Here is what I think is going to happen:

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jul 2, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

alright, first, lets get one thing straight - the goal is to trade rip for a legitimate center. its highly unlikely that we gave gordon all that money to come off the bench. the real stars - bosh/mare/etc. - we aren't going to be able to get for rip hamilton. did you see how much pheonix was asking golden state for mare!? yeah, its not gonna happen. so i think that we are going to set our sights on the likes of boozer and chandler. both have expiring contracts, so they'll be playing their tails off, and we'll still be able to go after the big boys at the end of the season (bosh/mare).

rip for boozer makes sense for utah because it would give them enough cap space to resign the guy they really desire to resign anyways in paul milsap. it might also have a chauncey to denver-like impact on their squad. think about it - deron, rip, ak47, milsap, okur. thats not a bad lineup at all. rip for chandler makes sense for new orleans because they really, really dont want to pay chandler what hes set to earn next season. rips contract is more reasonable. he also gives them a legitimate #2 to cp3 for the next 3 or 4 seasons. hes an all-star. he'd put some butts in the seats. help them win some games.

so, here's what we're most likely gonna end up with:

C: Boozer/Chandler, Brown
    PF: Villanueva, Maxiel
    SF: Prince, Daye
    SG: Gordon, Afflalo
    PG: Stuckey, Bynum

then next year we upgrade at center with bosh or mare. should be able to sell them as this team would probably make it to the ECF...even with orlando/boston/and cleveland making improvements.

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Doesn't sound too bad in either case. But as I said in my previous posts, Boozer is going to be nearly impossible to pull through due to Utah's financial constrains. They cannot take on Rip's contract.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

THANK-YOU!!! Why and the heck can't these people get this!!!!!! Rip for Boozer is a wash financially the JAZZ WON"T DO IT!!!!! They need FINANCIAL RELIEF not for the sake of having cap space, but the owners are trying to save MILLIONS of dollars in a recession, the revenue for the 2009/2010 season is going to decrease big time, nobody is trying to be in Lux Tax territory this year.

4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

But now that he is signed with them the TRADE has to be within 25%!! You can't trade him for something much less.

When he wasn't signed you could do that but now that he has not opted out; contracts have to be close.

Am I wrong here???

5. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

no, you are not. they can't just give him away for a bench player that makes 2 million bucks a year. it has to be almost equal contracts. rip's currently making a lot less than boozer is. if they wanted to save money, that would be about the best they could hope for in terms of moving boozer. then if they can still retain milsap idk, probably depends on how high the highest offer gets.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yes.
    Another example: Right now let's say Port wanted Boozer, they have about $10M in cap space, they could send a player making about $3M to Utah and take Boozer back in exchange. Portland would still be under the cap by a hair and Utah would save $9,000,000 that they could spend on Millsap and stay out of Lux Tax territory. Port would never do it because they have no desire for Carlos.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!

8. mikhail1973

Rip's contract is for $10.3 mil. Boozer's is for $12.7 mil. Utah is already over the cap before signing Millsap. They can't take on Rip's contract and sign Millsap and stay under the cap. That is why this deal is a no go.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So can we all agree to close the Boozer to Pistons transaction deal and find another big defender to pine over?

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The real reason I like Boozer is because his contract will expire, and we can have a few $$$$ to spend next summer, which is key because after that we'll have to pay Rodney Stuckey and we won't have the flexibility, we need Capp Spayce again NEXT SUMMER to add the final piece.

11. mikhail1973

We could. But I wonder who would that be?

12. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

I think the complication with Chandler is that we would probably like to keep him in 2010 but then that would cause issues with potentially picking up Chris Bosh. I would rather have a front court long term of Bosh and Chandler than Villanueva and Chandler.

13. LA Dre

Now that Ariza has decided to skip going back to LA, and is leaning and looking at the Cavs, I wonder what our chances were of getting Ariza as opposed to CV? I am thinking Ariza probably wanted to at least go to another contender if he was leaving the champs.:sssh:

Cavs also looking at Artest too. probably won't work with Shaq on the team, but a swap of Artest and Tay would put us back in the top 3- 4 in the east.

14. bmill

bmill First Round Draft Pick

Just a question. Where are these Tyson Chandler rumors coming from. I know he is likely to be moved but some people are talking like there are "sources" reporting that their already discussions about acquiring him. Are there any links or anything like that?

15. LA Dre

The guys on 97.1 the ticket has been [strike]screaming [/strike]speculating it all afternoon..

Detroit's 97.1 The Ticket - Jay Towers & Bill McAllister Mornings click on listen live

also the Hornets forum is speculating it too HornetsReport.com | Forums - Pistons interested in Chandler?