1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

GET THESE 2 GUYS =CHAMPIONSHIP 2007-08

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Prophecy Revealed, Jun 18, 2007.

?

Hill and G.Wallace to Pistons

Poll closed Jul 2, 2007.
  1. Agree

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Disagree

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

no comment. :sssh:

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

random thoughts here on this subject matter

I don't think it is an automatic championship unless there is one more big man other than what we got who will start. In otherwords pick a big man at 15 that can start right away...it happens sometimes....

Resign CB, start G Wallace and have Tay and Hill coming off the bench. Hill can play the point better than anyone else we have had to back up CB in the past couple of years...In fact even with Hill's injury prone body, I think he is more valuable than J Rose.

How about trading Tay to the Bulls for Big Ben and then we could have an all Wallace front court...:pound: Wallacex3

Wait a minute.. how are we supposed to get Gerald Wallace?? is he a FA?

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

G.Wallace - Yes. Bring on Wallace x2 v2 baby!

G.Hill - No. I want nothing to do with him. Does he really want anything to do with the Pistons? Doesn't he hold a grudge against the organization or something? Blaming them for his injuries?

J.Rose - Yes. Cheap experienced SG/SF off the bench to replace Delfino. Less injury prone than Hill.

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

G. Wallace in my opinion is too much of a Me first player and not good enough to warrant that attitude.

Mr. Softy brings back too many bad memories of bad Piston teams that he was supposed to take to the next level but could never get past, if I recall correctly, the first round, like has never managed to get the Magic past the first round in all of his years there.

:hoops:

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

In what way??

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

A center. No more 2 PF's. This team has tried doing that for too long. Sheed, Ben, Dice, and Webber are all PF's.

7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    At the same time, how many quality true centers are there in the league? I think things have shiften somewhat to playing 2 PF.

8. mikhail1973

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I really like Wallace as a Piston, the idea anyway.

10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Wallace opting out...Wow!!! This is the slasher that pistons need. Testing the myth waters and a draft choice should get it done. I would push him hard that he should stay in the East where he has had great success.

11. LA Dre

Word> but will Tay be Ok with coming off the bench or should we allow the Cats to do a S & T with Wallace and send him to the Pistons with Brevin Knight and we send them Tay and Flip jr.??? :sssh:

12. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Disagree.

Wallace is to much "I"

Hill is way too old, too slow and too soft. His rebounding has become almost non-existent. I really do feel for the guy. He could have been one of the top 100 if not top 50 all time for sure, if not for his injuries.

:hoops:

13. iamthefuj

iamthefuj Second Round Draft Pick

This is what I see Grant Hill does for us...and the only reason I would support bringing him in. The team lacks quality depth at every position except PF. Putting Hill in as a SF backup for this year allows us to focus on filling needs at PG, SG, and C. (Assuming Amir splits time between SF and PF)

He put up solid numbers for Orlando and I think he has 1-2 years left in him. With Grant in the rotation, we can wait until next year to find Tay a true backup prospect.

If we had Hill, I'd be comfortable taking Stuckey at #15 and best available big at #27. Resigning Chauncey and CWebb (hopefully for minimum) gives us the following without any other moves:

CWebb/Nazr/#27
    Sheed/Max/Dyess/Amir
    Tay/Amir/Hill
    Rip/Stuckey/Hill
    Chauncey/Stuckey/Hill

That's a 12 man rotation, which may be too much, but it's damn solid. We don't even have to play Murray in this scenario. Acker, Blalock, Samb, and Dupree are the other guys under contract. I'd say bring in Acker and stash the others and the #57 somewhere (we'll see how Cheick does in the summer league). Gerald Wallace is great but will be expensive. We're not gonna have much money to throw around once Chauncey and Amir are resigned.

14. mikhail1973

That still doesn't give as an adequate PG backup. The book is still open on Stuckey's PG skills.

15. iamthefuj

But it gives us a contingency plan. If Stuckey ends up only working out at SG, someone's gonna have to play the point when he's on the floor. Hill is still a great decision maker and sure with the ball in his hands. If we have to play Chauncey alongside Stuckey in order for him to be effective, that defeats the whole purpose of having him (Chauncey doesn't rest). I'd much rather have Hill as a last resort backup PG than Flip. I'm done with Flip.

I would still give Stuckey every opportunity to develop as a PG though. Only if it's 2/3 into the season and it's obvious he's a SG do I see the other scenario.

16. LA Dre

I too would rather see Hill as our backup pg than Flip jr or old man Hunter

17. mikhail1973

I'd rather see him too. But he'd be a liability on D against the speedier PG. And he's not a natural PG, so there will be a dropoff on the O as well. Methinks we need a real PG so that when bench comes in O doesn't disappear.

18. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

If Acie Law drops down where the Pistons can grab him with the 15th I think they should grab him. The Clippers are the worlds worst team at picking draft picks and one blog today has them taking Jarvis Crittenden with their 14th pick so good for them. The Pistons future will be looking a little brighter with a player of Law's caliber in the stable.

19. LA Dre

The Clippers are looking at Crittenden because they expect the two best PG's > Conley and Law to be gone before their 14th pick.

Crittenden is a big guard and is rated ahead of Rodney Stuckey on some draft charts and behind him on others. According to some of the beat writers hanging around the "gahden" today, Stuckey thinks his new home is Auburn Hills if all goes to plan.

If the Hawks/T-wolves/Suns trade goes thru, then we may see Law still available,....but probably the Clips will wise up and take him leaving us one pick short such as the case in 1998 when the Celtics took Paul Pierce at 10 and we took Bonzi Wells at 11:doh: . (Some foreigner named Nowitzki was the 9th pick).

20. iamthefuj

That's how I see it playing out. We'll have a shot at either Stuckey or Crittendon. Javaris has a ton of upside, but we need a serviceable backup pg or a scoring punch at #15. I feel like he's just too far away for this team (probably 2-3 seasons before he really makes an impact anywhere). Stuckey may be the best to fill both roles right now.

Of course, if one of the better scorers is available (ie. Wright, Thornton, or Nick Young), that might be where we should go. We could then fill the PG role w/the #27 pick. But odds are looking like Stuckey is the most talent we're going to see at the 15th. He just might be able to play the point well enough too.