1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Grizzlies waive Iverson

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, Nov 16, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Won't help....The NBA TV games are only available on NBA TV....I don't think you can watch them on the League Pass Broadband or Mobile or LP Archives

She is going to have to find a sports bar to see it live (maybe with Linwood) , go home early or get someone to tape or DVR it and watch it later....

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah I'm a desperate desperado at this point for sure. Dre I have considered all of the above. The cable company where I am is not Comcast and does not offer NBA TV. I could go to Seattle and sit in a sports bar where all the televisions would be on Monday Night Football and also hope that same sports bar carries the Sports Package that includes NBA TV. Up until an hour ago, I was seriously considering driving home starting at 6 am tomorrow and arriving by tipoff on Monday. But...I have settled on having my girlfriend across the street in Sacramento use the key I have hidden outside my apartment go in and DVR it on my tv and just deal with not seeing it live. And I can still see the Pistons on ESPN on Wednesday. But I'm about 80% on the decision not to travel during the NBA season. There are just too many variables that can go wrong with all this technology. I am in major severe basketball jones withdrawal right now. My reality is compromised in negative way. My fantasy teams are in disarray. I dropped and forgot to pick AI back up in my daily league. Everything is just very very not Aurora right now. :yellowprison:

3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Laimbs...check your Daily League for trade offer. Now I spent alot of time on this and I never made a trade offer and you should really be thinking about who you are getting (a surefire winner) and not about who you are losing (two exciting longterm rolls of the dice...my specialty). That's all I'm gonna say.:)

4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

There has got to be a sports bar in the area where you can sneak off and watch the game.

5. hifiPistons

hifiPistons Second Round Draft Pick

So what s up with AI now in 76ers now? Will he be the starter or role player? I watched a couple of interviews about this signing but i'm still vague how 76 coach will handle him

6. LA Dre

With Louis Williams out for 8 weeks, with the fractured jaw, I think I read that AI starts at least until Lou comes back.

7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Calling about that this morning but this Bremerton/Tacoma area has a cable company called Wave Cable that does not carry NBA TV. But I'm at peace now as my friend in Sacramento is recording both AI/Denver and Pistons/AI on my DVR in Sacramento for me. I'll just have to wait and see AI's return at 76er when I get home later in the week. But just to be absolutely sure I am calling Seattle sports bars this morning and if I can find one that has NBA TV (it's in a package with Comcast) and will commit to putting it on one tv instead of Monday night football, I'll take the ferry ride over. Thanks, NYPistonFan, illadelph, LA Dre, all concerned parties, you guys rock!

8. LA Dre

Kim not sure if found tonights the game at a local sports bar or not, but it is on LP broadband radio which you probably already know.

I am watching it now on NBA TV and AI started and played all but .09 seconds of the first qtr scoring 4 pts, 3 brds, 2 assists and two fouls. But it is the other AI ( Igudala) who is trying to steal the thunder with 14 of the Sixers 26 first qtr points

9. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Dre I didn't get to see it live but I have a friend in Sacramento who is DVRing it for me at my house. She is also DVRing the Pistons/Philly game on Wednesday that was supposed to be on ESPN but will now be only on League Pass. I got to see some of the highlights online so it's all good. I've decided to stay here another week and make some more dogsitting cash this weekend which I plan to spend on the best seat I can get for AI/Philly vs. Sacramento on December 30. I'm so glad he's back in the League and not retired.

10. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It was quite a reception given to AI by the Philly fans. Very emotional.

11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well I'm leaving right now to go see AI in the Sacramento game. Going in time to get there as soon as the doors open so I can see shootaround and claim my fancy seat near the Philly bench. Of course I'm very excited, so I thought I'd post to this thread. And against my better judgment I've decided to wear my blue #1 Pistons Allen Iverson authentic jersey even though he has declared it "the most miserable season of my career" because hell, it cost me a bloody fortune, it's beautiful, and I love being a Piston fan...so there. If anyone's cruising around League Pass tonight I'll be in the first row BEHIND the courtside seats under the basket kitty corner toward...A.I. LOL. Just kidding. Well kinda. :pound:

12. max

max All-Star

Have fun. I am going to watch the Pistons lose tomorrow.

13. LA Dre

Kim, I saw the last quarter of the game...AI did good in the Philly win. Wished I had read this earlier as I would have tried to look for you when the camera panned the bench. Did AI notice you in the uniform???

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Alright, Kim. We definitely need an update on the game. I imagine you had great fun.

15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Okay well first I'll try to give just a game report on AI's game without my usual AI effusive fan style. Of course that will be challenging for me but I'll try to exercise a little discipline here.

AI played 39:29 minutes. 6/14 fg. 2/2 3 pters. 6-6 at the free throw line. 6 rebounds. 3 assists. 3 steals. 2 turnovers. 20 points. +10 (whatever that efficiency rating thing you guys are always talking about)

Okay that's it. That's the end of the objective report. OMG, I was about twenty feet from AI! (Truly, I have to say I felt like I was in about 7th grade the whole time. But I did not show it. LOL.) When I first walked in the door and down the long long bleachers to my seat, there was AI at the very bottom of my path shooting baskets from the sideline. Apparently he was on a roll of hitting the shots because there were some teenager fans who were cutting up and laughing and yelling "Make it rain AI, make it rain" and he was trying to keep a straight face while he kept shooting.

Anyway, my seat was right behind the bank of press people so I could see the Comcast feed on a little tv on a table just in front of me which I though was a nice perk. I'll tell you though, there is a lot of security between the fans and the team, I was very close to them but not close enough to make my voice heard unless I was super loud and rude. I had found a very rare shirt on ebay, an artist's rendering of the moment that Allen "stepped over" Tyronn Lue in the Philly NBA finals against LA done by a famous cartoonist, and I wanted to pass it into the bench through the towel guys as a special anonymous present to AI. No way. There were about nine security guys with eyes constantly on the crowd. So that was a little disappointing but it was a longshot idea anyway.

So here's my read of Allen. He seems relaxed and happy on the bench and on the floor. He is giving alot of verbal and physical direction on the floor, motioning to the team to be there and be here and hurry up and get back sooner etc. Seems very involved. Sometimes he listens to what Eddie Jordan has to say in the huddle and sometimes he doesn't and spaces out, like Sheed does.

Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can hear what is said in those huddles. The fans are definitely not close enough to the team to hear that stuff, at least not in Sac-town. There are layers of staff, assistant coaches, and organization between that team and you. Just something to think about if you ever spend as much as I did on a ticket like this. (This was a one time thing for me based on the worry that AI may retire without me ever getting this close again!)

Allen had a nice game. His leg seemed to be bothering him some. He reached down to massage it numerous times during free throws. I wonder how it's going to be between games for him. I think it's a good possibility that the continuance of his career will have to do with his ability to endure the continued pain and also whether the Sixers feel they can count on him to hold up. I feel really fortunate that he was healthy enough to play in this game. I would have been heartbroken if I'd not only lost the price of the ticket, but if his knee forced him out of the rest of the season.

There's certainly a fleeting feeling to seeing him out on the court now, as evidenced by the good amount of Iverson fans that came out to see him in Sacramento and the big hand he got from the Sacramento fans when he came out of the game with 1:00 to go even though it was clear the Kings would lose.It was like the audience was giving him a hand of veteran respect. Thanks for the show and all that.

Well, that's all from Sacramento. It was a ride well worth taking and and definitely worth every penny. I haven't been that close to a basketball game since I was a high school cheerleader and it completely confirmed to me that basketball is the most exciting game in the world!

16. BillLaimbeer

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How many guys have made the all-star game after retirement?

MJ, Magic... any others?

He'd be part of a good club.

18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

When does the voting end? Also, is anyone who is voting having any problems voting? I haven't tried to vote until today and the page didn't load correctly and then when it finally did there was no way to vote, no names were listed and there was seemingly no way for me to vote. I sent a note to the nba.com help people, but (rolling eyes here) that could take forever. I checked all things like popup blockers but I'm wondering if maybe voting is over or if they are just having problems. Anyone else experiencing this?

19. BillLaimbeer

Did you enroll as an NBA all-access member?

20. max

max All-Star

Kin - That's a very good recap. Can almost visualize what was going on as if I was there as well.