Heatles or The Last Roundup . . .

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, May 27, 2011.

?

Heat or Mavs

Poll closed May 31, 2011.
  1. Heat in 7

4.8%
  2. Mavs in 7

9.5%
  3. Heat in less than 7

33.3%
  4. Mavs in less than 7

52.4%
  1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Coach puts in Berea two games ago and the Mavs win both. Last night he scores 17 points. Dallas is just doing a good job on LeBron. He's just decided to defer when the double team shows up. Haslim didn't score any 2nd half points last night...now theres a story. Miami could still win this in 7 games...and only ONE person predicted that. Hope THAT doesn't happen...:)

I DO feel bad for all those who picked the HEAT in less than 7 games...:pound:

BillLaimbeer, CloudWalker, Darth Tater, max, PistonFanInCavsTown, Ryder, and TaShawn

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I am SO VERY HAPPY to have missed that, Next I hope that the Heat make all of us look like total morons for picking them. :pound:

I still think it's going to the Heat. One of those legendary comeback stories. Lebron wouldn't let this chance slip by. He is the blah blah blah...

It seems at least 905 of us despise the Heat team. Roscoe, is there any chance of painting the forum Maverick colors for the next couple of days to get some more team spirit and excitement??? You know, a blue and silver out (or whatever their colors are).

Subliminal message alert:
    Notice that I called you Roscoe instead of Rascoe to show you great respect since I am trying to get you to do something.

3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, the way it's set up now is either a gigantic failure or an epic turnaround. Imagine the media if Wade isn't fit enough to play the final two games and James fights thru the pressure and goes off for something like 55-12-14 times two to win the championship. I can already see Taters "I predicted it before the season"-post.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or Dre's "I waited until after the All-Star break to make my evaluations but I got it right, too" post. :) :boink:

5. Darth Tater

Nah, not me. I'm the first one to point it out when I make a bad guess.

It isn't one of those things I ever even think about when I'm not online with it in my face, like I do with other sports teams or leagues, but I will feel quite vindicated if the Heat lose because when I do think about it it definitely brings up strong feelings.

I was laughing at people who even thought Dallas or anyone had a chance to beat the Heat. I would have laughed if they even thought Dallas could win three games. If Dallas can pull this off I think it would be such poetic justice even though I am nobody to judge the Heat.

Go Mavericks!

6. Mogilny

Sounds like the words from a guy with 70 percent chance of losing. :stirthepot:

7. Darth Tater

From your lips to God's ears...

8. Darth Tater

I love this part:

These Dallas Mavericks go to great lengths to mess with him, hurling insults and insinuations with regularity that they never would’ve dared with different superstars. Why? Because they believe it messes with his mind. They believe the words will fester within him, keep him thinking when he ought to be reacting. Terry says James can’t guard him, and so far he’s been right. DeShawn Stevenson(notes) essentially called him a quitter in Game 4. Shawn Marion(notes) appeared to call him much worse on the floor, too.

LeBron teeters on ultimate Finals failure - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm so happy that this statistic is relevant right now:

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WAHOO-WAH!!

11. Mogilny

If Joe had drafted Wade we would have been the Detroit Tristons by now and this thread would have been a tragedy. He deserves some credit for dodging this bullet.

12. Darth Tater

Joe gets absolutely NO kudos for NOT drafting Wade.

I wish Wade WERE on the Pistons. Look, I'm rooting against him big time but mostly because I despise Lebron and that team as a whole. I'm not giving Dumards any credit for screwing up with that worthless P.O.S. Darko. Don't you get me started on THAT, Mowgli.

[​IMG]

13. Nemo

Wade came up big in 2006 and in this year's finals. I'd love to think of him as a Piston.......

14. Mogilny

You guys don't seem to get the bigger picture. Wade assembled The Big Three. We would have had to take LeBron and Bosh too. This team would have been a mess.

15. Nemo

Whole different mood in Detroit than in Miami. He was destined to become the personality that he is by living down there.

In Detroit, he woulda been a leader/team player who eats White Castles and drinks

faygo Orange while kicking back at Chene Park....

16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

17. Mogilny

You guys realize it was a joke, right? Or am I the one being leveled? The good ol' "we know he's joking, but we'll counterjoke by answering like he didn't joke"-trick? As a poker player I know the importance of being one level ahead and the failure in being two levels ahead of the other guys thought process - "He knows I'm bluffing alot in this spot" = bluffing don't work, "He knows I know he knows I'm bluffing alot in this spot" = bluffing works, "He knows I know he knows I know he knows I'm bluffing alot in this spot" = bluffing don't work.

18. Nemo

I'm gonna guess that this is just bad gossip. LeBron always draws talk, gossip, and controversy. Kinda like a Paris Hilton...

Rashard Lewis recently announced that he is engaged to girlfriend Giovanni Fortes.

19. Mogilny

AKA LeBrons girlfriend?

20. Nemo

Savannah Brinson is LeBron's girlfriend. She's very popular because she's very supportive of Lebron

I don't see her as doing something like this...