How Long Will Kitna Last?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Oct 1, 2006.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

After today, Kitna reminds me a lot of Drew Stanton...and that ain't a compliment.
  2. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

This a little off topic but I just had to get it off my chest. This is what I sent to the Lions today...

Coach...as an expatriate Detroiter and former football player, it is gut-wrenching to watch our players getting shoved around. You well know that the least aggressive player is the one that gets hurt. Today demonstrated that only too well.

It is not only the players that seemed less aggressive but the schemes as well. Our secondary played way off their receivers and made it easy for them. Both lines were getting pushed back all day long. K.J. ran soft...never hitting the line with aggression.

I know some of that is due to the learning curve...players are a micro-second slow when the play has not been engrained in them. But, I see very little tough tackling. I see no deep throws, which keep the opposition from cheating. I see very little blitzing. Maybe you just have the wrong players. Which means this will be a long re-building process.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you can bring out some toughness and aggression in these guys. Don't let them fall into shame and lack of confidence. Just get them pissed off enough to push somebody around and for God's sake cover up those weaknesses in the Cover Two...its killing us.

A long time Lion fan, now in California [​IMG]:frusty:
  3. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

This is a lot better:
    [​IMG]
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

congo, last time I wrote the Lions, they were 2-4 and that was in 1995. We all know how that season turned out. Hope your letter goes just as well.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

OK, I didn't get to watch the game, but it looks like it can be summarized like this:

Kevin Jones- 10 carries for 8 yards and a concussion.
    Roy Williams- back stinger
    Kitna- a couple of bone-headed plays to gift wrap the win for Minny.

Looks like we are gunning for the #1 draft pick.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With both Jones and William both getting banged up, is the question how long will Kitna last as the starting QB, or long will he last before the offensive line allows the opposing line mangle his body too!!:crutch: