How far gone are YOU?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by professorspawn, May 29, 2006.

1. professorspawn

professorspawn Second Round Draft Pick

My parents are divorced, so on my dad's nights ("professor", obviously) we have "movie night" basically we all take turns choosing a movie.

Tonight is my dad's night. Guess what we're watching? THE PISTONS!

My dad said this, and my brother and I go "Sweet, that's cool" and my mom starts up a miniature rant about how he's neglecting his night for the game. My brother and I were down with it though.

anyway, to make this relevant, my question is: What lets you or your family know that you are over the Pistons edge? What displays your obsession?

stay cool,
    -e.;)

p.s. if you say "I'm not over the edge!" you are worse than anyone! The first step is admitting you have a problem.......
  2. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

My wife invites her non-Bball fan friends over just to watch me watch the game. She thinks that entertaining.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Time spent with those closest to us, engaging in the escapes we enjoy (mutually) is never neglect. I put my visiting relatives through the 2004 title run, and we are closer (in my mind at least) for that. It's something that comes up in telephone conversations even two years later. And they follow hockey.

My obsession manifests itself in this website. I have a problem. :redface: :laugh:
  4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

oh? what edge? was that an edge? I didn't even see it...
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

This kind of reminds me of the "Am I the Pistons Keeper" thread.

Let`s put it this way, depending on how this playoff run turns out, will define my relationship with some people. Win or lose.

It would be much better if I was in Detroit, however, it makes it fun being out of town, when they win that is.

This forum really helps, it`s therapeutic.......:ohwell:
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Spawnpawn do you know what a jocksniffer is? Do you like gladiator movies?
    PS. why post to him here, just open a door and yell.
  7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:laugh:

i suspect because posting on the pistonsforum is the only way to actually get my attention these days! :eyebrows:
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The internet is a terrible thing to waste.
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What obsession?... it's fun memorizing CBA rules... or tracking every player in the league salaries...:nod:
    It's a completely healthy past time (starts nervous twitch)... ok so we have three players that are within six days of age (hand starts to shake)...
    Piston addict?...naw, there's no problem here... why, we could go Piston cold turkey anyday (wipes sweat off brow)....:heh:
    One day all of this useful information (Ben wears rows 40% of the time) will come in handy... it's all under control...BBWWWAHHAAHA:attention
    Welcome to the dark side lil Prof:banplease
  10. max

max All-Star

Just kink of getting into the Pistons? Thats alright. I started watching them during the 1st dynasty back in the late 80's. Nobody questioned it when they were winning. Its when we hit the next rebuilding phase to expect the all the odd looks "You still follow that team". Yes I do.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

When the season is over and you start looking at FA's, and talk s&t's, like you really are the one writing the checks.

When you call WDFN on mothers day b4 u call your mom.
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  13. professorspawn

professorspawn Second Round Draft Pick

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
  14. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am so gone it's unbelievable. I should be used to it by now. When my twin brother and I was born, my mother threw a pistons shirt in the crib after that it was on.

I remember the days going down to the Joe when Dave Bing was playing, I would cry when the Pistons lose and my father would tell me, "there's no crying in basketball" (just kidding).

My husband gets annoyed because he just cannot believe how anyone can be so passionate about a team. When the Pistons lose, I refuse to read the sports page, watch ESPN or listen to any of the Pre-game chatter.
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Armygirl, is your husband from DC? If so is he not a Redskins fan? Living here for 23 years, I`ve realized they have got to be some of the most sensitive, and passionate sports fans I have ever seen!

Even if he isn`t a Redskins fan, if you have been in this area for a while you notice these Redskin fanatics, and they are extremely annoying....:frusty:
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

No but I saw "Midnite Express"
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I look at it this way.

You can't hold a whole sports’ fans responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals who believe that in endless analysis and numbers is all knowledge. For if you do, then shouldn't you blame the whole basketball system? And if the whole basketball system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of sports institutions in general? I put it to you, - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want, but I’m not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

The truth is, I’m not around the bend, but I can see it from here.

P.S. Dlev - don’t be saying bad things about the ‘Skins.