Sometimes its a good thing. He stays cool under pressure, running the offence and sinking clutch shots and free throws. But other times it can cost us a game against an inferior opponent - like tonight.

My biggest complaint with the Pistons the past 3 seasons is their inability to put teams away. Granted this has been the best season of the 3, but they've still let inferior teams hang around too long when they could go for the knock out and get the bench some PT.

That's exactly why I didn't expect a sweep and why I've had a very hard time getting excited about the 1st round. I expected Redd to steal a game for the Bucks, but this was a bit much.
  8. max

max All-Star

Micro - Flip gives Billups a lot of freedom and encourages him to shoot a lot more than LB did. Not sure as to what extent Flip was trying to call plays that were being ignored. Heck the whole team was standing around - no passing. Dribble one pass and shoot.

The way I see and this is going back for the past few seasons. C is the leader of this team. Ben has veto power and when Ben wants to knock some heads around all listen but on a gamely basis C sets the tone for the entire team.

So when C comes out with that "We already won this series " lackluster attitude it seems to trickle down and infect the entire team. - That was one of those games. The Team believed the hype and thought all they had to do was show up and the series would be 3-0. We are not the Jordan Bulls, never have been and never will be. Pistons have to play hard to win.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They just want to win the series at home.
    A road win and a home win and it's ohva.
    Don't even trip.
    As for the Wings, trip.
  10. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

We need a poll? The Pistons have been pulling this crap for years.
  11. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

C'mon guys you know we don't sweep guys in the playoffs............

We play them. We win.

But no sweeping.

We win but no sweeps.

It's always been our MO, make it difficult for ourselves. Make it challenging. But in the END we will be holding that trophy
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I opted for Rip, who in hindsight, should have been put on the inactive list for game 2 for the ankle to get better. He's playing like someone with a bad wheel - can't stay in front of anyone, and can't elevate to shoot the ball. And now there is one day's rest and another game. In the finals or in a close series he should have played. In an 8-1 matchup he should have sit.

Lots of blame to go around though. No defense = 70% Bucks shooting for most of the game = no boards = blowout. Biggest opponent scoring game of the year. Tay looked lost most of the game and things ran better with Hunter than Billups.

What can you say? Put it in the books and move on. Shut the Bucks down tomorrow night, finish it up at home, and get well while waiting for the Wiz to close out the Cavs.
  13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Totally pathetic. I really do think the pistons need adversity a lot of times in order to get that engine cranking. They looked totally lost. With a team such as the pistons this debacle should never, ever happen.

If these guys had on heat uniforms last night instead of bucks, we would have won hands down.

We continue to not get up for the underdogs, or lower tier teams. This will eventually become our demise if we are not careful.
  14. roscoe36

That's the most points a Detroit team has given up in playoff regulation time since 1986. SA twice in the 05 Finals, NJ in the 03 ECF, are the only times this Pistons squad has been beaten by that much or more.

It's embarassing. Sure win by 1, win by 50 it's a W, but still, that was embarassing how these guys basically threw an entire game away after preaching all season that it's about the playoffs.

We all hope so. That is the worst opponent we have ever dropped that much to in the playoffs since Zeke was drafted. There was ZERO Detroit pride on display last night.
  15. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

I think that it was bad defense on our part. Also, the Bucks played a near-perfect game, 60+% from 3, 124 points. 50 bench points. Thats all you need. The defense needs to tighten up.

Those idiots on NBA on ABC were questioning whether the Pistons were an elite defensive team after that loss. These guys are morons, who judge after one game. WAtch us hold them under 80 and all the sudden they think we are the best defensive team in history. People like that piss me off.
  16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Had to go with Mo. Did he play that badly? No, but somehow(money, sex, drugs, who knows), he convinced Flip to play him over Delfino as the backup 3. Well, he can't play the backup 3 in the playoffs, so Flip is stuck playing Tay ridiculous minutes, Tay gets tired, sucks up the place, and the rest is history.
  17. max

max All-Star

I agree, Pistons never learn. Always need a wake up call.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and apparently you haven't been watching the playoffs. mo's played great in his limited minutes.
  19. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

And there's simply no way Tay can be tired after all these days off, three games into the first round.
  20. roscoe36

Agreed. It's hard to be tired when you mail it in.

And that is why we needed a poll. :nod: