High School Girl Drops 113

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by Abe Froemen, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

2. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

In 1974 a Swedish 13-year-old named Mats Wermelin supposedly scored all 272 points in a shutout win against another team. How this is even possible within youth league time limits is beyond me, but it's in the Guiness Book. I was 11 at the time and what I remember most was really wanting to take a crack at old Mats and see how he handled some American competition.

3. Laimbeer_84

Laimbeer_84 Second Round Draft Pick

Great personal achievment but very questionable sporstmanship from both the coach and the player. She sounds completely full of herself and not too respective of both the game of BBall or her opponent:mad:. It's appalling that the coach let her do this to the other team. What kind of teacher of the game doesn't teach sportsmanship or have respect for the players and coach of the other team. For more insight check this article from ESPN's Wojnarowski: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojnarowski_adrian&id=2316846&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Also I don't know if everyone out there saw this link which was in the original article, but its got other amazing single game performances from High School and College BBall players. Lisa Leslie, as referred to in the above article, was able to accomplish a much more profound feat. This is a must read article! http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/060124

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Actually, it's unquestionably poor sportsmanship from the coach. Terrible example being set here.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Did you hear what SNL said about what this girl did?
    "She scored all that against this years Knicks."
    Since the other team only scored 37; this chick must to have been just running up and down the court in her own world. WWWWHHHEEEEEEE!!!