Good Luck Darko in Orlando

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Feb 15, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: darko's performance tonight

I watched the game as well.

I agree with all of Lazy's comments.

Solid game by both former Pistons.

Arroyo was outstanding..on offense.

Orlando team played great TEAM defense yesterday and the catalyst was.....Grant Hill.

A healthy Hill is the key to vicories for this young team.

Darko looked pretty comfortable yesterday. Let's see how he performs in the next couple of games.
  2. max

max All-Star

Thanks for the Updates guys.

Burbs/MO - I will look forward to reading your reports anytime you want to report on an Orlando game. Obviously its a team I am going to pay attention to given that pick.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Darko Arrives

Another parting shot by Darko quoted in the NJ Star Ledger.

Quote of the Week.

From Darko Milicic, thinking back to his glory days in Detroit: "I felt like a ball boy".

I disagree Darko, ball boys are actually happy to be there, and they show more enthusiasm. Even in garbage time they hustle to track down those loose balls. Even at the end of a blowout, they're quick to wipe up the man sweat on the court.

Oh... and they aren't getting paid millions of dollars to do it.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jam you and Low don't seem to grasp the "higher aspirations" mentality.
    If you are content to play hind fiddle and do as the boss says and collect your average pay while the boss maybe promotes someone with what you perceive as less talent, then fine stay in your cubicle. But if your 7 ft. tall and want bang with the big boys you have to find elbow room. Elbow room, cryed Daniel Boone!
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'll get my first look at the dynamic duo on Houston basketball Tv today. Those guys are very critical so I'll get a good analysis. BTW, Tracy Mcgrady is such a woman!:laugh:
  6. MotownPride

Oh my gosh, Arroyo and Darko are becoming the highlight of all of the plays today. No lie. Darko is dominating Juwan Howard and Arroyo is finishing plays like the guy I saw in the Olympics.

Coach Hill is finding it very hard to take Arroyo off the floor.

What a difference an environment makes.
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Seriously. Joe is going to look like an ass for this trade very quickly. Arroyo looks like a man possessed, and Darko is starting to look like the player he was supposed to be. I will be pissed if Darko turns into some superstar :ohwell:
  8. MotownPride

Okay, Darko has cooled downed, become passive again.

Arroyo remains impressive.

Too much Yao for the Magic to handle.
  9. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Darko had a pretty good outing in today's "silent game" against Houston ... which showed Hill's comment about "not knowing the system" to be a joke, since maybe 3 regulars on the Magic actually show some knowledge of organized basketball. The only good looks Dwight Howard got all day came from Darko, and Arroyo is clearly better than anything else they've got.

If that is the environment Darko needs to develop, fine. We'll just have to kick ourselves for not being lousy.
  10. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Re: darko's performance tonight vs Houston

Max in particular. You said to post my opinions on the Magic and the ex-Pistons, so that is why I am writing this. Otherwise I would not be posting about this.

I have not been able to get the minutes played today for Darko and Carlos but they both played most of the fourth quarter especially during crunch time, and DMC continued to play effectively even with 5 fouls. They wanted him and Batisse and Howard to drive at Yao to get some fouls on him but the Magic kept getting the fouls.

The announcers continue to be amazed at DMC. For Carlos, not amazed so much because it was kind of expected from him.

Anyway, early in the fourth quarter, Magic down just over 20 points when Darko and Carlos came in for their third appearance. Carlos made a shot, stole the ball and drove down for another bucket and then took a charge on the inbounds. Two buckets and a t/o on Houston inside 25 seconds. That got the Magic moving and they closed the margin down to 3 points just before it got back up a little due to fouls. Even then, Yao elbowed Carlos and knocked him senseless but it was not called. That would have resulted in a t/o and the Magic would have gotten the ball with about 10 seconds left only 3 down.

DMC had 6 points, 4 blocks (the announcers and I had him for 5), 2 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals and he had 5 PF. At one point when he completely wrapped up Jawan Howard blocking two shots and forcing him into a stumbling shot attempt, the announcers said that there is only one other big man in the league who could have done that. Of course, that would be Ben Wallace. The play of Darko and the not so good play of Batisse could be getting Darko closer to starting.

