1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Grading Coach Michael Curry

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 31, 2009.

?

What Grade do you give Michael Curry so far this season?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2009.
  1. A+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

1.5%
  5. B

4.5%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

6.1%
  8. C

19.7%
  9. C-

10.6%
  10. D

31.8%
  11. F

25.8%
  1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Professor should be fine as long as the Pistons don't play North Carolina at home..:pound:

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Very impressive Prof.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

double entendre
    at least I correct my mistakes.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I am going to outbid you. I'd coach for $70,000 a year, pro-rated for the remainder of this season.

Qualifications: Played a lot of basketball. Watched a lot of NBA basketball. Hobby is studying game film of NBA games. I've been an amateur NBA critic for these past 8 years.

Now, after the Pistons win the Championship this year with me as head coach, I'd probably be asking for a slightly higher payday next year.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

When I voted I was in between a D and an F and I ended up choosing the F. Now it is no doubt an F for Curry. This is just sad. If we lose our next game we are at .500! This team is probably going to have a below .500 record before this year is over...with all this talent. When we do go below .500 Joe better fire MC. You can't let go of Carlisle, LB, and Flip, who all got the Pistons at least to the ECF and 50 wins, and not get rid of a guy who might not get this team even to the playoffs.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lee, if I think of who I know that is THE Pistons analyst/critic, you are the only person who comes to mind. Your "amateur" puts a lot of professionals to shame.

As The Low and I have discussed on the podshow, get your raises in the contract first. You will never be able to claim a bonus after you win if you're counting on Bill D and Joe to pay you for what you did yesterday. They do not operate like that.

7. max

max All-Star

Off topic, Roscoes last paragraph made me curious. How much is LB making now with Memphis?

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Look at this as a sort of puffer-fish observance. Remember, in a good many occurrence's, perception is as an automatic crowning of glorious colors that might speak more toward the spectrum of the rainbow...then the absence of color (which is what color?).

He was given the lower end of the rainbow downgraded to a specific wage scale.

You need balance for this; because, you must sell a sense of legitimacy that has sometime to build upon. Can you buy time? Well...it didn't work for Porter.

The camouflage is visual of fluff-and-puff...within a certain time frame. The former is playing the game. The latter is a certain recognition that probes the possibility of a Darwinian miscalculation and being of a possible wrong does not buy you an extra lifetime (GMs are the exception).

The question I need to ask JD: are you comfortable with the some of your exceptional decision points coming up (nothing is 100% sure) that might rest upon a maturation level, that (at the very worse) will help level some things out?

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

didn't want to start a new thread with this...but can someone explain to me HOW this quote makes sense? i'm not connecting the logic...

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think that is a copy & past from Flip last year. Good God!

11. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Well, that quote is pretty much an admission of a nightmare for various Pistons fans. You see, he wanted to give Allen a rest and replace him with a defensive player. However, he couldn't give up Allen's offense because Rodney and Richard weren't doing jack. On either side of the ball.

Apparently, he wanted to win the game and didn't believe he could if he took Allen out of the game and left any of the other three in. He was right, up until he called a timeout.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Arron Afflalo was supposed to play, but Curry said, "as Allen (Iverson) was going, I wanted to get Afflalo in there, but (Rodney) Stuckey and Rip never got going. That kind of stops you from being able to bring someone else in to give Allen more of a break."

Curry didn't want to replace Rodney and Rip...Because they were playing bad. He usually waits til somebody is playing GOOD before replacing them. :thumb[1]: :thumb[1]:

13. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

A great playwright couldn't make this stuff up. How in the world is Curry still coaching. The cleveland game is simply unwatchable.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Analyzing Curry's logic is frightening most of the time. Whenever he expounds on a decision, it usually makes you wonder why he doesn't just do the exact opposite.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is it to late to reopen this poll so I can lower my vote down two levels to F- ??

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder how Curry is going to be in his 4 post game press conferences as a head coach. Will he go with the silent angry routine, or will he go the self deprecating, mood lightening route?

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

"Our shots not good."

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Offense wins games not defense ? I think we can outscore the opponent like the Suns ?

It beginning to look like Curry was part of the problem with the Flip regime.

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Roscoe I think you posted this poll too early....I bet you half those D's would turn to F's and the few B's/C's would be D's and F's too if the poll was given now.

20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The C- that I gave him a few weeks back seems absurd to me now.

Yesterday was the lowest that I've felt as a Pistons fan in a looooong time and Mike Curry should be held accountable.