How Brave Are You??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Kerghan, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Bargnani and Ross for Jerebko and Stuckey

1. Yes

86.7%
  2. No

13.3%
  1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not really sure how the Pistons benefit. What are they getting, other than "rid of Stuckey?"

I mean, look at last year:

Rk/Player/Season/Age/G/MP/PER | TS%/eFG%/ORB%/DRB%/TRB%/AST%/STL%/BLK%/TOV%/USG% | ORtg/DRtg | OWS/DWS/WS/WS/48
    1 Andrea Bargnani 2012-13 27 35 1003 11.2 | .483 .445 3.0 12.3 7.6 6.6 1.1 1.8 10.5 23.7 | 94 109 | -0.4 0.6 0.2 .008
    2 Jonas Jerebko.... 2012-13 25 49 892 15.7 | .531 .489 8.6 15.4 11.9 8.1 2.3 0.7 10.6 20.2 | 109 107 | 1.2 0.8 2.0 .107

1 Terrence Ross... 2012-13 21 73 1239 10.4 | .491 .478 3.3 10.6 6.9 7.2 1.8 0.9 9.2 19.6 | 98 109 | 0.0 0.8 0.9 .034
    2 Rodney Stuckey 2012-13 26 76 2171 13.0 | .505 .443 2.2 9.1 5.6 20.3 1.2 0.6 13.4 21.0 | 103 111 | 1.7 0.8 2.5 .055

Again, how do the Pistons benefit?
    The Panda likes this.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I wouldn't mind seeing Barney-Yarney play with Drummond or Monroe.

He's a crap defender though, not quite Charlie V, but not a whole lot better.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Someone hasn't seen Bargnani play...
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bargnani used to get into a really nice zone. Great shooting stroke.
  5. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Who says no on a Monroe + Jerebko + filler for Kevin Love. The guy is out of Minnesota after that ridiculous 3 year contract so now is the time to grab him. Twolves get a good replacement big and bench player we get a stud that fits perfectly with Drummond.
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I was going to write that I didn't think Iggy would pan out for us but I changed my mind. We have a good a shot as any. The thing that hurts us is our coach situation. We need to do something with the money.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a tough one, which probably means that it is a decent trade.
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I think it comes down to durability to me and right now Love is creating some HUGE question marks for me. I love Monroe's production and durability through 3 seasons. I'd keep him.
    The Panda, del and linwood like this.
  9. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They are both really good players... Love a bit more productive. The tempting part is the spacing that Love would create on offense.
    pass99 and linwood like this.
  11. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'll do it without a doubt.... but I won't expect Ross to become a beast in the league.. just a decent SG who is very athlethic.
  12. Kerghan

Kerghan First Round Draft Pick

The main reason I think Toronto even remotely considers it is due to the fact that Andrea gets booed by his home team whenever he touches the ball in front of his own crowd. And that isn't an exaggeration, not to mention his injury history and lackluster performance this year.
    Therefore I was thinking perhaps you can convince them to simply cut their losses and take a pretty rough deal in return.
    For Detroit I thought you can replace Jonas and Maxiell with a more talented player who only a year ago was averaging 19 and 21 points respectively.
    Money wise you aren't just taking back 22 million or whatever his contract is because you are also shipping out a bunch of salary as well with Rodney and Jonas so financially it isn't as severe as it may seem.
    It doesn't have a catastrophic effect on your cap space this off season so you can still go hunting for Free Agents.
    I expected more people to be against it in all honesty I just thought as a high risk high reward move for a team that really isn't going anywhere it could be worth a shot.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

You won't get Ross. Maybe a draft pick. But mostly flotsam. Because they know Stuckey sucks and so do we, at that point its just contract trading.

I think the Raps are a good trade partner because they happen to be stupider than the Pistons FO, and they also happen to be in a terrible contract situation with Gay's albatross. They will be looking to move Bargnani, but I don't think many people will pick up the phone with the offers that are going to be attached to him. I doubt Ross will be there. Who else though?

I agree with you hugely on Monroe. I love the guy. Honestly think he is a top 15 frontcourt player in the league right now and he is still improving. Give Moose a KG style 15 footer and let Drummond fill in for 'Air up there' and we have a serious team. But Love is a different breed of PF. He isn't a 'stretch 4' like Charlie Villenueva, in that he plays defense and rebounds ferociously. He isn't a soft 4. He also happens to be one of the best players in the league, young, and wanting out of Minnesota. Without being one of those annoyingly optimistic fans, I don't think we need to give up Monroe to get him, which is the best part. We just need to give the Wolves a huge salary dump and a pick or two.

TL:DR - I would take a shoot at KLove. I know TaS has put up some really good arguments against him, but his style of play could contribute more to winning here than it can in MIN. I also don't think we need to give up Monroe to get it.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Bargnani would be a great back up big to play some Magic-lite ball.. I'd do it which is why TO probably wouldn't.

I thought Drummond and Monroe looked pretty good playing together all year. I'm willing to ride with them but I don't want to wait another year to make sure they fit. That being said, Monroe seems to get his stats without altering the course of the game at all.

Was there 1 game when Drummond was out that made you say "Wow!" about him? Kevin Love was an All Star for crying out loud.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A rebounding champ who won the 3 point contest before the age of 24 is pretty unique. His defense isn't great, but either is Monroe's.
  16. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I'll be honest - I get Bogut and Bargnani mixed up pretty easily, but are you being facetious about the rebounding? He's one of the worst rebounders for his size in the NBA - the only bigs worse per 36 minutes this past year were Fab Melo, Shane Battier, and Kyle Novak, and there were about a dozen point guards that were better on a per 36 minute basis. When Ricky Rubio is a better rebounder than you, you suck as a center.
  17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think TaS was talking about Kevin Love.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, talking about Love. Bargnani is in no danger of getting a rebound any time soon.
  19. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

With those looks he could snag some girl that just broke up I bet.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

He kind of has that TMac thing where his eyes go different directions.