Carlos had 17, 5 boards, 2 assists, no turns. He continues to really spark the team and the announcers keep calling him to be put in when the team is slowing down.

They both play in crunch time and get mucho credit for the resurgence of the Magic, but as to the Pistons interest, another in the loss column. The draft pick looks like it could be a good one.

Grant Hill played really well too, but Dwight had a bad game. He was on Yao more than DMC, Batisse, and Mario. He had only 9 boards and no baskets until Darko got him a touch pass for a bucket. That pass brought the house down.

Just so you know that I am not picking out only the good stuff on DMC, when the Magic had the difference down to 3, Darko quickly doubleteamed Yao along with Dwight, and touched Yao, giving him two free throws. That made it 5 again. He touched him instead of just showing.
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Watching the game, one thing became real apparent, and that is you can see the affects of playing 3 years against Ben and Sheed have had on Darko. He wil be a defensive monster once the refs start giving him a little respect. He had one play where Yao faked him out on a spin move, yet was able to recover and get a clean block, except for the fact that the refs bailed out Yao with a bs foul call.

You can also see the affects of having played for Flip and LB. The kid is afraid of his own shadow on offense. As soon as he gets the ball, he's looking to give it up. Is definately afraid of making mistakes. Once he becomes more comfortable, and unafraid of taking shots and making mistakes, he will be an allstar. The potential shown in this game is down right scary. Everyone has been talking about Darko supporting Dwight, but a year from now, I think it just might be the other way around.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:nod: :P
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Left out was how well Yao did against Darko... which is to be expected from a rookie (we can call him a rookie?)
  14. MotownPride

..woahhhhh partner slow down.

that's being a little bit ambitious don't you think?

lol!
  15. lazyberbs

Today, Yao had his way with everyone who played him. I don't know if it is the way the defense was set up against him or what, but it seemed like all the Orlando 4 and 5s were playing with foul trouble. Dwight got them early; Mario got like 5 in 5 minutes; Darko played quite a bit of the fourth quarter with 4 and then 5.

And Yao was getting away with murder. He was setting a pick and extended his elbow, at the end of the game, knocking Carlos senseless.

I remember somebody here the other day saying that, "some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield."

Anyway, for the next week or more, the Magic is out west; Tuesday at LA Lakers. And they will be visiting Memo before they get back. I think I will go over and see Darko and Carlos Saturday after next, the 11th.

Should I wear my Piston jacket and championship hat??

We sold our house down here and will be wending our way back to MI, starting the 15th.
  16. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Hey Lazy,

Thanks for all of the info. We should start you a Orlando info section.

I think everyone wants to see Darko do well.

I don't know about CA NOT wanting to win a Championship, Darko is the one that asked for a trade, not Arroyo.
  17. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

CA said he wanted to stay and win a title. He wanted to be a starter, but he knew how rare this chance was, so he would worry about PT later.
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think 16 has a valid arguement.

From a fantasy standpoint Arroyo is filling it up. I don't know if that will result in wins though.
  19. lazyberbs

I really have no idea of who wanted a trade or who didn't but when you see CA interviewed down here, you can barely understand him because his grin is so big he cannot enunciate very well. I think he could be elected president of Puerto Rico right now, if it would not interfere with his basketball playing.

Today, a magnificent day, I watched the Pistons toy with Cleveland and then saw three ex-Pistons come to play. People are asking Coach Hill when Darko will be starting. I kind of wish people would settle down a little because I don't want all that hype to get in the way of his development again. Just let things settle in a little. He will get his chance. It is a little surprising but a lot of people down here are giving a lot of credit, and rightly so, to Ben and Sheed for Darko's success.

Maybe they are right (I think so). Playing against other bigs in the league is probably easier than practicing against WallaceX2.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

darko had 4 blocks in 19 minutes. he did have 5 fouls though too. he had 2 TO's, 2 steals, 6 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist.