Home Houston Rockets Wednesday Oct 31 2012

Discussion in 'October 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

CV's costume:
    [​IMG]
    copper likes this.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I predict JJ will be used as a power forward, proving that Frank has no clue.
    linwood likes this.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I predict CV will be in street clothes. Meaning Frank has at least the slightest clue. But Bynum will play, to show that is just the tiniest portion possible of clue.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

With two fine point guards, Stuckey and Knight, no need at all for a third one to play who has no talent. And with 4 bigs, JMAX, Kravtsov, Drummond, and Monroe, no need for a guy who just gets pushed around to play even a minute at power forward. We should win the game, but I doubt that will happen as the coach simply won't give us a chance to win.

PS, I tried the chat thing, did not seem to work. I will try again later. Any hints how it works?
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@Lee

Click here

[​IMG]

During the game or if there is a tab that is specifically game chat. The chat box will pop up.

It's not like the old system which was fullscreen, this is only a smaller box (you can resize).
  6. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Checked and checked the TV schedule, what surprised me was e this game ain't no on Lin's bandwagon over here. Sad that I'm afraid that there will be no Pistons game available this season.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I predict that acclimades for Andre Drummond will be flowing.
    coynejeremy and BillLaimbeer like this.
  8. Walter

I hope CV takes a nap before the game.
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

And risk a season ending ankle injury?!
    BillLaimbeer and basketbills like this.
  10. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Is the tip actually 7.30pm or 8.00pm?
  11. roscoe36

7.30 according to NBA.com
  12. roscoe36

Very poor game from Stuckey. It seems like a century ago that he was scoring 40+ pts.
  13. Walter

Clueless friggin coach.

WHY OH WHY would Stuckey be playing the 3 for the last 5 minutes of the game when you have a plethora of SFs sitting around twiddling their thumbs? We finish the game with midget-ball: Bynum-Knight-Stuckey-Prince-Monroe. WTH? Get Bynum and Prince out of there, put Singler back in with either Drummond or Maxiell and we win this game!
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only saw the 2nd qtr via my cell phone and then took a call...the last time I checked we were up 85-80 and then the next time down 98-93.....what happen in the 4th that led to the collapse? By the way I am in San Fran again, but boycotted the Giants victory parade....
    roscoe36 likes this.
  15. Walter

Small ball happened in the 4th. First it was Knight-English-Stuckey-Prince-Monroe followed by Bynum-Knight-Stuckey-Prince-Monroe. I watched the first half and it wasn't bad. Drummond did a decent job and surprisingly Singler-Jerebko played really well together. Then caught the last 6 minutes of the game and it was the painful reminder of last year. Absolutely horrible. Stuckey couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the entire game. Knight was only slightly better and Bynum is, well Bynum. We're down 8 points towards the end, and Frank decides to play three guards who can't shoot, Prince the palm-boy and pass-up-the-first-three-wide-open-looks Monroe to finish the game. Terrible terrible coaching in the second half.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

JJ. Not a power forward. Although he hustles and makes plays now and again, as a power forward he does absolutely nothing - at either end of the floor.

Bynum. Some good plays. Some terrible plays. Made some shots. No way enough to make up for pourous defense and reverting to bad decisions all too soon. Simply should not be on the team anymore.

Knight. Pretty decent game. Can shoot. Can defend. Assist. Etc. Always good to have him on the floor.

English. Highlight real of good plays in this game. His steals and assists, and a neat bucket off one of those steals, as well as some other involvement from him, got us back out of a hole and in control with a 12-2 run at the end of the first half. Then he comes on and hits 2 triples in the 2nd half. But coach would have none of his success, and started surrounding him with garbage players to ensure nobody would notice the great game he was having. And even worse, he put him out in small ball land at the end of the game to ensure we would lose the game. Totally nutsy move by coach to go small ball there.

Prince. Lots of good plays. Lots of smart basketball to help his team score.

Monroe. Drummond. Apart, neither can do enough by themselves. Absolute shame that coach chose to lose this game rather than give into common sense and put them both in together so we would have decent interior D for at least a second in this game.

Singler. Nice he made a couple of 3's. But his defense is just rank. He could be hid into an otherwise solid defensive unit. But instead, Singler was surrounded by trash defensive players and it showed real badly.

Stuckey. Horrible outside shooting. But yet he was effective in scoring when he did his human recking ball routine.

Back to English. He should be starting for sure, over Stuckey. And Stuckey makes a fine backup point. Stuckey played much of the 2nd quarter with the 2nd unit and he certainly belongs there.

Kravtsov did not play. Neither did CV nor Daye.

JMAX. Hit his shots. Nothing wrong with his game at all - but weak on having any height. Lets see Monroe and him switch roles. Immediately. Not after ten losses. Get it together coach, and coach to win, not to serve some agenda you have otherwise.

One last thought. The combination of length and quickness is very good with English and Knight paired in the backcourt. That 12 - 2 run - Houston had all their guns out there, but English and Knight played the real good D.Lets see more of that.

Now, to give some credit to the coach, we did get to see English and Knight paired up. But to not stick with it after seeing it is the true tragedy.
    del, BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

So unhappy with tonight's performance I don't even know where to start.

oh...and, what's up guys!
    brofmfa, coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  18. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

****ty end game lineup, coach. We have an excess of SFs and some actual size sitting on the bench and you bring in BYNUM?! who, btw, immediately proceeded to give up an and one to Harden. That lineup was something I'd have attributed to Vinny Del Negro or Paul Silas. What did we draft bigger guys for if you're going to play midget ball to end a crucial first game?

There are some hardcore homers on the other boards arguing whether Harden is better than Rodney - well, the bearded guy made plain who the better man was tonight. Stuck just got owned on that end of the floor, and couldn't score away from the FT line at the other end. 1-10 for the guy who is supposedly one of our better scorers? Not gonna cut it.

Brandon was up and down. He got to the rim at will, but had some trouble finishing and looked visibly frustrated at the end (especially when teammates kept pump faking themselves into the defense/passing out of wide open looks). Personally, I thought one of his better stretches was when he was in the game alongside Kim.

Greg needs to make quicker/better decisions with the ball. Too many times he got himself in trouble forcing the ball inside/stopping in the middle of the floor looking confused (sometimes he got the ball poked away, team high 4 TOs today). He's still our best player, but players like Asik do tend to give him trouble. Why coach never got Andre in with him to help with that is beyond me.

English could be a steal, true, but he looked visibly rattled at the end of the game. He should be fine though.

Kyle played well. He's thus far proven to be the most steady rookie, and hit some nice shots this game.

Andre didn't play enough. Seriously.

Will Bynum shouldn't be in the game late. Especially not as part of a crappy three guard lineup.

Max was actually solid today. Just couldn't hang on to some of those rebounds.

Tay's defense is officially just a reputation.

This was a fun game in the beginning, especially around halftime/third quarter but the rest of it sort of sucked, especially when Harden was running around dunking. What this game did for me was to reinforce my belief that Stuckey is better suited to be sixth man.

Hey Low!
    BallDon'tLie and basketbills like this.
  19. Pwn Toney

A) UNDER THE SCREENS a la Chucky Atkins
    B) Why on earth is English in there during crunch time?
    C) Yes, your best player should absolutely NOT see the ball at crunch time
    D) Great defense tonight, Stuckey ...said NO ONE EVER.
    linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  20. Pwn Toney

2 Positives...1) we helped Houston look like geniuses for getting Hardin. 2) We will be all over the NBA news cycle tomorrow.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.