Hard 5 - Soft 8

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, May 25, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The problem with Dice though is he never gets calls and never will so he won't draw these charges. Even Rip said that if Ben gets the ball its much easier to win. I think we'll see ball movement and get a good flow like in Game 2. Dice would get owned by Shaq along with Sheed. Ben kept on drawing offensive fouls boxing out Shaq forcing him to hit 10 foot jump hooks. Dice couldn't do that and neither could Sheed as well as Ben.

2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I don't know if heart is something you're born with as much as a decision you make at some point in your life about what is important, and worth sacrificing for.

What micro said about 7 foot Euros also applies when you look at Isiah's career a Piston: there have been other small guards who are fast, with good handles and court vision, a decent jumper, and can drive the lane. But what Isiah did with the tools he had was simply off the charts. I put Ben in that category too. Darko? Based on what he's done so far, I just don't see him ever wanting it enough to get that much out of his potential.

3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i disagree. i think dice did well against shaq in our last regular season meeting. shaq is too big for ben and owns him too. the difference with mcdyess is that he will make shaq work on defense ben doesn't. mcdyess will be picking and popping shaq to death. i agree ben defends shaq better but i think the goal should be more tiring shaq out and getting him into foul trouble. i think mcdyess should be in to start on shaq and run him to death. i think we all agree that ben defends a tired shaq much better. just look at shaqs 2nd half stats. in the first half shaq owns whoever checks him so why not have mcdyess in going right back at shaq on the other end of the court.

yes. i'm sure ben getting the ball helps rip. the problem is ben messes up tay's post ups, sheeds post ups, chauncey's drives and rips layups. it's basically playing 5 on 5 helps the piston O. i just feel mcdyess getting the ball is better than ben getting the ball on O.

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

have you watched many orlando games?? darko was rejuvenated. the team turned around and many of the fans were calling for him to start. the guy has a natural desire to play defense. his offensive talent is just gravy. he's 21 remember that. even if darko only scratches his potential he'll be an all star in a few years. all defensive team in a couple of years. most improved player next year. the guy has the desire that's why he wasn't happy just rotting on the pistons bench collecting championship rings.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

What sucks though is the fact about the refs. Ben is the best defensive player, but I see him getting pretty lousy calls against him when he contests Lebron, D Wade, or Shaq. The way Dice gets calls he'd be getting fouls called on him if he looked at any of them. The Pistons have to pass the ball to Ben, but Ben has to keep rolling to the basket to make Shaq pay. If he keeps setting picks and then cutting Shaq will have to gaurd him sometime. Also I think the Sheed, Dice lineup works better with Alonzo in for Shaq bcause it keeps Alonzo out of the paint where he is much more dangerous than Shaq on the defensive side.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You missed the entire point lurker and I are making. In fact, based on a lot of the silliness you post, it's pretty obvious you wouldn't know basketball greatness or immortality if it sat on you.

The rest of your blather is pure speculation (All-star, Defensive Team). You're trying to prop him up above Ben who has actually done all of those things. Including the title where DMC's biggest contribution was breaking his hand on the rim and sparing us the sight of his ass getting owned in the 2004 Summer League.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Flip was sandbagging !

And BBJ you should have seen it.
    I think Darko will be as or more effective than Sheed, next season.
    But if Dyess comes out cold, he has to sit too. And his knees are unreliable.
    I think Flip was pushing BBens buttons, trying to see how good we could be without BBen on O. Yes BBen has issues there.
    But as long as BBen is here and there is a SHaq monster in the paint we need all the BBen we can get. That's our Acchilles heel and we need to cover it up. Now is not the time to strand BBen on O. That's not what he wants. And we saw how Darko quit when we stranded him. Team game period.
    Now, rally around the family, with "touches" in your pocket! :mad: