History of Player Introductions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 15, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From AOL's Uber sports Blog environement, The Fanhouse, link courtesy of DetroitBadBoys.com

Cool to see the Pistons' intros featured twice.

Stand and Cheer: The History of NBA Player Introductions | Detroit Pistons Blog - The FanHouse

Love this comment,

The Final Countdown intros would bring a chill to my spine. I love the new intros, but the Bad Boy Piston intros were so special. That team captured the souls of their fans.
  2. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

The old intros were great I agree 1000% In one of my old posts somewhere I mentioned I get goosebumbs when they play final countdown, the Palace still gets super loud when they play it.
    My buddy use to say Joooooe Duuuuuuuumars every time he made a shot playin pickup games.

On a side note Mason is going to be the announcer for the all-star game. Our Pistons will get a little love when they enter the game no doubt about it. I hope when he does the intros as they come down the stairs he saves a little somethin special for Rip and Billups!
  3. max

max All-Star

Never went to game pre-1993 so I can't comment.

Currently we do have one of the best, if not the best, shows in the NBA. Especially when the drumline belts away along with the intro music.
  4. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Man i love the bad boys intro. Definately brings out a playoff type of vibe/hype. If we could get the current pistons to lift their intensity at the right time we are definatly going to make the finals. From there who knows what may happen... who am i kidding - Pistons 2007 NBA Champions baby!!!!:pound: :pound: :pound:
  5. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With the drumline the Countdown never sounded better. I agree 100%