Good Luck Darko in Orlando

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Re: Good Luck Darko

i have to disagree with you. i think darko is a tard and expected the easy life when he came to america and got his guaranteed lottery pick money. he was routinely spotted at local bars drinking and living it up (not even legal to drink), and complained about not getting time when he was a wussy in games. how many times did you hear about darko getting to practice early and staying late? not once. yet all you hear from acker, johnson, and maxiel is that they are gym rats and constantly trying to improve themselves. they have pistons DNA, and it looks like after the darko debacle, joe's learned to draft players with that same attitude.

i think darko has a lot of skills and can flourish in the right system eventually, but one thing he is not, is a Detroit Piston, and truthfully he never was. he has no clue what that means and i'm glad he's gone.
  2. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, causing some poor schlub to risk his life bringing it to you. :laugh:

Couldn't agree more. Would have made more sense to let some other team develope him and then trade for him.

I think they'll be happy by the end of the season. Next season, for sure. :fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr
  3. Caliban

Did you see that fabulous touch pass to ???? a week or two ago? The way he broke down the floor and sized up the situation? Did you see the steal and pass to Amir for his first basket? Not to devalue Amir's effort, but Darko's was superior, yet all the accolades were for Amir. Come on, now. Darko was down because of the situation and the way he was treated. Keep watching. The truth will be revealed and set you free. As for the drinking, these stories sound a little suspect, like the 10 pack a day cigarette habit; everyone knows Darko's age, and I don't think a legion of bar owner's would jeopardize their licenses so readily.

Heard it many times. In fact Chauncey was just on tv, saying what a hard worker Darko is.

He had a clue alright. He didn't want to sit. He wanted to play. That's what A Real Detroit Piston would want. He'll always be a Detroit Piston in spirit. 'Cause he gonna haunt us a long, long time.

That's it for tonight. I have to solve the meaning of existence before I go to bed.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this isn't a picture at the bar, and there's no proof that this was alcohol, but i thought it was kinda funny :)

[​IMG]

a real detroit piston would work to earn his playing time, darko didn't.
    a real detroit piston would try his hardest when he got playing time, darko didn't.
    a real detroit piston wouldn't complain about his playing time, but darko did.
    a real detroit piston wouldn't feel entitled to minutes, but darko did.
  5. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

a real piston would never have to earn his playing time in GT, darko did.
    a real piston would never need to try his hardest in GT, darko did.
    a real piston wouldn't want to complain about PT, because they aren't darko or chucky atkins.
    a real detroit piston wouldn't feel entitled to minutes... like who? If you don't feel entitled to minutes you must really hate yourself.

Either way Darko isn't a real piston. Sadly if we keep treating our young players like Darko, they won't be real pistons either.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wasted.
  7. Caliban

Any guy who hasn't been drunk when he's 18 is un-American, un-Serbian, un-common, and unballed.:nod:
  8. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

I look like that in just about every picture. My eyes are always partially closed do to the flash. Why the heck is the other guys' face blurred out?
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Darko usually makes him wear a bag over his face. I guess it's because it hides the fact he isn't as pretty as Darko's last girlfriend. :)
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Re: Don't be like the press. Get it right

I post mostly on the detnews.com forum. I have said plenty. Briefly, the trade is horrible for us. Its good for Darko and Arroyo if they value playing time so much, cause they would have gotten rings if they stayed here.

The trade was initiated primarily by Darko asking to be traded. Joe can't admit that so you will hear other stuff. Cap space-no not needed as Joe has held all along. A draft pick? Got to be kidding me. We already have three pretty decent rookies who can't get playing time.

I like Arroyo and Darko a lot, but first and foremost I am a Pistons fan. To me, if the trade is not good for the Pistons, then it should ot be done.

Flip is the one here who has made mistakes. He should have played both Darko and Arroyo more this season. We are now in a position where we may not be able to get past Miami. No big center to put on Shaq. No backup point guard. Flip is going to learn just how bad he erred come the playoffs. Hopefully, he will learn from his mistakes. If not, Joe will just have to replace the guy. Mistakes can be accepted. Not learning from them can't.

Right now, lets hope Kato can play. He is a big center who could bother Shaq a bit. This would be the best way it could go this year. Kato helps us get past Shaq, and then we still get the benefit of his expiring contract.
  11. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

lee

i understand not having a PG will hurt, but i think your overestimateing the importance of the 5th big man off the bench in terms of championship contending.
  12. Darth Tater

Wasting my breath...but bored.

Lee,

The trade was a good one.

We were not going to utilize Darko or Arroyo. You can debate all that you want that we SHOULD have utilized them, but DUMARS is the GM and FLIP is the coach and YOU are only a FAN like the rest of us. Therefore, what you think should have been done is irrelevant to the issue of whether or not it was a good trade . Given the FACTS based on the Pistons situation, it was a good trade for Detroit...and possibly for Orlando too.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Wasting my breath...but bored.

My understanding is Cato is a Mash unit. He can't help us period this year. What's up?
    Are you saying money isn't tight, Lee. I thought I heard JD say he needs cap room.
  14. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Darko's farewell speech set to music:

Well, that just about closes that chapter out. :amen: :rip:
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Thanks for coming clean Hat. Now I won't have to pistol whip you with the truth so bad when Darko blows up. If Low and Tater don't come clean I'll have more strength to pistol whip them.
  16. Darth Tater

TFD,

I'm not saying Darko won't do fine with Orlando. My point is that he would not have played with the Pistons. You are talking about a Championship caliber teams needs as opposed to the needs of a lottery team.

Upon learning Darko was about to be traded to Orlando, I opened up a roster spot for him on my fantasy team. I think there is a chance he will succeed (notice proper spelling) there. I wouldn't bet money on it, but I believe there is a decent chance.
  17. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When Joe drafted Darko, We had few bigs. Unfortunately for Darko, Joe was able to get Dyess and Rasheed. Now we had multiple bigs and Darko slid to the end of the line. Had we not signed Dyess and Rasheed, Darko would still be here and playing more minutes. Such is life in the NBA. Joe didn't know he was going to be able to get those two when he drafted Darko.

Stuff happens.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lol this is hilarious:

"Put your self in his shoes and being told lies over and over every time. Ben Wallace "demands" that he plays no less then 42 minutes so he can keep his stats high for free agency."
  19. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Woody
    When Joe drafted Darko, we had Zelly and Memo. Sheed "replaced" Zelly, and Dice "replaced" Memo. Plus we moved Big Nasty. On top of that the big men who were (arguably) moved to make room for Darko include Derick Coleman, Amal McCaskill and Nigel Dixon. Elden Campbell retired. His lack of minutes had more to do with his lack of interest and intensity than with "how many" bigs were in front of him.

This excuse is already included on the top 20 list. Let's see if he packed that list and took it with him to Orlando.
  20. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mad:

Zelly was hurt half the time, and would not have been a factor in Darko's playing time. Memo was moved because of salary, but is not, in my opinion, at Sheed or Dyess's level. I think Darko would have gotten much more playing time if any of the guys you mentioned were kept for any reason.