Heatles or The Last Roundup . . .

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, May 27, 2011.

?

Heat or Mavs

Poll closed May 31, 2011.
  1. Heat in 7

4.8%
  2. Mavs in 7

9.5%
  3. Heat in less than 7

33.3%
  4. Mavs in less than 7

52.4%
  1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm assuming that there is nothing factual about 'Shard joining Delonte West in the "Sleeping with the Important Women in LeBron's Life" club but I like the fact that it is being talked about and possibly taking focus away from #6.

I don't think that I've ever wanted a team to lose more than I want the Heat to lose this series. Aside from seeing Juwan Howard get a ring, I see nothing remotely redeeming about the Heat winning a championship.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Man, Nemo is really up on the players girlfriends. He's like a walking US Weekly.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I got your back, Mogs. It was my kind of humor.
  4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I picked Miami a few months back and now they are in trouble. I noticed the lack of coaching experience the last series with Chicago. The offense tried to pound it into the teeth of the Chicago defense. There was little fluidity but they got by.

The lack of offensive purpose has caught up to them. Bron is in a funk and has been since game two. The offense has had him as a passer. For two games, he would pass up shots to get the ball to someone, often leading to a turnover. And then, his shot was gone and his flow was gone. Dallas shoots threes the whole game while they mix in drives and drives and kicks. Miami's offense seems to have no design or purpose. Dallas zones them and they don't shoot over the top. Dallas gets out on the ball and they don't backdoor them and make them pay.

Sure, you have a watered down league and Miami is playing without an effective point guard or center. But they are starting to break down even on defense. Some of the issue is the lack of a big inside who can take on the penetrators. But some of it seems to be poor coaching. Marion has turned to the right 4 or 5 times down low the last two games and they do no force him left. Terry also wants to go right and they do not lay on his shooting hand.

Coaches really matter the last two rounds. Piston fans understand that as they saw what happened in 2007. The Miami team looked on their heels on defense in game 5 and they are playing offense in a straightjacket.

Yes, the refs have called a lot of fouls down low on Miami--Chandler has had a free hand. And the charge block rule is a travesty in the NBA not just in this series. It allows a less athletic player to clog up an athletic player taking away an exciting play. Bad defense is rewarded. Wade got hurt on one such blocking move. But Miami's problem has been the lack of adjustments in the series. And Piston fans have seen this before.
  5. max

max All-Star

Even better - he drafted Stuckey aka - the fake D Wade.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The genious is oozing out of Joe and we're not even noticing it. The dude is gifted. Has NOBODY ELSE noticed that his popcorn tub is ALWAYS full, but you NEVER see it refilled? Stuff the magic popcorn. The thing of legends.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Nah...didn't know any of that stuff. Just looked it up to see which way the rumor might go.

I'm like Darth...I try to at least sound intelligent.
  8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If The Zen Master were the Heat coach right now he would take advantage of the long break until game 6 and give LeBron a LeatherBound edition of Where the Red Fern Grows with the instructions to read it twice before Sunday and a bye from practices, shoot arounds, and media availability.

In that time LeBron would find his center and start playing without fear again. Miami wins both games at home and Phil gets another ring.

I wonder if Riley is more apt to coach the team himself or align with PJax, convincing him to not only surpass Red, but blow the previous record away.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

You think we WANT to see the Axis of Evil win this series?

BTW I came around when Miami was up 2-1 and the Dallas crowd started to believe our "the fix is in" theory.

http://www.pistonsforum.com/nba-stuff/11503-heatles-last-roundup-3.html#post272000

Who knew the refs would play even remotely fair?

Perhaps Stern wanted James to go to New York, and this is his revenge. :stirthepot::stirthepot:
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I want the Mavericks to take the above post and shove it right down my throat.

Revised:Heat in 7

Make me eat that one too Mavericks. I'm still hungry.

Really guys, I don't see the Heat losing this. I just don't. Not in the cards. The stars aren't aligned right. The off season cannot be THAT enjoyable.

Riley hoists the trophy.
  11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Whats 1 title with Spoelstra when they can repeat (Threepeat?) at least twice with Riley or Jackson?

If they lose next year after a championship this year Eric isn't necessarily GONE.

Losing this year will get the coach all but shot in the street.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gossip/rumors concerning players wives, lovers and mothers can always distract a key player in big games and put undo pressure on them....Delonte west caused the Cavs to fall to the C's last year as Lebron kept seeing visions of the two of them every time he went up for a shot....didn't help that Celtic fans showed signs and tshirts with the two lovebirds when he was at the FT line.

Pau Gasol disappeared in this years playoffs when Kobe's wife was accused of getting his fiancé to break off with him.

If we can get start a rumor of me and Wades' girlfriend Gabriel Union seeing each other, that may distract Wade enough to lose his concentration in game 6 and increase my street cred........of course Mrs. Dre would have to be in on the rumor...:sssh:
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm just glad we're not talkin Kobe Fakers Philip Garnet Celts Bulls Jordan...
  14. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"Where the Red Fern Grows" I remember crying my eyes out watching it.
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

NBA Finals 2011: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade feign illness ... at Dirk Nowitzki's expense? - ESPN Dallas
    These guys are cool. :rolleyes:
  16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if Spoelstra wasn't sent packing if the Mavericks win this.

In between blowing a 2-1 series lead these guys can't even act right.

There is no way Riley can be pleased with how this stuff is being played out.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I can see Riles in Spolestra ear, but if they lose it's on the players.
    They've had 90 games to figure this out.
    I the Bron's lose, can we remove the "King" label ?
  18. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Since the 2-3-2 format for the Finals went into place, there's been 7 previous finals where the away team has led 3 games to 2 after five games...

Three times the home team has won both games to win in seven games...

Four times the away team closed out the championship run in six games.

So far...the away team (this time..Dallas) has never lost game 6 and come back to win game 7...
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, I'd say it's about a coin flip at this point.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So, you are saying there is no sense watching game 7? :stirthepot: