Grading Joe's Offseason So Far

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

You are absolutely correct Low
    That is because Davison is the coach of our NBA development Fort Wayne team.

NBA Development League: Kent Davison Named Head Coach of Fort Wayne’s NBA D-League Team

and Davidson is the owner of our Pistons.

William Davidson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A very easy typo to make

It can be a bit confusing Davison and Davidson.

:hoops:

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's exactly what I was wondering about driving down Davison a few days ago.
    :MusicBigGrin:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You guys realize, that teasing The Low, just sends him back to the lab, investing hours in the torture chamber, to come back harder, meaner, leaner and more devastating than before?

4. mikhail1973

Roscoe, all we're getting from Low is Joe doing a piss poor job, Davidson is a bad owner, Ben's the best player and without him we're nothing. Com on, we're Pistons fans. How about some faith in Joe and some optimism?

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Look, for the last time, I never said DET would be a lottery team. What I HAVE said is that all I care about is winning titles. All the other BS means nothing to me. I don't care if we win 83 reg. season games. I don't care if we get 12 players on the all-star team. I don't care if 5 of our 5 starters avg. 45 ppg. I don't care if every fan and non-fan in the country want to watch only Pistons games on ABC all year long and we pull in the best ratings in the history of broadcast entertainment. I DO care if we win the title and IRREGARDLESS of whether or not you all think Joe's moves are perfect, or davidson is great, or this team is "fun to watch," this team has come up short in situations where they clearly shouldn't have.

If we are in a position to contend for titles, but do things that hurt that effort such as running Ben or LB out of town, hiring Saunders, drafting Darko and then keeping him too long to get anything of value from him, giving Mohammed 30 Mil, retaining Saunders after two complete flameouts, or any other bad ideas, then I'm not going to be happy with watching this team come up short. Maybe you get a kick out of being teased with an ECF appearance and then flaming out, but count me out. So, sue me.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Brother Low, the 90s must have been hell on you.

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm pretty sure irregardless isn't even a word.

I think you're being to harsh, Low, but I appreciate your pessimism. I'll grant you that some things that have happened in the offseason were not good. Losing three point shooter Will Blalock could come back to haunt us. No doubt Will can light it up.

But I think you are putting the worst face on the situation...possibly you are still angry about the big headed guy sitting in front of you in Vegas?..I don't know. But I look at it this way...how many other teams can say the have a realistic shot at the championship every year?

8. Pwn Toney

Sir...you have no idea...hence, wanting no part of returning to that time capsule.

9. Pwn Toney

That word has a looooong history.

10. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Aw Bills, did you have to say that. :sssh:

11. Pwn Toney

Apparently the Spurs, and several other teams that don't have Saunders coaching them.

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I have tremendous faith in Flip Saunders ability to bounce back from two poor years, irregardless of the fact that he hasn't shown that ability in the past. Just a gut feeling.

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Darn Low you are gonna have an aneurism over something that you, I and every other pistons fan have absolutely no control over.

Let it go brother. Hell, I love the pistons too, but they don't give me a cut or percentage of what they are making. My bi-weekly check stub says U.S. Army.

Now whenever, that changes and my check is deposited directly from the NBA c/o the Detroit Pistons organization, then I guess I may feel the same way you do.

Secondly, it's no way Ben is walking around with all those coins jingling in his pocket feeling sorry that he left the pistons, and the small amount of animosity he had towards Flip has probably dissipated to the size of a black-eyed pea, and I can say with about 100% accuracy, Ben don't give a rats arse about what you and I feel about him leaving the Pistons.

This is a business, we are like pieces of lint in the belly button of an elephant.

No one in the NBA gives a crap about you and any other pistons fan individually.

Now collectively, if we stop buying tickets and attending games i.e., then we are talking about an entirely different situation. However, I can't answer for anyone else on this forum, but I ain't there with that, protest, because Ben left the pistons for another 10 mill or whatever amount, I don't think so.

So Low, you may as well like we say in the Army "Get Little", because we ain't got that kind of power brother.

I love ya bro, but you are taking this thing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to personal.

14. max

max All-Star

Trip for me down to the sytax error police. Or maybe I really did think that other guy bought the team?

Its ok to be disgruntled just get the facts right. Its not the attitude that gets me its the re-writting of history. When someone writes that we were too cheap to sign Okur and things like that some are going to believe it.

15. Pwn Toney

Sorry, I'm just not good at half-%%%%%ing...If I'm gonna care, I'm gonna care. If I'm not gonna care, I'm just gonna do something else with my time. <Insert snide remarks and jokes from fellow posters here>

16. max

max All-Star

I will agree that 5 straight trips to the ECF resulting in a 2-3 record in a watered down conference is dissapointing.

1-1 in the Finals is a little dissapointing as well.

Its also dissapointing that Sanders is still here.

Its dissapointing that something could not have been worked out with Ben.

Its dissapointing that Mohammed has 24 mil left on his contract and was not even in the rotation during the Finals.

But there are some signs that things are going to be changing. The players can do better, Dumars can do better, and they all know it.

17. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

If you are going to bring up Joes past transgressions such as trading Stack (overrated playoff choker) for Rip drafting Darko letting James and Okur and Ben go, bring up the fact that he got us Sheed brought in Billups and drafted Tay.

You can say well Flip is still here and that guarantees mediocrity, but there is no hard evidence to back that up. Flip has beaten the first round curse 3 times now 1 time in minny 2 times here. He is not my first choice, but of the coaches available he was 1 that made sense. Is he gods gift to coaches hell no but he did the best with what he had. If he wins this year it will shut some of you up and if not we will all be talking about the new coach because he will be gone.

If the Bulls beat the Pistons it will be because of players like Deng (I have had this cat for 3 straight years in fantasy ball) Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and Noah not Ben Wallace. Who what how the young guys get to play. Yes they had a few bad years but they are going to give us headaches for a long time unless they trade Gordon and Deng.

Joe has made his mistakes but imo his hands are tied by Big Bucks Bill. Davidson has 3 sports teams and all have won a ship. The man might be a tight wad but he hires people that know how to get the job done. I think some fans would be happy with a chance to win a title every decade let alone win 1. There are no perfect teams (the Spurs have not won back to back yet) no perfect owners players or gms. To be a fan imo is living with the highs and lows if you won every year you would take it for granted. If you think Big Bucks Bill is taking advantage of you because he has only given you 3 titles and you think we should have 6 or whatever that’s your problem not mine.

I give Joe a B-
    I would have loved it if we drafted Julian Wright but what do I know. I think Afflolo will be a fine player (allstar probobly not) Stuckey has a ton to prove and Mejia reminds me of another player but I need to see more before I can say who.

18. mikhail1973

I wonder if Joe has something else up his sleeve.

19. mikhail1973

Bleacher Report - NBA Free Agency: Breaking Down The Deals

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Joe still has one big move up his sleeve before the season begins. Look for a starter to be moved, along with Webber not being resigned..............