1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

How serious is LeBron about wanting to win? Serious enough to play in Detroit?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 8, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

If you really want to win, do you leave your fate in the hands of some idiot like Danny Ferry (who has made one good move in his career - drafting you!)?! Do you leave your fate in the hands of whoever happens to be in charge of the knicks this month?!

No. If you are serious about winning, you sign on with a general manager that has proven he can put the right kind of talent around you...in 2010, for the next 5 years, the next 10 years, and the next 15.

I mean, cool, he loves New York. I'm sure he's got a private jet. This guy can hangout wherever he wants, whenever he wants. Sure, he's probably going to make a little more endorsement money in a big market. But how much money does he really need? He's gonna be the richest athlete in the world regardless.

The real question is...how much does this guy really want to win? If Joe-D makes some suave moves this summer...like trading Tay and Rip for a younger up and coming big man and wing, signs Paul Millsap, and retains enough cap space to give him a max contract...is he going to take it?

If the championships are just waiting to be taken, its gotta be hard to turn down...right? worth a shot. second choice is joe johnson. not a bad plan...am i right?

C: Trade Rip or Tay?
    PF: P. Millsap
    SF: L. James
    SG: Trade Rip or Tay?
    PG: R. Stuckey

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ferry didn't even draft LBJ, lol! He didn't get the job until 05 and LBJ was drafted in 03.

3. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I'm so glad this topic is realistic.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

LeBron will be going to a team with a proven coach and some talented players. We have none of those things right now. Certainly, he'll stay in Cleveland right now before he'd venture over ot Detroit. Hes already miles ahead by staying there.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we're starting to sink into the abyss of homerism here... :MusicBigGrin:

6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Yes. Yes we are. :pound:

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Danny Ainge was an "idiot" too until he won a championship.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This seems like a pretty realistic idea to me. I mean, LeBron would have a chance to be a part of a starting lineup that includes Milsap, Stuckey and 2 other yet to be named players. Who wouldn't want a chance at that?

9. basketbills

Yep. And the opportunity to play for Coach Curry will be a big draw too. I'm not saying it's 100%...but it's looking like it will happen.

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

OMG I just had a mental visual of Kobe & Lebron puppets sitting at a kitchen table covered by Curry's suit material.

11. basketbills

From what I've read and seen LeBron is not adverse to tablecloth suits. He doesn't quite have the Curry sense of style but at least he has the checkered pattern.

[​IMG]

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Call me crazy, but I think the Cavs and Ferry have done a pretty good job of adding pieces around LeBron since he's been there. I think they've been at or over the cap the entire time.

Either way, Ferry has done a much better job of adding to his team the last few years than Dumars has.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur..Mo Williams, Delonte West and even Joe Smith were definitely better pickups than Kwame, Fabio, Juan dixon, Jarvis and AI:stirthepot:

14. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

maybe i should have been more clear in what i was trying to say -

this summer, regardless of what moves we make, i think we should leave ourselves enough cap space to sign at least one max contract in 2010.

so...say dumars signs someone like millsap, he trades tayshaun for a promising young center, he trades rip for a promising young wing, and if michael curry doesnt work out next year...he finds a new coach.

now you've got a great coach, 4 great starters and you're one star away from championships. you pitch that to lebron. if he doesnt bite, you pitch it to d-wade. if he doesn't bite, you pitch it to joe johnson.

its a lebron plan...but its not really exclusive to him. hear what im saying?

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At the point, I think we should just assume LeBron is coming to Detroit in 2010. We probably should stop talking about it now, so that the Pistons are not accused of tampering.

16. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I hear what you're sayin' blue. JJ is good but to plan for LeBron (a. SF & b. not gonna happen) and have to settle for Wade (a. SG & b. probably wouldn't happen) or JJ (a. SG & b. possable) isn't practical because they play different positions, styles, etc.... You'd have to remain flexible which is why Joe's looking for so many "combo" players.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If LeBron was serious about winning he'd take the MLE to go play with the Lakers or the Magic.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Rumor has it then when LeBron stormed off the court after losing to the Magic he wasn't angry at losing, but was actually going to call Paul Milsap about the possibility of playing together. All this other stuff is a smokescreen.

19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I get giddy at the thought of King James in Pistons gear!
    ...setting screens for Rip Hamilton.

20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'd love the idea of "the King" playing in the palace.

But we all know it's not going to happen unless Joe can blackmail him with something that an 8 carat purple diamond can't erase. :stirthepot: