Good Luck Darko in Orlando

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 15, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

English your 4th language?
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ah, doesn't BBen actually have something to say about who's messing with is boards? I mean Sheed doesn't even go there.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah because ben, the one pistons who completely embodies what the team and franchise is about, really seems like the type to say 'no one else go for rebounds, even if it'll help the team, because i want that rebounding title' ...
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

OK Warts, BBen aint selfish. This has always been his job. Are we changing midstream here or what?
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pretty ironic to see Ben discussion hijack a Darko thread. Maybe the healing process has begun.
  6. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Good point, roscoe36
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah i know usually darko stole the threads.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

healing? Do you need healing when you take out the trash? You don't need to heal...you just need a bath.

I like what our rooks have brought to the NBDL. In one word...winning. there are a lot of really talented guys out there who can't translate that into winning...or even winning a championship. We don't need those guys.
  9. lazyberbs

Did you lose another bet, slippy??
  10. Slippy

No Lazy, this is different. If Darko didn't want to win with us, he can lose with someone else. Micro and Linwood already expressed how I felt. Except for the part about playing for a max contract; I don't agree with that.

My sole purpose in supporting Darko was seeing him turn into a contributor to this team. I believed he could have done that. I guess that was a pipe dream.

Its funny, I got started following and posting in forums to talk about Darko. I like reading your posts about how darko is doing down there in orlando. It brings a good, positive viewpoint. Unfortunately, I'm disappointed with how things shook out and have been transformed into a hater. I'm sure he'll do good but how does that help us.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Quite simply, it does not help the Pistons one bit. It actually hurts this Pistons, which is why there are not many people around here rooting for Darko to be great, or following his every footstep.

Win, lose or trade, at the end of the day, this is a Pistons forum, we are Pistons fans and this is about the Red, White and Blue. Not about some guy with an NBA shelf life of 15 years. And certainly not when he plays for an opponent in our conference and his success ties directly to the draft pick we received in trade.
  12. Slippy

Luckily we're not about the Teal and black. honestly though, that flaming mustang made a nice tie motif.
  13. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

I'm not a hater, but my gut tells me he will never be a great player. Something about his attitude -- his lack of enthusiasm, drive, and passion -- more than defects in talent. A number of Darko's supporters here acknowledge the attitude problem while he was in Detroit, but think it was just temporary (and even justified), and that it will resolve itself in Orlando as he is given more playing time. I am doubtful that serious problems with one's mental approach to the game can be cured that simply.

For a rather negative take on Darko's play in the Utah game the other night, see http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5388484 The writer says, bluntly, "He was not aggressive in any aspect of the game and, indeed, never worked particularly hard. This is the most puzzling and maddening of his deficiencies."
  14. lazyberbs

slippy, amazing but that's pretty much why I started posting, too. I was saying these things and noone was listening, and then I found the forum for the DetNews. This one was not organized yet at that time.

I had decided I was not going to post anymore about Darko's exploits in Orlando any more because they seemed to be just causing problems. I even dropped my Darko picture.

At any rate, I will go over to Orlando Saturday night and see them play and then, on the following Wednesday, I will be starting north and will see the rest of the Pistons games at home.

Be good to get back into the flow.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thinking out loud...
    If Darko's not the problem in Orlando.... and Arroyo's not the problem.... Howard's not the problem.... Hill's.... then what's the problem with the Magic?... they were a just a few games below .500 before our gr8 players arrived ... and 1-8 afterwards???
  16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Team defense.

Orlando was defending well as a team but have tapered off considerably since our boys have arrived. I think it has more to do with trying to integrate so many moving pieces. Dooling, Hill, and Nelson have been in and out with injuries all year. Then, all of the trades. Truthfully, the only stable piece has been Howard. They need time to build some chemistry. Look for a nice streak as the season comes to an end.
  17. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

are you kidden me man? give me a brake mercury my freind the magic were 19-32 before darko showed up is that really just a few games below 500? they had lost 6 in a row and 10 out of 11 pre-darko. they have been playen competive in most games since darkos arrival even if the resaults are not there yet.
  18. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

no they were doing horibly as i pointed out in my last post
  19. Slippy

Indubitastically, if any gripe can be made against the new guys in Orlando is that they haven't brought wins. Darko and Arroyo are peices of a new magic team...not the saviors of this season.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

They were 13 below .500
    they are now 20 below .500
    What's the trend?
    Worse now than before the trade.

I will say that Dooling is definately not a PG... he's selfish and mistake prone... but they had Dooling before.

So back to the original question... what's wrong with Orlando