Greg Monroe

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blackhawk, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

How would he compare to our teal Georgetown big ?
  2. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Up to 4th in the latest ESPN mock...
  3. Brap

Brap Starter

The mocks are getting a bit depressing. There is no way in the world the Pistons ought to be wanting a tweener like Aminu - who tested horribly at Chicago, and nowhere near the athlete he's supposed to have been.

We need a true PF at the very least. We really need a top young center. But we might be looking at Sanders or Patterson at this stage - which would be a nice addition to our roster, and a MAJOR "settle for" for the Pistons.

We've GOT to trade up, IMO, but we cannot IMO trade Stuckey or Daye to do so. Daye's got a chance to be great. Would we be willing to give up JJ or Summers? I'd hate to lose either of these guys, but if we can get Favors I suppose we'd have to.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Is Summers any real value in a trade? Don't we have to add something more to move up from 7th? I would much rather keep JJ than Daye but I guess I'm a bit biased.

Edit: If we could move up just one spot for Summers + 7th I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  5. Brap

Brap Starter

I might do that too Mogilny. We need a center that badly. But I think Summers has a really good future in this league. I think JJ has a lot of value, and is going to be one of those Bruce Bowen, Artest level glue guys. But I see Daye having star potential. I don't know if he'll achieve that, but I definitely think he could be one of the better offensive players in this league - and even a fine team defender.

It really kills that we might have to trade an asset we like - perhaps an asset we like a lot - simply because we were stupid enough to finish strong and cost ourselves several slots in the draft.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A rookie who couldn't crack the rotation of a pathetically wounded lottery-team is not going to entice any team to trade picks with us.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

To be fair even after all the injuries he still had 6 more SF's in front of him on the depth chart.

I don't watch college ball, but I am hoping the Pistons can get this Monroe fellow. His lack of off the charts athleticism worries me, but Cousins supposedly has the same issues.
  8. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I'm not a big college guy, but like everyone else, I have access to youtube and other sites to check out clips. Monroe looks solid, but doesn't really put me in awe. I'm definitely sick of watching the Pistons trot out a lineup that can't compete. I'm sick of watching the freeway to the basket. I don't like watching how far this team has fallen and I really think we need to get that franchise bigman as a cornerstone. I don't really care about the cost. Both Tay and Rip are dead to me on this team. The Pistons aren't going anywhere right away and neither of those guys will be productive when they do finally get competitive again. Time to cut ties and wish them both well in their future endeavors. We need to get younger, more athletic and "exciting" again. We have no one in our youth core that has a "wow" factor. JJ and Daye are both good prospects but neither is untouchable. I like Daye slightly more than JJ because I feel he has a higher ceiling. He showed me some really smooth offense and his defense will come around as he gets more time in the league. He's so long that even some of his mistakes were covered up by his length. I don't think a guy like Monroe will help us be that much better defensively as far as shotblocking or rebounding. Where he could help though is through a better and more efficient offensive system where we are scoring better and getting a chance to setup our halfcourt D vs always trying to play transition D.

I don't know what to think about this draft, I've seen Cousins stats and they are impressive, but that attitude could be a huge issue. How many guys have had size and poor attitude and flop out of the league? William Bedford was a legit 7 footer and he couldn't keep his nose clean. (ha ha I made a funny). I wouldn't mind swinging for the fences and going up as high as necessary and getting a Derrick Favors. Give what it takes to get the deal done.

I'm sick of this soft, candy-ass basketball in Detroit where no player seems to give a damn anymore.
  9. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Sources say G Monroe had unimpressive workout for Warriors & didn't distance himself vs St Marys Samhan.

Samhan is strictly a 2nd round prospect. But if Monroe couldn't outplay Samhan today, that's telling about Monroe.

NBA scout said today Monroe wasn't top-10 talent. But what big man other than Cousins/Favors is better? Scout couldn't say.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Add this info to the fact that Sac just traded for a center and is looking at wing players. Add that to the info that Cousins refused to workout for Minn and GSW and.......well, we may be looking at Demarcus Cousins in a Pistons uniform next season!!!

:djparty::dancingparty::party2:
  11. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

Careful what you wish for.
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Another thing for teams to take into consideration regarding Cousins - he might lead to -50p in the Hollinger rankings 2017.
  13. coynejeremy

:thumb[1]:
  14. blackhawk

If Joe can manage to bring Cousins, he will look like a genius.

Stephen Curry refused to work out for the GSW last season. I would worry about GSW picking Cousins up.
  15. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Did not know that. I can't imagine watching the draft live, with everyone until the freakin' Warriors pass up on Cousins.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, that (a player refusing a workout) has little bearing on the team's decision. After all, they can still draft the guy to use as a trade piece. Milwaukee Yi Jianlian etc.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Now why you wanna go and do that......blew my high......DANG! I have a feeling that we're going to get the kid.
  18. blackhawk

I was excited too..for a little lol

Rumor is Joe is working hard to get the #4 pick from Minnesota today. I doubt Cousins is going to slip to 7. He's very dominant in the post, which is something we haven't had since James "Buddha" Edwards left for the LA Clippers in 1991
  19. coynejeremy

This could also work. It's what I immediately thought of when I read your post.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.