Here's how we build a CHAMPION!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Apr 23, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

Here's the deal:

#1) Do not waste cap-space this off-season. The answer to our problem resides in next off-season's free agent class (real stars), not in the likes of Carlos Boozer, Ben Gordon, etc. So, we're just going to have to think long-term, suck it up and struggle through another season of 'development.'

#2) It sounds like Amare Stoudemire is going to be leaving the suns, and he's already expressed a desire to sign here, so I think that we've got him if we want him. That's a great place to start, as he'd be the perfect compliment to a fast-break style offense based around Rodney Stuckey's talents.

#3) In 2010 LeBron James is either going to resign with cleveland or he's going to sign with the knicks. Either Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh will be joining him. If its Dwayne Wade, then we're going to have a real shot at Chris Bosh. Him and Mare would make a great frontcourt combo!

#4) If Chris Bosh does join LeBron (probably the most likely scenario), then we go after Joe Johnson. In addition to being a super-star wing in his own right, he's one of the few players in the league that matches up well against LeBron defensively. The Hawks might not be able to match a) our maximum contract offer, or b) our legitimate shot at beating LeBron.

So, this plus two decent 1st round picks in 09' and 10' is our starting lineup:

C: Stoudemire, ???
    PF: ???, Maxiel (A. Johnson's going to be an UFA in 2010)
    SF: J. Johnson, Sharpe
    SG: Hamilton, Afflalo
    PG: Stuckey, Bynum
    6th: Prince

Maybe we could package Amir Johnson and Tayshaun Prince to get another decent big, or a draft pick high enough to get another decent big this off-season?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Welcome to the board.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome Blue

Like I indicated in another thread, we can make three families happy by shipping Amir and Tay home to the LA Clippers for home boy Chris Kaman. At 7 ft, Kaman is a decent big if he stays healthy...then use the draft or free agency to replace Tay.
  4. max

max All-Star

Welcome and strong 1st post.

There is going to be a lot of exciting things happening over the summer. I am not a big fan of waiting until 010 as the rest of the league is doing that as well.

See who is out there. See what trades can be made. Stoudemire may be trade able for pretty cheap and take a chance that he will re-sign.
  5. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

thanks for the compliments guys, this looks like a much more active pistons forum than the one i came from (paspn.net).

#1) Can Chris Kaman run the court well? In the upcoming years, I think that we will be moving to more of a fast-break style attack in order to compliment the skills of our best young player - rodney stuckey. That's why I like the idea of adding athletic players like Stoudemire and Johnson so much. I can't say that I've seen a whole lot of Kaman though - can he run? If so, I like the idea of that move.

#2) There will be a lot of teams tryng to sign ONE MAX contract player next off-season. But we will be one of two or three teams that is going to be able to sign two (the cavs and the knicks). Think Orlando trying to grab both Grant Hill and Tim Duncan or Tracy McGrady back in the day. It's easier to land two superstars on the premise of playing together than just one.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If the Suns have money problems then a trade for Stoudamire may be possible this summer where DET sends out the flotsam of Amir or Max for him due to the cap space.

I see Joe taking Shaq on for some reason.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Max and Amir would be good for the alley oop fest out there.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Agreed. I also think Amare will do a good job setting screens for Rip plus with his recent eye injury he probably won't be able to see Stuckey plow into everyone en route to an offensive foul(s).
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound:
  10. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Amare to Detroit would be amazing.