Good Luck Darko in Orlando

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Re: Good Luck Darko

Millocrap is a loser!! He is immature and has no class. The dumb goof fell asleep on the beach. That should tell you something right there. The guy thinks he should just walk onto the floor and not have to put any work in to earn that spot.
  2. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

Re: Darko Arrives

i cant get the game on tv but from the sounds of things at magicmadness.us darko is kicken some but aganst seatle tonight.

it is nice to smile :)
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Re: Darko Arrives - Finally Got Some Minutes

Line tonight

Min - 22
    Points 8 on 3 for 4 from the field
    Boards 3
    Blocks 2

Good Game DMC. It is just the beginning.

He needed out of Detroit.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Re: Darko Arrives

Sometimes you are the bug. Sometimes you are the windshield. :nod:
  5. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

darko's performance tonight

Darko played 22 mins and got 8pts 2blks, 5 rebs, 1 ast, and ONLY 1 PF!!!

Why couldn't that f-er play like this while in Detroit!? :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
  6. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Re: darko's performance tonight

Er.... I don't think he was given a chance. :doh:
  7. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

Darko did play like that in Detroit. He pretty much put up those same stats in preseason.

Young, athletic, skilled 7-footers just aren't valued in Detroit. Once the games mattered it just wasn't worth it to develop Darko. It was more important to team chemistry that work ethic determine minutes. That's cool- we get stuck with Mr. Hard Work Jason Maxiell, who will never be more than a bench role player. Orlando gets a future All-Star and Top 5 Center who wasn't good enough for us.
  8. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Whoa fellas. Premature. Very premature.

They played a Seattle team with seven players, also without Ray Allen.

But I hope it holds up. I'm happy for Darko and Carlos. Just remember their style of play didn't fit here. Let it go and be happy for them.
  9. max

max All-Star

Anyone watch the game? How was his defense? Why only 4 shots in 22 mins if he made 3 of them?

How was Arroyo's defense? Thats part of why he was shipped.
  10. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Max, I watched the game as I live near Orlando for the winter. First, Arroyo's defense seemed to work well although Seattle was seriously shorthanded. Carlos was pumped by the cheers from his countrymen and really showed it all. He stole the ball, got 18 points and several boards, I believe 4 assists. Darko fed him one bucket, getting an assist on that one. I don't know how much the Seattle shortage helped his game but he stayed in front of his man.

Darko did not shoot a lot because he still does not know all the plays. He did look pretty comfortable out there. He made more than a few passes that led to assists. He and Dwight looked pretty awesome when the gaurds forced the Sonics inside. One of the blocks DMC got, both he and Dwight went for it but Darko's longer arms allowed him to get it first. They are going to be an awesome pair soon. One thing I did not like was that Darko deferred to Dwight on one rebound. They both went for it but Darko drew back when he saw that Dwight had a good shot at it. He should be fighting even Dwight for them.

He still did not smile much but it looked good to have him standing in the huddle when the coach called time out during crunch time. Carlos is in seventh heaven. All the PR flags in the audience.

If this is how they play when they don't know the plays yet, and have not blended with the others, it portends well for them. And I believe the playing time controversy should be over.

Hope this answers your questions. Glad to hear the Pistons won tonight.
  11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Good objective summary Lazyberbs! I knew you had it in you! :peace:

DaviaG-Rap
    If we ever had one, he would be valued. :P

:hail:
  12. max

max All-Star

Hi Burbs. Thanks for the update. I would shocked when I saw the stat-line of 22 mins. Figured he would be getting sparse PT as in the 1st 2 games.

wouldn't you think that Dumars was absolutely sure that this would not comeback to burn him prior to the trade? Pistons know more about Darko than anyone else. The staff has seen him play in practice. Dumars has gotten all the reports and seen 1st hand what exactly Darko is capable of. I simply cannot see Dumars dealing Darko unless he was absolutely convinced that it was the right move.

On Arroyo. Most bench guys on a contender are perfectly happy going along for the ride and seeking their fortunes after the title run. No way would Okur or James have wanted a trade before the post-season. Grab the title and then seek your FA fortunes or ask for that trade.

I liked Arroyo but since he had no interest in hanging around for an NBA title then perhaps this was the best move for both parties.

Howard/Darko? Even if Darko does work out ORL has always had problems keeping good players. They have had 2 superstars Shaq/T-Mac who they both lost. Mac was traded but only because he informed the team that he would not be re-signing. ORL is a commical francise who will always find ways to blow it.
  13. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick

Centers Darko was facing: Johan Petro (rookie) Mikki Moore (mediocre journeyman) Chris Wilcox (power forward)

dont read to much into some decent stats against sub-par centers
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

that's why our bench sucked we always had to come, and help. because of that 3 things could of happened.

• arroyo gets taken to the hoop and the opponent gets and easy score
    • arroyo gets taken to the hoop and has to foul
    • arroyo gets taken to the hoop. a big man comes to help and the pg dumps it off to the big man right under the hoop for a flush.
    lindsey did a much better job off the bench, and he created a lot of shots when he was left open. he knew he couldn't make the shot as well as other people right now so he drove and either threw a good lob or he had a nice kick out. plus he still had his great defense. that jumper will come back in a while.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

ooooh hijacking a darko thread to talk about CA!! haha. For a team like orlando, Arroyo's liabilites mean less. They got holes all over the place but for us, that opening gets more crucial as we advance each round. You can get beat by Wade but CANNOT allow GP and Jwill to be productive too.

I loved his passing though and 0 TO's. He does a decent job of protecting the ball.
  16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I think Joe saw the writing on the wall. Darko would never try hard in garbage time. To get Darko motivated, he would need to be given 20+ minutes a game. Something Flip would never do, and something that would be impossible considering the 3 guys ahead of him. So either Joe traded him now, or kept paying him to sit on the bench and sulk.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

arroyo had a nice game.
  18. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

16 Mile
    Agreed. And since the guy (a) could/did not earn anything more, trade him for somebody (anybody) who WOULD play hard in garbage time. Why keep a sulking player on the bench who would bolt first chance he gets during a championship run?

Darko needs a LOT of playing time to "develop." He can get that in Orlando. Meanwhile, we can pursue a ring right NOW with players who want to WIN, and get another crack at the draft in 07. :nod:
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

lets make it a good pick this time.
  20. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Thanx Mad and Max. Of course, Seattle was shorthanded and so was Orlando the night before when they came very close to upsetting NJ. The Magic had only 8 players that night and used 7.

Another good thing, after the game Coach Hill commented very favorably about DMC's sense of the game and that both he and Carlos made no mistakes in running the plays and were in the right places all the time. I was not sure because Darko had a look about him that suggested he was not sure, but always was there to relay the ball and do what he was supposed to do. He also daunted at least 3 or 4 shots besides the ones he blocked outright.

Before we get oo excited, Yao is here Sunday. Great Sunday. Get to watch the Pistons (seldom get them down here) and then at 3:30, Carlos and Darko go against Houston. Oh, yeah, there are some other Orlando players that will be there, too.

I have to mention that Grant is playing out of his mind right now. If the Magic do buy him out, this year, he would solve any problems off the bench for the Pistons, and still not be in the way next year to block the rookies. And it would get the old Piston a ring.