How much will Ben demand this summer?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by AllNet, Jan 15, 2006.

1. AllNet

AllNet Second Round Draft Pick

And how much will the Pistons be willing to give him consider Chauncey is a FA next summer and the way he is playing will also demand a huge deal most likely.

I'm guessing Ben will want the max, when you consider all these lower tier guys and wannabe superstars are getting paid big money.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i think ben and chauncey won't force the max because joe dumars was the only gm that believed in these guys they'll get a raise, but if another team pays more i think both will stay here they have a great run going.
  3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Who can offer Ben a Max contract? Dont think any contenders can. And I dont see a lottery team offering that kind of money to a guy who cant score. My bet, Joe offers a 40 mil, 4 year contract, and Big Ben takes it. CB on the other hand could be looking at near max money next year, either from us, or another team.

The real question is how much we offer Darko in 2 years.

:pound:
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Watch out for the Bulls ... deep pockets... Ben kills them every time... they needs a mobile big to complete their roster.
    Ya think they'd like to screw over the Pistons?
  5. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

If we win the championship this year, start at 12mil, ramp it up a half mil each year for 4 total years. If we don't, start at 10mil. Ben deserves big money, Joe and Davidson want to give it to him, and Ben won't ask for it. He is eligible for like 18mil isn't he? Even if Chicago offered it I don't think he would take it. I would also expect some bonuses dealing with defensive poty, etc that could give a mil more.
  6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The Bulls still have plenty of holes. And they're a young team, so I can't see them killing their cap space to sign a 32 year old. Even if they do go after him, you think they're gonna sign him for a deal that starts at $12M+ and goes up? Much less a deal that starts at 18M?? They've already got 60+ million invested in a center that can't score. Do they need an older one for more money? And that doesn't even get to what Ben wants. I just can't see him wanting to leave the best team in the league for a rebuilding team. Especially considering the amount of money we will be willing to pay him.
  7. max

max All-Star

He will ask for 34.312 million over 3 years.
  8. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

two things. First you hit it on the head--CHI doesnt need an old mobile Defensive Big man. Although they are not even close to his league, Bulls already have Chandler who is good for some rebounds. They need scoring and that isnt ben. Also, although Ben is a great player, he is way to 1 dimensional (and old) to get a Max deal. I hope Joe puts something on the board that is top heavy--starting at like 14 mil and going down to 10 in 4 years. that would be a 50 million contract, but give felxxibility as he ages more