Heatles or The Last Roundup . . .

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, May 27, 2011.

?

Heat or Mavs

Poll closed May 31, 2011.
  1. Heat in 7

4.8%
  2. Mavs in 7

9.5%
  3. Heat in less than 7

33.3%
  4. Mavs in less than 7

52.4%
  1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

HAPPY DAY!

Today, Lebron is still filthy rich and we still aren't. But we ALL woke up without an NBA championship ring. The difference is that the rest of us didn't expect one.

Enjoy your day everyone.

[​IMG]
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was the arrogance of it all. You have to wonder if even Pat Riley was surprised or could he see the writing on the wall after the Mavs went up 3-2?

Most of the so called media experts (Skip Bayless, Chris Broussard, Tim Legler, G Anthony, M. Jackson and Scottie Pippen:) were equally surprised thinking this was a slam dunk after game 1 and the Mavs were just lucky to get game 2.

Not to provide Lebron with any excuses, but the media actually doomed him from game one blaming him for even the close wins. Dude was under to much pressure and you could see it in his demeanor on the floor. The series changed when he and Wade celebrated that 3 by wade in front of the Mavs bench in what game 4? or was that game 2?? Either way it fueled the Mavs to get it going.

Did the Heat choke?? Nope... lets just give the credit to the Mavs for being the better TEAM as the Pistons were vs the superstar laden Lakers of 2004 and the same media had to question their so called expert analysis then.
  4. LA Dre

The Miami Herald advertising sales rep needs to give Macy's back the money that they paid for this add. And more importantly now it appears that Macys and the other company the NBA and Heat licensed to make the Miami championship T-Shirts and Caps can send that apparrel down to Anartica or the United Nations to distribute that apparel some place where it will never show up on a TV screen..............:MusicBigGrin:

[​IMG]
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

-ESPN (Steve Kerr article)
  6. Darth Tater

Kudos to the 11 who predicted this outcome. Great call. I never would have imagined it possible!

I wonder what they are saying on the Heat forums. Probably whining but I wonder who they are blaming? Players who they have? The need for a supporting cast? Coaches? Officiating?

They must be in shock. Devastated. Depressed.

I like the NBA better than I did a week ago. Not much. But better.

[​IMG]
  7. LA Dre

If Cuban decides not to get rings for his crew, does he contact Sheed to find out who designed The belt
    Dallas Mavericks Mark Cuban owner gets bleeped, may nix championship rings - The Early Lead - The Washington Post

8. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think such a forum exists because that would involve real fans, not fairweather bandwagoners.
  9. LA Dre

Maybe the Heatforum ites are wondering if this starts a trend where they are clearly the best team and but they lose in game six of the finals for the next two years and they want to get rid of their coach and then complain when their GM trades away Wade for AI??:sssh:
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Woj's take:
    Perseverance pays off for Nowitzki, Mavs - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

12. Darth Tater

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Who or how?

'Who' is probably looking for new job right now
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dett, you better hope Bron's mom doesn't see any of your webart !
    To the BBall guys that saw Mavs as the much better team - kudos. I think their road to the finals was a little tougher/volitile. But the Heat is a power franchise now.
    Now for the luuzas that threw in with the King yet couldn 't see he was naked, perhaps you were misguided by the media hype. Heatles in less than 7, let me say this : bold
    BillLaimbeer, CloudWalker, Darth Tater, max, PistonFanInCavsTown, Ryder, TaShawn
    dang TaS I thought you knew better
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was afraid of jinxing it for the Mavs. I never vote for what I want to have happen.
  18. LA Dre

19. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

What The Miami Heat Taught Us About Fascism (And Maybe Cat Sex, Too)
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I found this article better:

One Morning In Dirkland: A Game 6 Report From A Bar In Germany

David Vranicar[​IMG]
    DÜLMEN, Germany
    One of the very, very few places to watch NBA basketball in the German city of Dülmen – or any neighboring city – is a bar called Wohlfühln, owned by a pair of German guys who care too much about American basketball. Last night, they were more busy than usual.
    I'm originally from the U.S. but ended but up here, in the western state of North Rhine-Westfalia, because of my girlfriend's friend's wedding. I've been burned more than once by shoddy online streams, so I figured it was best to watch the game at a bar. There weren't a lot of options, so Wohlfühln it was. (My girlfriend mercifully accepted my invitation to act as translator.)
    Their basketball-watching parties are usually more like private showings, desolate gatherings comprised wholly of friends and other oddballs. But by virtue of Dirk Nowitzki's presence, Game 6 of the NBA Finals was the biggest basketball event in the history of Germany. As such, last night's game – this morning's game, really – was the closest thing basketball has ever had to mass appeal in Germany.
    For one night, Wohlfühln, which is about 240 miles from Nowitzki's hometown of Würzburg, could have been mistaken for a typical American sports bar. Flat screens glowed from all corners, Mike Breen's voice wafted through the speakers. Nowitzki jerseys dotted the crowd, and guys talked lustfully about the Heat cheerleaders. It was, for Wohlfühln, pandemonium.
    "I don't think a lot people really care about basketball," says the owner, a 30-something guy named Oliver. "Basketball is not very famous in Germany. But because of Dirk, people care."
    Or at least it seemed that way. During a Heat run, someone shouted, "%%%% you, Miami!" When the Mavericks scored the joint erupted — even if Dirk wasn't the scorer. And at the bar a pair of St. Pauli Girl-blonds wearing Nowitzki jerseys sipped oversized German beers.
    Oliver, who bounced around all night wearing a Nowitzki's Mavs jersey plus long baggy shorts and high-tops, has shown every NBA playoff game this year. There have been an average of about 10 viewers. The six-hour time difference between the U.S. and Germany doesn't help – Game 6 tipped off at 2 a.m here – but more than that is the country's longstanding disinterest in basketball, which is at best a second-tier sport, probably about as popular as handball. And just like the rest of Europe, all other sports take a backseat to soccer. But Dirk brought everyone out tonight.
    "Of course this is a big deal because Nowitzki is the first German in the NBA," says a patron named Benjamin. (This at best a half-truth – Shawn Bradley and Detlef Schrempf are a few of the Germans who preceded Nowitzki, even if no one in Germany noticed.) "With Dirk in the Finals basketball is more important than it has been. We've had other sports get popular for short periods – poker, tennis. But this is even more popular because of Dirk."
    Yesterday morning's Finals game revealed why Germans have been slow to embrace this sport: they keep comparing it to soccer. Accustomed to commercial-free broadcasts, every ad was met with groans, prompting one patron to say, "There is more ‘whoa' in my glass of beer than in this game," which may or may not be German sarcasm. And toward the end of the night, as Miami lobbed brick after brick at the basket, the guys at my table debated whether or not it is more difficult to make a shot in basketball or get a goal in soccer.