Houston Dec 23 6PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by max, Dec 20, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

According to Vincent the Charlotte coach the reason that they traded Brezec for Nazmo, is because they can and are using Nazmo in the low post which allows Okafer to play up higher, whereas Brezec is a true blue Euro and prefers to plays only at the elbows or higher.

If Cheikh can return and show good progress at Fort Wayne and maybe even play some for us and add a bit more weight over the summer Brezec will gone before next Oct 1st.

It seems to me that Dr. D will keep Herrmann around for the rest of the year as an emergency measure in case Tay or Jarvis get injured. As far as next year goes, I think it will depend on who we draft.

Now that the guards are covered and we are looking pretty good at the 4 and 5 for the next couple of years and maybe even further with the personnel we now have, I think Dr. D. may be looking for a #3 in next years draft, but of course it is way too early to speculate about that.

Besides, there is always the take the best player available approach regardless of the position.

:hoops:
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks for all the recaps. I think that was the first game I missed all year and I immediately wanted to read our home brewed analysis. Now I sort of feel like I saw it.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i didn't see much of the game but oh my god...some of the comments...wow. i saw amir up close and he wasn't sulking, and he didn't seem less confident or more tentative. you guys are trying to analyze his personality and you don't even know him or see what happens in practices!

i guess there always has to be something to nitpick though...all of our starters are playing substantially fewer minutes this year, jmax is getting consistent playing time and has hit 70% of this FTs in december, afflalo is winning a role, stuckey has played both games since coming back, we got rid of a bad contract while adding size and depth at C and SF, nazr is gone, and flip murray is out of the rotation. 27 games into the season, i'd say that's a success.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Complacency. Never wanted. Its a start. Lots of work to be done.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Who broke Check's jaw?
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Great post, Hogg. Lee, not so much. Its not our goal to be 27-0 and averaging 120 PPG to our opponents 79 PPG. THe other teams DO come to play. I believe 20-7 is wonderful because we only have TWO fluke wins: Boston and Atlanta, but we only have 2 BAD losses, Chicago and Chicago.
    We look like a 20-7 team and could finish 61-21 season IF we push our starters, BUT I'd like to see MORE time off between games 40 and 60 for the FaveFive. I want to see at least 3 games where CB , Rip or dYESS DONT PLAY AT ALL. And at least 2 for Sheed and Tay(Tay, no chance).
    Also NO team in the West looks THAT better than us; Spurs are =.

COME PLAYOFFS:

Stuckey: Will round into shape after allstar break. Not concerned that he'll be up and down. He will be a 9PPG scorer and a slick passer. First guard off the bench.

X-MAX: Has developed ,IMO. I believe he will be a 8 and 8 guy with some great blocks. Also, he will be the guy no team can match up with sans Varejo and Nocioni. The KEY to our next 'ship.\

AA: Will combine with Hunter to cause alot of Havoc. Will he play more than Evans down the stretch? Possibly..remember he's our future, not Jarvis , who will end his career one oneyearcontract at a time.

Johnson: He's 20 years old with no ass. Still growin. But certain things I see are startling. He's 7' with his long arms and hops. But he needs a more Tyrus Thomas demeanor: COME IN ANDMAKE NOISE!! Who cares what the score is. That's how Rodman ran Dantley out of town and out-minuted Aquirre. When he does that...WOW!
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Good post. I agree with the points. I think J-Max could average double-digits in scoring, especially if he sticks around the basket. And don't forget about developing Samb. He should help in the middle.