Game 6 of the Conference Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Dec 30, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OK we've discussed how to unrealistically and realistically improve this team. Most of the ideas people have are nothing more than lateral moves and Joe is adamant about working for a championship, so my question is how do we get there.

In my mind I think about Game 6 of the ECF's. In game 6 you are either up 3-2 or down 3-2, you either have to force a game 7- where anything can happen, or close a team out- which is very difficult. In game 6 you need a great player to be even better, you need a good player to exceed all expectations.

So who, who do we have and who do we need to be able to get to and win a Game 6 of the ECF's?

I see 3 Stuckey, Bengo and JJ.

Deep in the playoffs in the 4th qtr, you are not going to get easy looks at the basket, it just doesn't happen, you need a player or 2 that make a tough shot with the defense hanging all over him, for us that player is Ben Gordon. Rip and Tay have proven over and over again that they are not that type of player.

Deep in the playoffs you need that avg player to make some above avg plays. These are the players that defense concedes shots to, they cheat off of him, in Orl last year it was Pietrus, in LA it was Ariza, in Miami it's Haslem, in Boston it's Rondo, on several teams it's been Robert Horry, in Detroit.......it's Jonas Jerrebko.

Then there is the guy that has to be able to get to the basket, and create his own shot. Last year in Orl it was Hedo, in LA it's obvious, in Boston it's Pierce, in SA it's Manu AND Parker, in Miami it's Wade.....in Detroit it's.....Rodney Stuckey????? :help: