How Brave Are You??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Kerghan, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Bargnani and Ross for Jerebko and Stuckey

1. Yes

86.7%
  2. No

13.3%
  1. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

No Ron Ron. I am vetoing that right now.

His D isn't that good anymore and he gives you no offense. Waste of money.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's still 71st in DWS, which would means he's about the 2nd/3rd best defensive player on the average squad.

His eFG is better than Aldridge, Greg Monroe, JR Smith, Singler, J. Noah, Ben Gordon, and many others.

Say you could give him a 3 year deal at $4.5M. No go?

Paul George would be my first choice (NBA leader in DWS), but he's under contract for another 1-2 years/ qualifying offer. Others that rank above Artest that don't play for the Spurs and aren't Lebron James/ Durant and aren't old (Paul Pierce):
    Kirilenko ($10.2M player option next season). He's 32 years old and we'd have to pay him more than $10.2M... seems like a mistake, even though he'd fit in nicely.
    Jeff Green (under contract for 2 more years + a player option for a 3rd year)
    Matt Barnes (unrestricted FA)
    Deng (one more year at $14M)
    Gay (under contract for next year + player option for another)

So, it looks like Matt Barnes is the best available defensive SF who will be a FA. However, he got his stats off of the bench- only 4 starts this year. He's also 32 years old and has offensive efficiency well below Artest. He's got a great attitude though and could be a bridge player for us to set the identity.

Other options:

Earl Clark: FA
    Kyle Korver: FA (if we want to go with the Magic model)

Maybe Earl Clark is the JD 2002 retro move.

basketbills likes this.
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'd go for Barnes. Great attitude, good D and isn't he a good 3 point shooter? Also, he was actually a starter in the Magic team our bench were trying to model! (atleast the one that made the ECF after Hedo left)
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

MWP is too sexy for his cat.
    ...jus sayin.
    linwood likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

A 33 year old who gives you 12pts/5rbs/1.5 assists on a 3 year deal? Artest has already shown that he is far slower than he used to be + he only shoots 40%, 34% from deep.

[​IMG]

Kyle Korver is good for 3 & D, particularly if he has Drum behind him. No thanks on Barnes. No thanks on Gay's terrible contract, or Deng because we just won't get him. Jeff Green would also be a good pick up, although I don't see how we could possibly get him. Earl Clark probably won't be leaving the Lakers.

I'm not high on Barnes. In fact, I would rather take a punt on Delonte West.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I could see Jeff Green fitting in well in Detroit if it was possible to get him.
    The Pistons can offer him something that Boston can't; - a prominant role on the team. In Boston, he'll always be playing 2nd fiddle to KG, Da Truth and Rondo. In Detroit, he'd have a voice and get more touches.

Ainge has had his eye on Stuckey for many years so...
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Bargs would be an upgrade over CV, but that's about it.

Danny Granger is ripe for picking with Paul George's ascension. What if we got Bargs from Raptors in a trade similar to the proposal that started this thread and traded him to Indiana for Granger? Add a second rounder (or Kenny) to sweeten the deal for Pacers.