Heatles or The Last Roundup . . .

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, May 27, 2011.

?

Heat or Mavs

Poll closed May 31, 2011.
  1. Heat in 7

4.8%
  2. Mavs in 7

9.5%
  3. Heat in less than 7

33.3%
  4. Mavs in less than 7

52.4%
  1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That loss almost vindicates the Pistons meltdown against the Spurs. However this is game 2. they can regroup. Pistons were out of bullets/gas/fuel/oil/time...NBA championship.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The way I see it Dallas better eat their Wheaties, drink their Red Bull, kiss the Blarney Stone, knock on wood, say some prayers and mean them....whatever gets them up for game 3 because you can bet the Heat are feeling mighty crunchy for letting game 2 slide away.

Sure Dirk made some great plays, but he was being guarded by players that were drenched from head to toe in the gatorade that they decided to pour all over themselves after that DWade corner three.

This could very well end up being 3-1 Heat going back to Miami if the Mavs don't play better than they have so far in this series.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I think they play the next 3 in Dallas....Series could be over before they make it back to Miami...one way or another....

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

with this 2-3-2 game 3 is the decider. jet and peja need about 15 each.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The 2-3-2 format is very unique. It kind of feels like the home team only needs to split the first 2 games and then take 1 of the next 3 to have a chance to win it.

The Mavs could roll these next 2 games and everyone would be handing them the title, but if the Heat win game 5 they'll go home for 6 and 7.

6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:doh:

Oh yea...thats right.

This whole thing has felt so much less like a playoff bracket and more like a Miami victory parade that I totally forgot about 2-3-2.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You have to win the games no matter where they are played. Remember in '90 after the Blazers split the first two in Auburn Hills. All the Portland folks said this series won't even go back to Detroit. They were correct. Irregardless of the location, [STRIKE]unless they get screwed by the officials,[/STRIKE] the team that plays the best will win the series.

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

First half thoughts-

• Mike Miller looks foolish out there. I'd call fouls on him every chance I had.

Imagine James and Wade playing alongside Amare instead of this Bosh fella. He's letting them down bigtime. First the stupid defensive gamble in game 2 and now he can't hit an open jumper.....wow.

I don't like that Wade/Kidd corner foul on the baseline. Kidd jumped sideways into Wade who was above Jasons shoulders. He could have seriously injured Dwyane.

I know, I know.....like Dwyane injured Rajon Rondo....but still. I don't like that play.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

3rd quarter has been exciting. Nice run by the Mavs.

10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

• The Mavs can really do this.
    • I'm a little mystified to see this series playing out like this.
    • Not only is Miami not getting calls....but Dallas is definitely getting the benefit of the whistle.
    • The more aggressive offensive team that doubles up their opponents in points in the paint usually is leading in the foul count, but Dallas is hitting the penalty first and going to the line off of defensive rebounds calls like crazy. Meanwhile Chandler was allowed a ton of leeway.......if he is the standard absolutely no fouls should be called on rebounds, on either end.

Meanwhile Kidd and Marion are most definitely playing James and Wade like they played Westbrook and Durant. In the NFL it would be pass interference, but Dallas is being allowed to play this style. The Mavericks are being given a chance to win this unless the games start being called a different way.

• Scottie Pippen must be rooting for the Mavs :)
    • That "better than Jordan" stuff was the kiss of death. How can Lebron be better than Michael when he's not even the best player on his team?

Anybody catch the look on Riles' face during that last Miami timeout?
    He wasn't even looking at me and I was just a little ashamed of myself for some reason.......
    Eric is definitely out of a job if the Heat doesn't win this year.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mavs were out pointed in the paint 40-22. To many jumpers outside the arc when they didn't need it. They were getting calls when they went to the paint, but just because they hit a few threes, does not mean you got to stay out there and hoist them.

The Mavs are starting to look like the 05 Pistons who probably could have won that finals if they had attached the paint more instead of having Sheed resting out beyond the arc.

The Heat took their fair share of three balls, but they were still aggressive enough to attack the rim.

I only saw the second half, so can't speak as to what the defensive sets were, but now Carlisle has to come up with a game plan to get some other players involved more than Dirk.

12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

looking back at this game...this might be a bigger throwaway than game 2.

Every time the Heat built a lead whistles started blowing. Dallas was practically being handed this game, and they couldn't seize it.

I hope they make adjustments and come out better in game 4 or this entire series could go down in history as more of a laugher than the last Heat/Mavs finals.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Anyway Erns, looks like winner of game 3 will win game 5 so its a moot point.
    You should get the bene of calls at your house. Try that stuff in Miami.

14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wade is such a great player, incredible. I wonder how long he'll be able to keep his athleticism.
    About the game; whistles were pretty much in favour of the Mavs, still, they couldn't make it. Barea played pretty badly, and no one really went to the paint. Just throwing it to Dirk and waiting for his awesome fade away to hit his target every time won't win you games.
    My favourite is Chandler. This dude is really a game changer in his way. Enormous presence below the rim, excellent rebounder and shot blocker, plus, he brings intensity to the game. This is the kind of C I'd love to see in the middle of the Pistons starting unit.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who knew the Matrix could also be a Lebron stopper?

Who thought calls would actually favor the Mavs?

Who would have thought that if 1 and 2 were true the Mavs would still lose?

16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

One of the bloggers (Jeff Fogle) I follow pointed out that both the Mavs win and this game was a tie until the final seconds and Miami scored exactly the same amount of points per possession. Try to figure out that from the headlines! Miamis brilliant strategy of attacking the rim was just as successful as the disasterous 3-point heaving strategy.

17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

These Mavs are done. Stick a fork in it. Booo!
    :mad: :gaah:

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't be so sure. I thought the same thing when they were up 2-0 against the Lakers...

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The only chance that Dallas has if articles such as this one ignites some sort of alpha dog pissing match between James and Wade.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They only lost by 1 point and both Wade and Lebron hit some big 3's.