Heat/Bulls Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, they've gotten some breaks. At least a couple of Shaq's fouls were on very dicey calls, back in the first half. Bulls D in the second half on Shaq and Wade was terrific, and it looks like it's going to be enough for them to pull this one out, with Deng having a huge game.

2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

jesus...here we go with every call for wade from here on out

3. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

This is a fun game to watch - - especially Shaq fouling out. I think you are right on the bolded part and that makes me a little sad.

I'm rooting for the Bulls cause of Ben, but they're not going to be easy if it's them we see.

4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I agree. Nice to see Nocioni back on the court. Shaq just fouled out. Wade hit a ridiculous bank shot. This is going to be a very entertaining series. And yeah, it's nice to see the entertaining done by the East Coast teams for a chance. Love the physical play. So far reffing seemed "balancedly inept" with some very bad calls on both sides and I think calling the game too tight actually. I really really like the Bulls team, win or lose. They are just plain fun to watch to me.

The Bulls have made and had alot of things go right for them in this game. If they don't win it...it's not good for their prospects.

P.S. I forgot to say....I also cannot stand Wade. He's one of a few players in the NBA that I love to hate. I just love it when he looks sad.

5. Pwn Toney

man, these guys are so hoping for a miraculous MIA win

6. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

ugh... they are! so! annoying! they seemed flabbergasted any time a foul was called on Wade.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Bulls are doing everything they can to help Miami win by going ice cold on offense.

8. Pwn Toney

great job by the bulls today. this will build momentum for them in game 2 and they will still have the benefit of seeing what they did wrong and how Riley countered.

Big Ben = Earning the Dough

9. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

Good win by the BIG BEN Bulls.....very fun game to watch I just hope our boys come out with some intensity tonight

10. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I know David Stern is having some rolaids right now because his Cleveland vs. Miami conf finals series may be going up in smoke. Chicago is scary but I feel we can still beat them if we get back to defending.

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Weird game...I'm not sure how much of this is going to carry over into the other games. The Bulls played terrific D in the third, but then they gave up 29 in the 4th and were one Wade 3 away from a tie game in the final seconds. Riley will be working the refs like crazy over the next couple of days, and with some justification, certainly vis-a-vis Shaq. The next couple of games could easily play out very differently from this one--I don't necessarily mean in terms of the final score, but in terms of how the game flow ends up happening.

12. max

max All-Star

They called the game way too tight. Hopefully the league will review it and make some adjustments for game 2. I have to agree with Jon Barry in that there were too many offensive charge calls.

Overall the Bulls earned the win. Funny when you root for the Heat Wade is not so annoying anymore. I think the Pistons need to face the Heat.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

John Barry is the worst commentator. He sounded like an idiot.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think Shaq would foul out of every single playoff game against Ben Wallace if it was called fair. I can't believe the announcers said the only iffy call was the one where Shaq spun and put his elbow in Ben's face. That was the clearest foul of the 6.

Deng was on fire... but so was Walker. I though the Bulls would have a clearer advantage in this series. After watching this game, I'm not sure which team I'd bet on.

15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

It has always been a "no-call" when Shaq`s elbows are swung into Ben`s face. There must have been a rule change from Ronnie Nunn going into this offseason.

Shaq`s elbows only recieve a no-call when they wack a Piston player in the face.

Get it? Ben is a Bull now!

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Still can't decide who I want to win this series... we may match up with the Heat better... but the Bulls lack much playoff experience.
    I don't see how the Heat will contend with the Bulls athletisism... Chicago should win at the FT line.

17. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

" D " is the only premise, like what you did, man, I have also a big " if " with question, will they back to it ? They trend to open a big hole in the paint.

18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

this is going to be the most interesting series in the first round. The Bulls are a team that is quite like us and Wade doesn't seem to be himself.
    His should won't get better as the playoffs go on and even if the Heat should advance (which I doubt), he's going to be so tired in the next round that he'll slowly become a non- factor.
    I wonder why Skiles isn't trying to let Ben defend Shaq one on one. Everyone knows he can do that.

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chicago is a tough place to play. The Bulls will not be able to count on getting Shaq into foul trouble every game. The question becomes, can they continue to hold serve, and can they be effective in Miami.

It remains to be seen.

20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I hate both team so much.......wade is complaining about calls....what a girl he really is.