1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Harrington felt betrayed

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Zander, May 14, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It's good to hear his side of the events that took place... kinda helps close things out properly.
    Fans certainly deserve to exspress their opinions... but I don't think the average fan understands the impact of continuous negative response to a players confidence.... It's too bad Joey didn't get to experience the positive energy from a winning situation in the D.
    I just hope the fans give the next guy a fair shake and understand that new systems and new players will make mistakes...

I don't know many pro athletes that can perform at a top mental level when his own fans hate on him all the time... even Sheed couldn't handle it in Portland.
    It's more healthy to start off with lower expectations... not as much of letdown... there's hope for even the worst losing teams... GO TIGERS!

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree Merc. I'm very glad we finally got to hear his side of the story. I thought Marinelli was just trying to deflect things when he said it was his decision that Joey wouldn't be back.

Great article, but what was up with all the typos? A couple of words were spelled wrong several different times. Dri Bly? Fiancie? Uh... ok.