Good Luck Darko in Orlando

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Re: Good Luck Darko

Hatter,
    Why exactly do you hate Darko so much? Last I checked, he hasnt cost a single game.

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Let me try doing your light work Hat.
    Like pretty much everybody else we wanted Darko to come in here and posterize people. Leap through the roof all that stuff. When it didn't happen we quit on Darko. Now add in all the other stuff.
    BBen was worried Dyess would take his job. That's why he started demanding the ball. I bet if Dyess' knees were right he would try to beat out BBen.

3. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

16, I don't hate Darko, I just get tired of all the excuses constantly being thrown up over this guy. I get sucked into it because it's amusing. I gotta work on that.

I AM pissed at Darko, just like I was pissed at that other bum, Rodney White. I blame Darko for his lack of effort and gumption while he was here. Whatever the excuses may be, that aspect cannot be denied. How the hell can you play for the WORLD CHAMPS, collect what $20 Mill(?) over the course of several years, and be "disinterested?"

Quiet as it's kept, there ARE rumors circulating about his poor practice habits. How he wasn't "bringing it" in practice either. How it was beginning to effect the team. Nobody questions his talent. Well almost nobody. But how can you HAVE talent, and NOT bring it? Ain't that the same as "not having it?" A guy like that does not belong on a championship team.

I wish Darko well....Orlando is a good situation for him. If he has anything resembling a game; it will become evident. The creme ALWAYS rises to the top.

4. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

TheeTFD
    Sho you right!

:eyebrows:

5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I can't believe I agree with almost everything you just said, the only difference is I can understand Darko becoming "disinterested." Some say, if you get 20 mil you should be bringing it no matter what, others (count me) can understand that certain things going against him (LB, lack of pt, and being stuck behind the big 3) were too much for a teen ager to handle.

Water under the bridge, Darko is now in the perfect situation to suceed, a team that will give him PT, 3 years of Piston U with WallacesX2 as his profs, and 2 years of LB teaching him the game. If he can't succeed in Orlando, then he really is a bust, but I think he'll do OK. Time for arguing about Darko is over, we've got a 'ship to worry about

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He did not collect 20mil.$.
    yr 1 = $300,000.00
    yr 2 = $1.5mil.
    yr 3 = $4.5mil.
    about $8mil. total, feel free to correct this.

7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

20 mil, 10 mil, it's still a bunch of money. BTW, been reading a lot of quotes from the 'stons about Darko, and the one thing that sticks out is all the love being thrown at Darko from the Pistons, this aint the LB fiasco. If any thing, everyone, players, coaches, and Joe, feel happy for Darko that he'll get a chance to play and prove himself.

To me, that says a lot about the quality of the people in the Pistons orginization, and that Darko couldn't have had that bad of an attitude while he was here.

BTW, Darko signed a 16.8 mil contract (if option picked up), of which he is owed 5.2 mil for the next and final year.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The option was picked up prior to this year. Orlando would not have made the trade if the option had been declined, as Darko would essentially represent an expiring contract with no Bird Rights.

His minimum offer in year 5, if Orlando (or whomever he plays for at that time) wants to retain the right to match incoming offers, is $6.8 million. A pretty penny that he will likely get unless he completely flames out.

That's over $24 million by the time he is 22. Whether he earns a starting job in that time or not. Whether he makes an All-Star game or not. That is why Joe had to move him, and why I know he will be alright (at least financially).

9. max

max All-Star

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Re: Darko Arrives

He was confused and forgot he was at the beach. He thought he was on the court during garbage time. :sleep:

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thought this was interesting:

" Magic fans can look at him as an international replacement for Fran Vazquez "

Who?

I was thinking this might make up for losing Shaq all those years ago. Now they finally have a player who can stop the Big Diesel in his tracks they should be able to get past Miami in the playoffs this year.

12. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

darkos up agenst the cavalers tonight guys big game lets hope he scores a hundred points

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

I dunt thenk he will scor 100 points, bet probabaly somewhere around 80 points.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I see what you're doin' linwood.

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Who, me? What? C'mon...

16. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

i was just kidden around of coarse he will not score 100 or even 80 but a 10 point night with a couple of blocks and a few boreds would be very nice start.

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and the partying woes continue!! boy if he partied too much in detroit, imagine what he'll down in orlando!!

"Sorry coach, I missed game. Pluto want autograph," he said sheepishly, with mickey mouse ears on his head.

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Yeah, that would be a pretty good night for Darko. Otherwise, if he doesn't produce, the fans may find themselves with quite a few boreds waiting for Darko to develop.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Linwood I thought you were a nice man.

20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Actually, it would be a pretty good WEEK for him.

Seriously, he needs to learn to adjust to their system. He also looks like a case of raw nerves when he isn't sleepwalking out there. I think he'll do ok with them but I it probably will take him at least a couple of games to adjust to the system and relax.

I'll be watching & rooting for him, though.