Game 3 Bucks Loss

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 29, 2006.

?

Who was the biggest culprit in the Game 3 Bucks loss?

1. Chauncey Billups

22.6%
  2. Rip Hamilton

16.1%
  3. Tayshaun Prince

32.3%
  4. Rasheed Wallace

3.2%
  5. Ben Wallace

29.0%
  6. Tony Delk

3.2%
  7. Mo Evans

6.5%
  8. Flip Saunders

16.1%
  9. Hallway Coach

19.4%
  10. Darko

29.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

My sentiments exactly. We probably will win the championship, if we do, I for one think we need to make changes in the starting line up. Too much holier than thou stuff going on right now. Arrogance is becoming so pervasive they can't see the forest for the trees, "we can beat anyone on any given night", "if we chose to". "Lets lose one, this will be our motivation to go out the next night and win one", CB I want to be MVP, has a hidden agenda mentality.

I also think that Ben gives up playing that stellar defense when the team gets into that don't give a __________ mentality. You can see it written all over his face.

2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Win or lose we have to start looking down the road. I will go out on a limb and say this: If the Pistons are going to become a dynasty, we will not become one with this current group.

I will go on record with the above statement. We need to add players who are hungry to win a championship and that hunger is the motor that drives them to play hard and as a team.

Do it Joe D.

3. max

max All-Star

This does seem like overreacting to one loss. Lets see how this plays out. If the Pistons win the Finals then they are doing something right that no other team was able to do. And that would make it 3 straight finals apperances with 2 wins.

One thing - Pistons are getting older. At the start of next season The Wallaces/Dyess will be 32 and Billups will be 31. So we only have this post-season and possibly 2 more at a realistic shot at the title.

Team is getting older. Back in 04 everyone was under 30 and we had Okur and Darko. Now its a veteran team.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think of it in two ways. A dynasty requires keeping a very high level of talent on the floor year after year.

- Counting the whole team, without new blood, we would have to believe that some combination of the rooks, Delfino, Evans, and Delk can fill one or two starter spots over the next few years. (Guys get hurt, contracts don't quite work out, etc., etc.) If you don't see that happening, then JoeD needs to bring some players in.

- Looking at just the starters for the next year or two, I partly agree. The team doesn't become a dynasty with this five playing the way they played this year. Some one or maybe two will have to elevate their game another notch. Rip could do it, and seems the most likely to me. CB could do it, but I don't really like the notion that your go-to is your point. I'd like to think Tay could do it, but I haven't seen that drive to improve this season. Ben is peaking (sliding?) and I suspect Sheed doesn't have another gear.

5. max

max All-Star

How can you do that with the current starting 5 and Dyess? Young guys never get a chance, at least not enough of one to make a difference.

At some point Dumars will have to pull a trade in order to bring in some talent. But when do you do that?

If they do win it all this year then how can Dumars trade any of the 6?

Pistons situation is unique with such a solid 6 player core.

6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I think Dumars has shown that he is willing to make whatever changes he thinks will help the team. Fans would be shocked, but I think it's entirely possible that he will break up the big 6 this summer, championship or not. If he does, he'll say, "(ex-Piston) is a great guy, a talented player, and helped us win (1 or 2) titles, but we had an opportunity to improve the team." Simple as that.