Has McCosky Lost It Or Said Something Intelligent?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 26, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Best Flip Saunders quote ever...

"At halftime, Saunders pulled Nazr Mohammed and Rasheed Wallace aside and told them, "The three of us all have the same number of rebounds." "

:pound:
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Man! That's the best thing I've heard from him yet. He's starting to turn the corner for me. Let's get some exciting basketball going!
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound: Oh man, that's an instant classic!
  5. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

I suppose, with the current roster, the 12th man would be either Dupree, Amir, or a backup point (Blaylock?).

With Davis being injured (how did he get injured?), it leaves a spot on the 12 man roster for another big. It would have to be Amir until Davis is ready.

I'm sure Joe doesn't want Amir sitting on the end of the bench the whole year, however. Amir will definitely see some D-League action again this year. Anyone know our new affiliate?
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

He ran his best rebounder out of town...what does he expect at this point?

That's like being mad at Arroyo for dribblin out the shot clock....:rolleyes:
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

... which everybody was!
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sioux Falls Skyforce
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Just realized that in my premiere fantasy league competition, I am the only GM who actually has the real Pistons D-League team assigned to him. Maybe its an omen. :)

BTW. give McCosky another day and I'm sure he will return back to the realm of unintelligent, uninventive Detroit sports writers.
  10. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i wasn't.

arroyo wasn't dribbling out the shot clock when he first came. he was dropping dimes and changing the tempo from when chauncey was in the game. lb made arroyo into the dribbler wanting him to run the plays instead of just running that unstoppable pick and roll with mcdyess.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Here is some interesting stuff from McCoskey. If you remember, I mentioned that Eli Zaret ripped Delfino a new one after a game, and George Blaha did the company man thing and stuck up for him. This was around the time of the Delfino halftime special.

Anyway, this is what Chris has to say in his Blog that is not a Blog.

** Link **
  12. bball jay

the pistons org has no right to get upset about how any young player feels. they have treated the youth like crap for years while we've been playing for championships. so why do people expect that when a guy gets thrown 4 minutes of playing time after a couple of years that they will be playing like their life depended on it. delfino is honest with himself the pistons are not the only basketball team on the planet. we need to start treating our young players right and making them feel like they belong instead of thinking we are the only game in town or the mass exodus of young talent from the pistons will continue.

mccosky sucks.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dude, Delf got minutes under LB until he was hurt. He was made he didn't make the playoff roster, but he admits he wasn't 100%.

Last year, Delf got some decent minutes considering he really struggled to pick up the offense.

And this year, the Pistons have gone out of their way to market him. What McCoskey is saying, is that the ball is in Delf's court.
  14. bball jay

darvin ham admits that a 70% defino is better than a 100% darvin.

lb also rushed delfino back from injury and publicly made comments about him. delfino was in no way treated right under lb.

yeah. but delfino was defending wade, lebron, pierce very well so that should have earned him some minutes. i don't remember fino getting decent minutes i remember him racking up dnpcd's. evans really struggled to pick up the defense so where were his minutes coming from?? i feel delfino was mistreated because the guy getting minutes over him wasn't better than him.
    yup. lets see if flip keeps things up and lets delfino play through a couple of missed shots. i think this guy can be great for us if we put him in a position to succeed. we can't expect consistency from delfino if we aren't giving him the same thing. delfino speaks good english he just doesn't like the reporters and i see why.
  15. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

BINGO!!

FYI, we have NOT "treated the youth like crap for years." We happened to have "youth" who did not have the FIRE and could not TAKE minutes from anybody.

Weren't you one of the guys who dissed J-Max's game all summer long? You and 16? To hear you guys tell it, J-Max was headed for the Euro league if that. Splain to me how a J-Max and an Amir can "develop" without playing time but Delfino can't? What about Blalock? I can't wait for this one!

At this point, a mass exodus of one "young guy" might not be so bad.
  16. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

The year we won the championship we played the youth. Memo and Tay anyone?

Since then we've failed miserably in even attempting to develop talent and it will cost us unless Dumars is able to turn Amir into a stud or the Orlando pick into one.
  17. bball jay

there were no minutes to take. minutes on the pistons were set from the start of the season. there was also no oppurtunity to take minutes. when one of our young players would have a good game they were promptly returned to the bench with no oppurtunity for a repeat performance.

yet there were several vets that came in and instantly got minutes. the last few years there was no way to take minutes from anybody. they had to be given and if you are a young player on the pistons no coach was willing to give them.

don't forget tay couldn't TAKE curry's minutes he was put on the floor in desperation. you need oppurtunity.

yes. i still think jmax is the black hole. i never said he was headed to the euro league though. well they are in a totally different situation with the nbdl now for them to get playing time. i never said delfino couldn't develop. i just don't think delfino is the 4 minutes every 3 games and you get production out of him type of player. he needs consistency from the coaching staff for him to be a consistent player.

i don't think jmax and amir will develop without playing time. i think they will get better in practice and if they aren't given playing time in year two. those two will go the same way our other good young talent went to another team. i think darko developed while a piston we just didn't give him an oppurtunity to show it. the key isnt' to develop talent it's to reap the benefits of that developed talent and the pistons aren't doing that.

okur, smush parker, darko, arroyo. delfino wanted out but wasn't allowed.
  18. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

AJ will not sit at the end of the bench the whole year if he is on the active roster. I can guarantee that. Right now I would start him ahead of that Nomad Nazr. Zero rebounds at half. Hell, even Darko in his darkest days under lb for lb did better than that. I say start AJ and let Sheed guard the opposing center. Put Nazr on the 2nd unit with Dyess and JMax. That would be a heck of a second unit front court.

P.S. Flip can always bring in Nomad when AJ gets in foul trouble. That would probably still give Nomad at least 25 minutes a game to start with until AJ and the officials get to know each other.

Go Pistons

----------------------------------------------------------
    It ain't over until the doors are closed and the lights are turned off.
    :gun1:
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He should expect Nazr and Sheed to put more emphasis on rebounds now.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I don't think there's going to be a need to complain about young players not getting a shot.
    Amir is working on changing his shot release (higher like Sheed's) this is best done in a development league.... if he gets called back then it will be because of an injury. If he is buried on the bench it would be to keep competition from out bidding for his services... Will teams offer big contracts if he's under their radar? We may not like this but it still could be in our best long term interest.
    As for Blalock there's nothing unfair about sending the last pick in the draft to the D-League so he can get regular PT... his career won't be jeopardized from one year not being in our rotation.
    Maxiel & Delfino will get plenty of PT... if that stops it's because of their own lack of production....
    Adding two young players and two new players into the regular rotation is fairly aggressive for a contending team.