How long before Stafford starts ?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Apr 30, 2009.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He could be thrown to the wolves, first game.
    But likely he'll need to beat out Culpepper.
    I say they pull the same stunt as with Joel, after 2 games.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This team is way too unpredictable. Based on what I read the so-called people "in the know" say that Culpepper looks good. If it is the case, then the kid should have at least a year of clipboard work and hopefully get ready to start. Otherwise, who knows.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

One year ought to do it. We need to make sure we're blocking and tackling before we march 40 million dollar man out onto the field. I just hope they don't throw him to the wolves (or Packers for that matter). We're not winning with Stafford, til we prove we have SOME talent to surround Stafford with.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Stafford will be starting or getting some playing time the week after the Thanksgiving game. Mark it down.
  5. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

The Lions should let Culpepper take the abuse. :pound:

Why not go the Carson Palmer (when healthy is a TOP 5 QB) route? Let him sit his rookie year and learn the playbook?

The Lions are nothing like the Falcons. The Falcons actually have an o-line, but I won't say weapons, because Calvin Johnson > Roddy White (by a LONG SHOT). But this is the Lions we're talking about.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

8 games should be enough
  7. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Whatever the time frame you think it should be, you may want to guess on the short end for this reason. Stafford is already signed, sealed, and delivered. No doubt he already has the play book, and it won't be missing any meetings due to contract issues. I say throw him to the wolves during preseason. And if he survives, let him go on. And if he needs to step back and take a breather for a few games to let the game slow down, give him a clipboard and a headset. These next two years are freebies anyways. It's not like we will be going to the playoffs for at least three years anyways.

Give him as much as he can handle as soon as possible. And when you see the water begin to spill over the sides of the glass, take the glass from underneath the faucet. The first thing he needs to learn is how to handle a blitz. Once he does that, the game will slow down tremendously.
  8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

didn't manning (peyton) start all his games as a rookie and go like 1-15, if there strong mentally, they can deal with the abuse. If there not don't we want to know now, and not two years from now?
  9. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Exactly. That's why I am for throwing him in the frying pan as soon as possible. It's gonna take him three years to get it all figured out. Might as well start learning now. You take a year to read how to drive a car or you can get behind the wheel and learn on the fly. You do need to know when to back off though. We don't want to destroy his confidence by giving him a steak to chew on when he is a baby and can only handle milk. Balance is the key.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Wojo says game 14 at the earliest.
    If that's the case 5 wins from Culpepper.