Good Luck Darko in Orlando

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 15, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darko watching is like the guy whose old lady leaves him, and he keeps tabs on who she is having dinner with, and asks mutual friends what she is up to.

Time to move on folks. He ain't coming back, and even if it was a bad move we have to live with the consequences. Life goes on post-Darko for Pistons fans.
  2. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

there isnt anything wrong with darkowachen its a fun passtime.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

obviously, for you...

since you've made a career out of it. :)
  4. DarkoWatcher

exactly, MotownPride its a great career/passtime.

by the way i just completed a very indepth analisis of darkos performince versus the performinces of ben wallace and andrew bogut. the shocking conclution is that darko has outplayed the other two even thoagh he is very new to the magic and has bearly played in his three seasens in the leegue:
    DarkoRules blog entry.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice job Watcher, but all that does is make me hate him more.

I know that he wasn't given many opportunities in the D, but he was given some, and he failed to do anything with the few chances he had.

Knowing now that he has the ability to perform with energy and desire just makes me even more bitter than I already am. :frusty:
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

who did you get to write that for you?

an interesting comparison but the conclusion drawn from the numbers used is silly at best.
  7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i don't see anything wrong with the conclusion. darko is proving that he more than just belongs in this league. he is proving that in a few years he will be a dominant big man. orlando is giving him the playing time and he is responding. just think how good he'll be in a few years with consistent minutes. we won't need 48 minute stats to see whether he is better than ben or bogut. i think your loyalty to ben is clouding your eyes. he is on the decline darko is on the incline. we should have kept darko.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yer right, we should have traded ben to orlando and kept darko. i can't believe no one has made you an NBA GM yet! what am i smoking to want to keep the best defensive player in the league in the prime of his career over darko. i mean, it's inevitable that darko will be better than jordan and i can't believe i didn't see it until now!

thank you for enlightening me with your infinite wisdom. i'd go on but i have to go hurry and buy my darko orlando jersey before they sell out.
  9. DarkoWatcher

now your the one being silly mr warthog. they can always run off more darko jerseys if they sell out.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Darko and Arroyo finally had bad games tonight. 0 points and 4 to's combined.

On the other hand, DM only played 12 minutes and didn't attempt a shot. 3 blocks + 3 rebounds, but he really should have had 3 more boards that he just plain bobbled. And he had a horrible turnover than got him yanked from the game and benched for the night.

Arroyo was off and kept taking bad pull up jumpers on the break.

Watching a few of the Magic games really highlights how cohesive the Pistons are on D. It's easy to take for granted when you only watch them.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

For what I've seen in Detroit and what I've read from the magic forums as I don't follow magic games all that closely is that Darko makes some great blocks but just as often screws up on his positioning. What was neat was watching him shadow guards. He's got great agility. What was dumb was that he was overplaying the rotation. Now he's out of position.
  12. max

max All-Star

I am not at all convinced that he will ever be a dominant player. He really is looking more and more like Shawn Bradley everyday. Great shot blocker but thats about it.

As the games have been rolling by he is losing more and more mins. Over the summer they probably will use their pick on another PF/C.

What about Arroyo? He was aiming to be a starter in Orlando. Down to 14 mins last night.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BHill is free to look at rots. this year. Next season he will have to tighten it up to 7 or 8 and try and get some consistancy.
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

16. bball jay

anybody else notice that the only time this major writers write an article about darko it's after one of his bad games??
  17. bball jay

he's already a better outside shooter than bradley and a better passer.
    he's looking more and more like sheed to me everyday. a great inside outside player that isn't the best rebounder cause he plays next to a dominant rebounder and his game is more outside.
    darko is playing behind a stud in d. howard. b. hill doesn't play them both on the floor often for some reason. his minutes fluctuate but everyone in orlando beside b. hill are calling for more minutes. b. hill said he doesn't play darko a lot because of conditioning from rotting on the bench for 2.5 years.

arroyo is also playing behind a young stud in j. nelson. j nelson comes back and arroyo's minutes go down. it's not a coincedence. i have a feeling carlos won't be there next year. he doesn't like his role on the team and jacks up shots when he's in there.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Rather than cry into our cheerios we should look at the reality of retaining DMC.... no matter how you look at it he wasn't gonna start. One more year and he'd be going to a team that could promise him starter type minutes.
    So we got something in return while there was still the possibility.

Anyone think we could have kept him and paid what he would ask for?
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, that's an obvious lie by Coach Hill, because Darko played Summer League (where he looked rusty) and then the Eurobasket tournament, then Pre-season, and minor parts of this season. The previous 2 years do not count at all.

There is no way his conditioning is that bad. Look at Amir Johnson. He's played less than Darko since last June and within 5 games he's become a starter in Fayetteville pulling down all the minutes he can handle.

Nope. And where would the asking stop? Look what Cornstein got for Dalembert. Darko at $10 million as a 22 year old? Joe ain't gunna do that.
  20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

man, so when has arroyo ever LIKED his role on a team? looks like when he joined the pistons - had some good games, everyone was impressed with his flashy passes, saying he'd become the new starter, and then bam he stops impressing.

as for darko, it is a bit curious about his conditioning, and b.hill saying he can't play that many minutes...i mean he's just a kid. i still have boundless energy at 24 years old. ben said he was hardly ever in the weight room either - so what else was he doing all the time? i always joke w/my buddy that i want to get on a soap opera - those skinny new guys become ripped within 6 months because what else is there to do? if darko worked at it he coulda been ripped beyond belief and subject to bill walton talking about his sculpted biceps! :D