How do you feel about the AI for Chauncey/Dice/Cheikh Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 4, 2008.

?

What are your feelings on the trade?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2008.
  1. Great trade for Detroit

49.2%
  2. Good trade for Detroit

28.8%
  3. Even trade for Detroit

1.7%
  4. Bad trade for Detroit

6.8%
  5. Horrible trade for Detroit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wait and See

13.6%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sound off on the poll!
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say that it's a good trade for Detroit now with the potential to be a great trade depending on what happens after this season.

Do we re-sign AI after this season? If yes, for how much? If no, what do we do with that money?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

bump bump
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm all by myself; Can i get some help in the bad trade category? Low?, anybody ? LOL
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Most people believe the Pistons are a better team today than they were 2 days ago.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Hey, that means if i'm right about how this turns out, i have super special basketball analysis skills. Although, people will probably believe we would have underachieved with CB as well.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I cast my ballot for "Good trade." I thought A.I. was older than 33. When I found out he wasn't, I was happier about the trade. The guy is still a warrior and even if it doesn't pan out, clearly Detroit is going to clear some cap space.

No way this team was going to win a 'ship with the CB-led cast. Probably won't win one this season either. I think A.I. will get the injury bug, but at least the team is looking forward instead of looking backward (2004).
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Our SHIP has sailed. I didn't have hope, but many of you did. With this change in personel, we are out of the running. I really feel we will NEVER be in the running for Bron-Bron. I can't see anybody going from Cleveland to Detroit (except Laimbeer) without considering many other options. :confused:
  9. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I'm going to wait and see how this trade is going to turn out. Hopefully he doesn't turn into the "Answer." My grandma feels that Chauncey should be with this team. I wish I could tell Joe that I want to choke him but whatever he sees in A.I., he must feel that he's going to fit for the team and work out for us.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

stuckey is the future, and if not now.... he would have had to be traded at the end of this season.

Stuckey and AI fit the type of PG that currey's offense needs... If we were going to play the same offense that we have the last 6 years then the trade was a bad idea... but with the way were trying to push the game, I think its a trade that had to be made sooner or later, and it worked out to be sooner.
  12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I like the trade. I will miss Chauncey, but it was clear a change needed to be made. This was not the same team once Big Ben left and with the new crop of young fast PG's coming on the scene we needed to upgrade on a atheletic stand point. We needed a player that comands the superstar whistle and that can get to the foul line 10 times a game.

We may not win the championship this year,but atleast we will still be competitive. This trade sets us up for the future. People are so focused on Lebron, but we have money to now go after Shawn Marion, Boozer, Bosh, Wade and whom ever else is out there. A GM's job is to win today, but also not have tunnel vision and think about the future. With this trade Joe D. has done that and also took care of Chauncey by sending him to his hometown team.
  13. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

This trade will give this team a breath of fresh air and will motivate all players to play at a higher level every given nite. The excitement will be so great that guys will not be able to contain themselves. Look Chauncey was my favorite player however this was definitely in the best interest of the team for the short and definitely the long term. We will be faster, more unpredictable on offense, get to the line more, play edgier and become deeper. Rip or Tay is gonna have to sit, what a luxury. Man i cant wait until we fire on all cylinders with this guy.
  14. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Good trade, Stuckey is not ready yet. I believe Iverson would be a better mentor for Stuckey because AI is that grimey, tough type of PG who can take it to the hoop. Detroit never lacked the talent, but the passion and intensity. Hopefully bringing Iverson along with the rest of the guys can help inject some of that passion back into the team and spark a strong playoff run in the future.
  15. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With Chauncey, we were a jump-shooting team. Live by the jumper, die by the jumper. It worked briefly with LB, because he made them work inside out, and enough jumpers fell. But from then on, other teams made us live with jumpers, and the best teams could defend us easily.

Now, our offense changes. How much and how well remains to be seen, but AI's presense means dribbling out the shot clock and throwing up a jumper will no longer be our means of operation.

It's for the better now, and two years from now we may be and entirely different and powerful team.

The 80-70 games are over. Hopefully, we can still play decent defense.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

How does Chauncey feel? I have not seen a press conference or any sort of short interview with his reactions.
  17. max

max All-Star

Good points. I have a feeling its going to be like watching #11 play again or at least the closest player we could get.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hopefully Samb will get some burn in Denver. It would be fun to see.
  19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Where is the essence of yourself? You want to play the chess game, and react to "check-mate, from the opposite side...by the reaction of saying, "can we please elevate the slope of game board away from me."
  20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good post.