Harrington Video Posted by Moxie at the DNews

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Nov 14, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, that was just plain mean micro. Now you're forcing me to defend Joey.:doh:

In how many of those clips did Harrington have a lane to throw the ball? How many times, by the 3rd step of his 3 step drop, was he NOT being touched by a D player?

On the few plays shown that he did have time, how many times was his receiver open or running the right route?

I'm not saying he's perfect, but he is so far from the only problem on this team. I STILL think he can be a quality starting QB in this league. Mooch is a freaking bumb. Joey looked pretty good on Sunday, but he's still going to give Garcia the ball if healthy.

Ultimately, I want the Lions to win, no matter who the QB is. That's why I think its in our best interest that Joey does well. A (just turned) 27 year old, 3rd over all pick who is still under contract after this season, rather than a 35 year old who is on a 1 year deal. The potential benefit the Lions would get, even if just to increase his trade value, from Joey doing well far outweighs the temporary gain of having Garcia do well (assuming he does and we still actually have a chance of even making the playoffs this season, which doesn't look good).

Why can't we just enjoy our 1 TD win at home against one of the worst teams in the NFL?
    :laugh:
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

oh yes...

That brought back fond memories of many Sunday afternoons, wasted watching the Lions. I gave it up a few years ago, and I don't regret a thing.

At least when the Pistons were at the bottom with Bison and Company, they still seemed to be trying.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Jammer, Joey is my Darko. I'm thinking to start a JoeyHOF Club if they beat the Cowboys this weekend.

I just thought the video was funny for many reasons. You could almost call it the smoking gun on the receivers and o-line as well...
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well ok then... I forgive you. :P