How many ?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Kick it to the big man, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Kick it to the big man

Kick it to the big man Second Round Draft Pick

How many losses is going to take, before we realize, franks system, don't fit us? Really? We can't win one game? We need A new coach! None of our guys wanna play for Frankenstein, and it's shows..... Yeah, we don't have the best talent on our squad, but we got enough to get a win....Frankenstein has gotta go! He's leading us to liking other NBA teams! We all know about Joe D, he is the dude who picked Darko over Carmelo and D Wade.... Pack up him and frank......I hope we do something soon because I can only watch so much of this garbage, we suck!
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Instead of ranting, I'm sugesting rational thinking - did team abandon frank last year after 4-twnentysomething win -loss column? No

In fact, had stuckey and monroe play their average games - this team were to be instead of 0-7....5-2 - for instance. Face it, ther is no adequate replacement for neither suckey nor g-mon.

bench is - all-rookies - can't expect stability from those guys anyway.

This team - relatively young - plays on the road and back-to back games. There simply is no time for practices now .
  3. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

combine this thread to the Laker's thread down stair, please.
  4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

if maggette was not injured, i'm quite sure would be at least 2-5. That is, of course he is taking stuckey's minutes.
  5. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hi JZ long time.
  6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The biggest reason for our terrible start IMO is not coaching... but the terrible play of our starting SG. Trading him at this point is the best thing Dumars can do....
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

we may have young players, but this idiot coach has done nothing...and I mean nothing to help this team. He screams for defense and rebounding and yet he chooses to keep our best defender and rebounder on the bench behind our undersized defensive sieve(max) He says we need spacing and scoring yet he keeps the same no-offensive supposed shooting guards and sf out there to dribble and pass the shot clock away. He eventually makes substitutions but has no idea how to mix the lineups to get maximum effect. Instead of putting Monroe and Drum with english singler and BK so we have boards interior defense and outside spot up shooting...he puts Drum with JJ,stuckey, bynum and singler so we have last second jackups and a clogged lane cause nobody can make an outside shot and the defense knows it.
    As for the theory that if Stuck and Monroe played better to start the season we would have a better record...maybe...but what if when they were playing like horse crap our coach pulle dthem and made some substitutions before we were down by 20 in every friggin game. Also, sometimes players dont play/ mesh well with other players in a certain system or lineup, this is on the coaching staff to put the right system into play to match the players...not the other way around.
  8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Larry started 0-16 with the 2009 Nets. I think we let him get to at least 0-16 before we start expecting changes.
    linwood, S.J. and BillLaimbeer like this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This crappy roster won 21 of its last 42 games last year under Frank's system. What is different? Well, the biggest reason is Stuckey:

2011-12: 29.9 minutes, 42.9% FG, 14.8 points
    2012-13: 31.9 minutes, 23.6% FG, 7.9 points

Of course, you can't blame it all on Stuckey, but with an "average" SG, the Pistons would at least have 2 or 3 wins right now.
    pass99 and jzchen like this.
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

and couldnt some blame go to the coach who refuses to reduce the minutes of a player that is underperforming? maybe toss singler or english in for one or 2 of those games and we win....and maybe toss drum in for 20-25 minutes and we dont get killed on the glass and we win...soooo maybe when players are playin like crap a " good " coach makes a move that helps the team? maybe...just maybe our coach is an inept dwarf with no real clue as to how to manage a team.
  11. Kick it to the big man

Sometimes you gotta sit people, coach Frankenstein could try some different lineups, we cant keep dribbling down the court, wasting 24 seconds, we gotta attack, play basketball, not coaching..... All we want is wins, however, or whoever, just make it happen...you can't get set on one lineup, especially, if it's not working........maybe Joe should let me talk to the team, I would get them boys ballin....I know I could get a W.....
    brofmfa likes this.
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

at this point I dont think your pep talk could hurt
  13. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

it's not only fault of the coach, the fault falls on everyone on the pistons. Players 40% - Coach 40% - Management (Dumars + Gores + everyone else that i don't know but works there..) 20%

I really hope we win some games this week or it will get ugly..
  14. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Stuckey is allowed to be Stuckey. that's the problem.
    pass99 likes this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would love to see a lineup change....anything that gives Stuckey, Maxiel, or Prince fewer minutes would be a nice start.
    pass99 likes this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

This is such a bad approach.

I mean, first off the bat. What exactly do you think Franks 'system' is? So far as I can see our average NBA exp is 3.7 years, and that is bumped up heavily by Mag, Prince and BoT. Everyone else is so young. Frank is pretty much preaching to play defense first and let the points make themselves. Which is fine by me.

Secondly, we are what, 0-7? 8% of the way through the season and you want to make that call? Seems a bit premature to me, especially considering our most talented players have 2,1 and 0 years experience, respectively, in the NBA.

As for the draft, hindsight is 20-20 and it is really easy to sit on the couch and lob insults. But at the time, Darko was the consensus #2 after LBJ. No one else could have seen it. And secondly, who the hell would have wanted Melo? Wade would have left after his rookie contract as well.
    alexa032 and brofmfa like this.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is all on Joe. This team is horrible and their are some toxic players who need to go.
    1. Stuckey
    2. Tay
    3. BoT
    4. Daye
    5. and dare i say.......... Knight. He's the sacrificial pawn, he's the key to getting rid of the aforementioned bums and actually getting sometging of value back in return.
    pass99 likes this.
  18. Kick it to the big man

So that's what happened, we just picked Darko because of the consensus?? That's the problem, who did the scouting? If you brought him in and worked him out, why you couldn't see he sucked? Are you saying Carmelo is garbage? I guess you don't see basketball much. You can't say what would've been, but if wade or Carmelo were in a Detroit uniform, we would have more wins than we do now! We always get picks that are too young, or too old, I'm not trying to knock nobody, I'm just callin it like I see it.... I'm a Deeeee-troit bad boy for life...I just want us to win!
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Word.
    The Darko selection has been debated for years. You can simply type "Darko" in the forum search thingy to read one of the 133 or so threads dedicated to this subject.
    ...and by the way, Carmello IS garbage. :brick:
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Lies... Carmello is great...... for a fantasy team. All numbers and no wins when it counts.

Darko would have been the number 1 pick in most years... There were folks that get paid to write about the game that even speculated that if any other team but Cleveland had the number 1 pick that year that it wasn't clear cut who was the best player was in that draft.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.