Heat/Bulls Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Man, these two game have been like music to my eyes.

2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Man, you're not kidding. He can't do anything right. Fortunately for the Bulls, Antoine obliged by throwing up a couple of ridiculous bricks while Duhon was on the floor.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

And now Antoine drains a 3 at the buzzer...Bulls still up 14 going into the 4th.

4. Pwn Toney

Boy did Walker travel on that 3 or what?

...sad part is...CHI won't be allowed to even look in Wade's direction in MIA the next two games.

5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Maybe not, but I think the officiating has been OK for the Bulls tonight. Way fewer fouls called on both teams, which helps Chicago because it lets them keep the pace going.

6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

LOL at TNT turning off their arena mic after the third round of "Posey sucks" chants.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Bulls struggled badly against that small Heat lineup, but it looks like they've weathered the storm now.

8. Pwn Toney

Hilarious...I've always been a big fan of the B***S***! chant. The networks can't control it and they always just try to ignore it like it's not happening.

9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Chicago is very impressive. Lights out shooting (seems to happen a lot with them), and scrappy defense.

10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Deng doesn't miss inside of 20 feet. Between him and Gordon, Miami's perimeter defense just isn't good enough to win this series with Wade and/or Williams having to be on the floor.

And a fantastic game from Ben tonight, even with only 6 rebounds.

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Low has officially left the Pistons for the Bulls.

This team is a lot like the hungry young team we had in 2001-2004.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't realize Posey was such dirty player until I saw those highlights of him leveling three bulls players. No wonder the Posey sucks chants :)

The Bulls are quicker than the "old" Heat and will probably take one of those down in south beach

I thinking that I would rather see the Pistons face the Bulls here and take our chances that we can contain either Gordon or Deng or they have at least 4 bad shooting nights.

I think if Heat comeback and win this series, it will give them more confidence and Stern would want that King James/Wade/Shaq> EC Finals. The Pistons have already over come questionable officiating in the Magic series so far, but we haven't seen anything yet if the Pistons play the Heat

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

We'll see what happens in Miami, but the Bulls have been able to win two different types of games here, one foul-filled slugfest and one sloppy but fast-paced shootout. I doubt that Gordon will be this hot every game, but it looks like the Heat have no answers for Deng, and the Bulls D has clamped down when they needed it. The Heat have been in this position before, of course, and managed to get out of it, but this looks like it'll be a pretty steep climb for them. Still, it's a whole new series if the Heat win both at home, so let's not write them off just yet.

14. Pwn Toney

Man, I'm lovin every minute of this series so far.

15. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Wow, if Chicago keeps playing like this and can steal one on the road in Miami can we beat these guys. I believe we can but the better question is can we muster up the energy to keep up with this team. Be afraid, be very afraid. I really hope we are watching these games so we can get the %%%% scared out of us. If we can defend homecourt we'll be ok but if we dont we may be out in 6.

16. Pwn Toney

I wouldn't quite say that, but I'm very happy with the way this is going.

17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Get ready for Chicago. I wanted Chicago more than Miami but now not so sure. The Heat are a shell of themselves with Wade at no more than 75%.

It is not that Chicago is hot. Miami can't stay with them in the open floor or for the entire shot clock. I told a friend after game 1 that if the Bulls got the same looks in game 2, lights out. They know they can get the looks so they are shooting in a zone.

This reminds me of when we beat the Lakers for the title. Remember Larry saying "Guys, we can get any shot we want", during game 1. Nothing changed in that series.

Anything can happen but how do you adjusts for a key injury to your star and lack of team speed?

18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, I don't know....I have a feeling this series isn't over just yet. But it's true that Wade isn't going to get back to 100% in the next few days, and the Bulls did show a lot of poise in both games.

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Bring on the Bulls. Wow, that would be one heck of a series. Flip would have to go 9 or 10 deep.

Skiles would make sure they run the Pistons ragged. C-Webb and Sheed would be fatigued by the second quarter.

One thing is certain, the jumpers would not be falling each and every game, however the Bulls quickness, and agressive offense (attacking the basket) will be a nightmare for the slow of foot Pistons.

Our only hope would be to get Deng, Nocioni, Gordon and Heinrich to play some defense and get into foul trouble.

20. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I disagree. Going 1-on-1 against those defenders and Skiles's rotations would just lead to bad shots and turnovers, which fuel the Bulls fastbreak. The weak point in their defense is Ben Wallace's weak man defense and PJ Brown's lack of mobility – slow the game to a crawl and ram a steady diet of postups and pick-and-rolls down their throat until they're forced to go zone and then open up the perimeter game.

And God help the Pistons' halfcourt defense. Maybe Lindsey can loan Chauncey and Tayshaun some diet pills…